RegisterDonateLogin

I'm a Toydarian. Mind tricks don't work on me. Only Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Boring Skirmish Anyway...Again Options
captaingig
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:05:42 PM
Groups: Member

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/114837/boring-skirmish-anyway---2-0

Ramped up my Aces for SnV. What you think? Still needs Luke? And what about the CE? Does Han in STA get the CE in addition to his own? I'm too busy right now to look through the rules forum.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:16:04 PM

Giving Han STA accurate is bad-ass, and I'm pretty sure Han STA gets the stable footing CE in addition to his own.

IMO Luke is really good against Bastila, where your movement options get cut down, but he's not so necessary otherwise. And you're probably going to lose against an OR shooty squad anyway, especially on an open map.

So it's cool - I like it!
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:19:45 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TheHutts wrote:
Giving Han STA accurate is bad-ass, and I'm pretty sure Han STA gets the stable footing CE in addition to his own.

IMO Luke is really good against Bastila, where your movement options get cut down, but he's not so necessary otherwise. And you're probably going to lose against an OR shooty squad anyway, especially on an open map.

So it's cool - I like it!

I like Charging Aces in pretty much any version and I think this is a good one for the exact reasons TheHutts said. Han with accurate or a damage/attack boost is great, and giving everyone charging fire and stable footing is awesome.
captaingig
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:25:34 PM

I had so much fun with this squad in Kokomo (although it got slaughtered because of my play style then and the fact I had Rendar in there. Luke would have served me far better, or just more aces) and in the WNY regional. Open maps do present an awful problem. Cloaked is another issue I can foresee, which is the exact problem I had against the Mando Scouts.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 1:29:51 PM

captaingig wrote:
I had so much fun with this squad in Kokomo (although it got slaughtered because of my play style then and the fact I had Rendar in there. Luke would have served me far better, or just more aces) and in the WNY regional. Open maps do present an awful problem. Cloaked is another issue I can foresee, which is the exact problem I had against the Mando Scouts.

I actually think Cloaked isn't too much of a problem - the Red Squadron Aces are pretty much melee pieces since they can't do much damage from range, and they should be able to take a Scout fine if they can get to it. I guess it's not so cool if there are cloaked pieces with death shot or self-destruct.

It would be good to squeeze Juno in, but you can only really do so by dropping an Ace.
captaingig
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 2:12:00 PM

Yes, I had assistance on this squad by DarphNader. Juno was a drop. Pained me to do so. But I think it's the right call.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 2:28:15 PM

captaingig wrote:
Yes, I had assistance on this squad by DarphNader. Juno was a drop. Pained me to do so. But I think it's the right call.

I wonder if Juno's worth it over Dodonna. It's a bit of a meta-call on what you think you'll be facing, I guess. But you're not relying on a big opportunist shooter or anything, so Dodonna isn't quite as essential as he is in some builds.
captaingig
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 2:46:06 PM

You make a good point. This squad's design is to get the pain train howling down the track. Against the Naboo, poggles, and such, I'm going to have all sorts of trouble anyway, which is why Han's there and the Aces have Evade. Dodonna gets shut down by Bastila as well.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 3:11:01 PM

I think it's all debatable about works best - I'm sure there are games where Dodonna would be super crucial too. It's nice that there are a few different options for it - I guess partly because the Rebels are super strong at cheap tech options. Do you have a preferred map?
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 3:45:41 PM

Against the OR, it's almost a certain auto-loss but HanTrooper is still a beast all on his own. Plus the CE adds the cherry on top for the RSA's. We'll give this one a try on Jabba's methinks, eh Steven?
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, February 4, 2013 4:51:32 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/125521/second-chance-aces

Ran this on Sunday night in our Save11 Vassal Regional League. Small difference to your squad in that I chose Lobot and just had the straight HanSTA. Played a Lord Vader/Arica swap and very quickly got rid of the pair... only problem being I overextended Lobot to open a door to finish off Vader and lost him. I got shut out and the MTB I brought in to negate Thrawno (which was uber!) killed me off. If I had been a touch more patient and protected Lobot better, it'd been awesome.

Accurate Han would have done really nice thought... woulda destroyed his filler easy as. I thought about Juno but decided that I'd use Salacious as a cheaper alternative (and had the option of bringing in Figrin if I needed more Distraction).
captaingig
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:40:27 PM

It's gotta be Cargo Docks, @TheHutts. They are super mobile on that map and it's much easier to move them up into position now with Han's CE. Either side sets up just fine for me. WHOO WOOOO! The Pain Train's a-comin! Me no rikey Disruptive, though.