Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

WI Regional Saturday, June 29 Options
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 11:37:17 AM
Groups: Member

AndyHatton wrote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=10453

Last post has most up to date floor rules

One thing I didn't see mentioned in here was printed cards. A lot of my cards are actually photocopies, as I was in a card accident a few years back and all of my cards got wet and were spread over the road. My friend was kind enough to photocopy a lot of his cards for me.

Am I allowed to use photocopied card?
Galactic Funk
Posted: Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:39:52 PM

Darth_Reignir wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

One thing I didn't see mentioned in here was printed cards. A lot of my cards are actually photocopies, as I was in a card accident a few years back and all of my cards got wet and were spread over the road. My friend was kind enough to photocopy a lot of his cards for me.

Tim (Chargers) probably needs to make the call since he is the tournament organizer. Just out of curiosity though do you have the corresponding WotC sculpts or would you be using proxies?
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 12:07:13 AM

I would vote to let someone play with photocopied cards. We want people to play, not get hung up on a technicality.

It is ultimately Tim's (chargers) call.

I will say this - I have all the cards and minis, and if you PM me your squad by Monday, I will bring the cards/minis you need.
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 5:13:43 AM

Galactic Funk wrote:
Darth_Reignir wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

Tim (Chargers) probably needs to make the call since he is the tournament organizer. Just out of curiosity though do you have the corresponding WotC sculpts or would you be using proxies?

Yes, I have the actual pieces. back in the day, I used to keep all my stuff in a shoebox, and my cards bound together with rubber bands. It was raining during my car accident, so everything in my trunk - mini's box included, got wet. The pieces were fine, but the cards and maps were ruined. It's been a few years, so I've been able to phase out a lot of the photocopied cards, but there still a few here and there.
Galactic Funk
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 11:52:58 PM

I forgot to ask Tim about this tonight. He probably just hasn't seen the post yet. This will be answered soon.
Chargers
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 6:23:56 PM

Darth_Reignir wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

As long as they are unaltered, we are good with copies of cards :-)
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 8:51:54 PM

Hmmm, good point. I'm going to take that line out of the floor rules. It's already allowed for VSET cards so no reason why it shouldn't be for WOTC stuff.
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:48:50 AM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
Hmmm, good point. I'm going to take that line out of the floor rules. It's already allowed for VSET cards so no reason why it shouldn't be for WOTC stuff.

+1 BlooMilk ThumbsUp ThumpUp
i really like that actually. It is a rule that i have been wondering about for a while. I mean for most situations it should not be an issue.
Galactic Funk
Posted: Friday, June 28, 2013 7:05:25 AM

Well we are just over 24 hours away from the start of the WI Regional. If you are on the fence about attending just know that we will have a wide variety of skill levels participating. If you don't have a legal map there will be some extras on hand to borrow (so long as they are treated extra nicely).

We are looking at having a minimum or 4 Swiss rounds but a very good chance of 5 rounds prior to the play-off for the top 4 finishers.

We have a great laid back group that will be there and looking forward to a great day of mini's fun!

Oh and everyone gets a prize!
Darth_Reignir
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:20:17 PM

Well that was fun. Thanks for having us out guys, we had a lot of fun and would like to know when you folks have another tournament.

Oh, and the store was great! I really wish we had someone even half as welcoming as Kryptonite!
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:21:55 PM

^ i agree with Darth i had a fun time today.
harryg
Posted: Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:28:16 PM

I had fun too. Very nice welcoming people at kryptonite. Even if I went 2-3 with my black sun squad, I still had a lot of fun.
Chargers
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:53:29 AM

19 players
13 adults and 6 minors
10 WI, 2 MN, and 7 IL

We left the store at 11pm which made a long day. But it was SWM so it was good.

Standings after 5 rounds of Swiss:

1) Shawn: 13 pts. (5-0) GalacticFunk
2) Mark: 10 pts. (4-1) PhilNLil
3) Jake: 10 pts. (4-1) sthlrd2
4) Trevor: 9 pts. (3-2) ObiKenobi1
5) Geoff: 9 pts. (3-2) ducard
6) Tim B: 9 pts. (3-2) TimmerB
7) Logan 1: 9 pts. (3-2)
8) Owen: 9 pts. (3-2)
9) Dominik: 9 pts. (3-2) CorranHornsux123
10) Tim A: 8 pts. (3-2) Chargers
11) Dan: 6 pts. (2-3) PrestigeWorldwide
12) Kyle: 6 pts. (2-3)
13) Dylan: 5 pts. (2-3) Darth_Reignir
14) Leif: 5 pts. (2-3)
15) Logan 2: 5 pts. (2-3)
16) Taylor: 5 pts. (2-3) SpacemanSpiff
17) Harry and Joey: 4 pts. (2-3) JediCaeser / harryg
18) Lydia: 3 pts. (1-4)
19) Tristan: 3 pts. (1-4)

Sorry, I didn't catch other screennames. I'll edit this post as I get them.

