RegisterDonateLogin

Crit to hit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bloomilk references elsewhere on the webs? Options
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 10:15:17 PM
Groups: Member

Howdy all!
As time flies by, I wonder if there are any coincidences or references to bloomilk emerging near you in the real world. Be sure to post in with any sightings, such as t-shirts, flashmobs etc BigGrin

My icebreaker to start us off, a random browse on DA turned up this:

The spelling is a little off, though hows that for a coincidental poster? The best news? They want to turn it into a poster or t-shirt or something.

I also saw a random game of people playing with a starter set at a park in the local metropolis; they seemed to be just learning the rules and I couldnt help but go over and introduce myself to them (it was a little like a SWM-Zombie: "NEW PLAYERS!!!!" instead of "BRAINS!")

I hope I didnt scare them off... made me wish there was a business card or something to hand them instead of manually writing out the URL for Bloomilkistan on a napkin BigGrin

All of this really reminded me of all the cool things ive seen over the years of SWM playing.
I also recall our NZ gamer friends hold the record (thus far) for "game of SWMinis played at highest elevation above sea level". I wonder where else the game has been played? Has it been played underwater, on Mt Everest? near active volcanos and so on... Approaching it differently, how many continents/countries has the game been played in?

Come to think of it, how did the game get to all those places? Were games of SWM ever played on planes? Trains? Automobiles? (I dont recommend that last one, especially while driving BigGrin ).
The ultimate - has anyone played or heard of/seen a game of SWM in space? (Im thinking Virgin Galactic could make this a reality soonish).

Fairly safe to presume it hasn't yet happened Crying , does anyone know if any of the pieces have been shot into outerspace, or used in weird purposes (outside of being a placemarker for a boardgame or as a form of currency)?
I recall seeing some figures used as cufflinks, a snowglobe, drawer handles, a screwdriver handle, and as set dressings in Robot Chicken's star wars.

To the best of our collective knowledge, has anyone actually played a game of SWM at the factory where all our pieces were made?

And to end on a high note; carrying on from several threads Ive seen floating around here and WotC threads over the years,
What are some of the weird ways that SWMs have been destroyed?

Can't wait to see what places the game turns up at!
Kobayashimaru
Darthbane53
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 4:44:47 AM

In the star wars book im writing I named one of the charactrers Pesta Bloo BlooMilk
corranhorn
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:59:32 AM

Darthbane53 wrote:
In the star wars book im writing I named one of the charactrers Pesta Bloo BlooMilk

She better be a real badmutha. Glare
pegolego
Posted: Thursday, February 28, 2013 12:48:46 PM

^LOL, I agree. Oh, and I also would assume She (If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance for offending you DB53).
corranhorn
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 12:52:38 PM

pegolego wrote:
^LOL, I agree. Oh, and I also would assume She (If I'm wrong, I apologize in advance for offending you DB53).

Yeah, I missed her first name on my first readthrough. Thought it might be a brother etc. Fixed.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Saturday, March 30, 2013 8:26:44 PM

@all,
Look what popped up on the alerts!

Its not directly bloo related, but its long overdue and awesome!

@Darthbane53,
Thats pretty cool; I presume the character drinks a lot of milk? BigGrin
corranhorn
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 5:53:58 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
@all,
Look what popped up on the alerts!

Its not directly bloo related, but its long overdue and awesome!

@Darthbane53,
Thats pretty cool; I presume the character drinks a lot of milk? BigGrin

Those are the minis poses too, but you probably noticed that. BigGrin
R5Don4
Posted: Sunday, March 31, 2013 8:34:38 AM

Not at all actually and quite unfortunately Wotc did not stick to the source material very closely. The illustration above uses poses of the actual props. The Wizards ones aren't that bad, except the Mantllian Savrip, that thing looks very lame.