Final standings,
1. Mark
2. Trevor
3. Shawn
4. Jake

Congratulations to SWMiniverse's Mark on taking a close win and bring the championship back to WI.

Geoff was Headhunter (Mark and Geoff tied but the trophy went to Geoff)
Taylor was Sportsmanship
Chargers
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 3:54:08 AM

Mark
You Bet Your Assassin!
Jabba's Palace

Cad, BH
Aurra, Assassin
Morrigan,
BX Sniper
BX Spotter
filler

Trevor
A Caedus of Immortality
Cantina

Caedus, Sith Lord
Zannah
Bandon
Exar, Dark Force Spirit
Vergere
Lobot

Shawn
Gerry's DD NPE
Ravaged Base

Mon Mothma
Yularen
Panaka
Amidala
R2, doombot
18 Naboo Troopers
filler

Jake
Stealth-n-Gouls (and Wuher too)
Rancor Pit

Celeste
Thrawn
Arica
Pallaeon
filler

Geoff
Ducard
Nightclub

Mace, LotLS
Master Yoda
Zam, BH
Jar Jar
filler

Tim Ballard
Carth Cannon
Command Deck

Atton "Jaq"
Bastilla, JM
Carth
filler

Logan 1
Ankle Biters
Peaceful City

Han in Trooper Armor
Ayy Vida
Ithorian Commander
16 others

Owen
Tomato Tamahto Commando Commahndo
Nightclub

Weir
Veers
Calixte
4 Storm Commandos
Thrawn
filler

Dominik
Corran Horn Sux
Cantina

Boba, Merc Comm
Morrigan
Jango, Assassin
Kelborn
filler

Tim A
Darth Jim's Barney and Friends
Grand Plaza

Desann
Nightsister Mother
Morrigan
Thrawn
filler

Dan
Prestige Worldwide
Cantina

Obi, Jedi Gen
Boba, BH
Qui-Gon, Spirit
filler

Kyle
Vong
Cantina

Warmaster Tsavong Lah
4-LOM, Merc
2 YV Ossus Guardians
filler

Dylan
The Hunt for Senator Amidala
Royal City Plaza

Count Dooku, Sep Leader
Cad, BH
Hondo
Aurra, Assassin
filler

Leif
Commando
Cliffside Citadel

3 Sevs
Torch
Fixer
Atin
Bacara
Queen Amidala
filler

Logan 2
There is No Mercy!
Peaceful City

Sidious, Sith Mastermind
Jaba, Crime Lord
5 Klatooinian Assassins
filler

Taylor
Diverging Destiny
Bothan Spynet

Malgus
Ragnos, Dark Force Spirit
Caedus, Sith Lord
Vergere
filler

Harry and Joey (brothers who played as one)
Black Sun
Christophsis

Xizor
Palpatine on Throne
Vader, Legacy
filler

Lydia
Cloak & Dagger
Theed

Jango, Assassin
Kelborn
4 Mando Scouts
filler

Tristan
Squad Name
Grand Plaza

Grievous, Scourge
2 BX Spotters
2 BX Snipers
EG-05 JH Droid
filler
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:46:10 AM

Dan is Prestige Worldwide
Prestige Worldwide
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 1:32:29 PM

No. I am not Dan. I was not at this event. How did it go nonetheless?
philn1i1
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 2:37:16 PM

Thanks to everyone that attended the WI Regional. We also want to thank our local gaming store - Kryptonite Kollectibles. They stayed open WAY past closing so that we could finish the event. Great store run by great people!!

I'm not one to post many play reports, but I'll give it a try:

I was running:
Cad Bane, Bounty Hunter
Aurra Sing, Assassin
Morrigan Corde
BX Commando Droid Spotter x2
Devaronian Assassin
BX Commando Droid Sniper
R7 Astromech x2
Mouse Droid x4

Round One
I played against the brother combo of Harry and Joe. I was able to out door control them, which allowed me to isolate Palpatine. Once I finished him off, I turned my attention towards Vader, using Morrigan and the spotters to hit him hard with no chance of reflecting the damage. 3 point victory

Round Two
I drew TimmerB for the round. This is the first time I've ever faced him. Early on, I was able to use Morrigan to strip evade from Jaq, hitting him hard. This was after he had failed some shield saves. Atton also was hit early and left with very few hit points, effectively taking him out of play for a round. This allowed me to advance through the middle of the map. As time was getting close, Atton went on a suicide run...which ended in suicide. Bastilla moved up in the final rounds, but I couldn't get enough damage on her to secure the full win. 2 point victory

Round Three
Shawn and his 23 activations! On top of that, in the first init, he gets reserves and adds another 4 Naboo Troopers. I had been playing my squad fairly aggressively in the first two rounds, but needed to hold back against his death shot troopers. I positioned my Sniper, Spotters, and Devaronian in spots where they could shoot but thanks to stealth, were too far away to be targeted. In the end, I couldn't keep far enough away as his troopers bum rushed the hallway. His diplomats negated stealth, and with death shots and combining fire, I fell. Time was called with Morrigan and Aurra still limping around the board.

Round Four
I was worried with Dan towing Boba around with R2, so in the second round, I was able to get LOS on R2 with the Sniper and end that concern. Morrigan was able to hit Obi twice and negate his Extra Attack CE. However, immediately following that, we forgot, and Boba took four shots at Morrigan, who was standing next to a Spotter. The first two shots bounced back and hit Boba, the third made it through, and the fourth disintegrated Morrigan. Before the next activation, Dan realized the mistake and sportingly allowed us to "rewind" the game, bringing Morrigan back in and Boba down 40. Near the end, Aurra was able to slip down the hallway, past Obi, and base Boba. With Boba gone and Obi down to only 10 left, the battle didn't last much longer. 3 point victory

Round Five
Trevor brought Caedus, whom I was worried about. Unforunately, I forgot how nasty the combo of Aiing Ti Flow Walking and Sith Battle Manipulation can be. I took a gamble to put Aurra in a position to hit Caedus, with Morrigan safely tucked behind me (or so I thought). Caedus Flow Walks, moves us all around, and suddenly Morrigan is dead! Ultimately, this game came down to a decision for Trevor...Force Illusion an attack and make me roll the save, or count on his Crab Armor (from Vergere) and make the save himself. He chose to roll the save, and failed. Caedus goes down. After that, I was able to take out enough points for the victory. 2 point victory

Semis
I had played Jake in the first round last year, and he was running a Celste squad then also. I learned that it was in my best interest to stay back for as long as possible! In the opening round, however, I was able to Sniper Arica for 50, causing him to play her a little more conservatively. Late in the game, Cad was able to Furious Assault into a position to remove his R7 (last of his door control), Advanced Stormtrooper Scout, and Arica. I then locked Thrawn in a room so that he couldn't swap Celeste anywhere near me. In the end, Aurra took some hits which allowed Cad to fly back into a safe corner and secure the victory by points.

Finals
Facing Trevor again, and this time we are both playing more conservatively! The difference in this game is that I won map, giving me the advantage on tricky LOS and angles. Trevor moved all of his beatsticks (except Bandon) into Gambit, but Caedus was sticking out just enough for Morrigan and a Sniper to put some serious hurt on him. After a quick heal from Vergere, we found ourselves in a similar situation, with Caedus Manipulating my squad. Morrigan was again the target, but Aurra also fell to his Zannah. At this point, late in the game, I went for broke. Cad furious assaulted to be in base contact with Zannah, Caedus, and two of his fodder. With the help of the spotters, I took out Caedus. During the assault, Cad missed his Mouse Droid TWICE...which ended up being a saving grace. I was able to Hostage Shield the Mouse to avoid damage from Zannah. Zannah fell in the next round to another Furious Assault. Time was called with Vergere running to safety...trying to draw an AoO from Cad so that she could Force Spirit Bandon. Bandon missed on his final attack, with no Force left to spend and time was called!

My notes may be fuzzy on some of these games...I've never documented my playing before. So...if any of my opponents want to add or clarify, please do.

It was great hosting the regional again this year. See everyone next year!!
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:04:57 PM

So Shawn, what happened? You go 5-0 with my build and no victory? I feel like a parent who just saw their kid lose the national spelling bee, country of origin please.... LOL!

Hey way to to go on making the top four, I absolutely loved playing this last year in the Champs at GC. Its great to see it still do well against the current meta and I'm interested to understand what happened against the Caedus build in the semis, as you obviously had activation in your favor.

Who got the bye rounds, just curious.

Looking forward to OH in a few weeks!
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 5:04:12 PM

I got a by and Dylan got a buy im not sure on who else
philn1i1
Posted: Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:30:28 PM

Lydia, Tristan, and Taylor also had byes I believe.