RegisterDonateLogin

Seems to be made to suffer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Which movie of the "original" six was the best? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Episode I: The Phantom Menace 4 5.479452 %
Episode II: Attack of The Clones 3 4.109589 %
Episode III: Revenge of The Sith 15 20.547945 %
Episode IV: A New Hope 5 6.849315 %
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 33 45.205479 %
Episode VI: Return Of the Jedi 13 17.808219 %

May 2009 Rock the Vote (Movie v Movie) Options
Gerudo_Girl5109
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 4:29:15 AM
Groups: Member

Actually, I think Revenge of the Sith is Lucas' best work by far.Drool
RannKonnar
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 4:37:02 AM

REVENGE O DA SITH IS DA BEST!!!!!!!!
vanlanning
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:27:38 AM

I voted for return of the jedi, because it has the ewoks. Yub Yub!
Uggie Demo
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:32:46 AM

RannKonnar wrote:
REVENGE O DA SITH IS DA BEST!!!!!!!!

I stunk ok, It had really bad acting, and yes the fight between ani & obi was cool, but hayden christain/portman/Mcgrager, over weigh the cool fight sences.
kenred2
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:35:10 AM

Nothing beats good classic SW movies, especially when its remastered special edition. I choose Empire Strike Back because the scenes are spectacular. It's the part where SW became so intriguing, the snowspeeder battles, luke vader confrontation (both while with Yoda and dueling with Vader and realizes *eh-hem). That's what makes Star Wars engaging, because it captures the suspense.... Empire Strike Back is what I believe, to be better of all Star Wars movies combined
amsnow
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 5:50:43 AM

my vote is for phantom menace, (its not gettin much love) in my opinion it has the best lightsaber duel ever. it was the first duel to include more than two people, first duel with a double bladed saber, and to me the acrobatics were excellent with ray park doin all the stunts. i think had episode 1 had a better space battle it would get some more votes. i could have done without jar-jar but the gungan battle was also pretty cool
theshadowreaper
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 10:44:07 AM

Its Return of the Jedi. Han can't see and knocks Boba into the Sarlacc, Leia in captive outfit, Luke takes out a Rancor, Jabba, and all Jabba's crew almost single-handedly, Ewoks, Obi-Spirit, Emperor gets taken out, and Vader turns back to the light side.
Gerudo_Girl5109
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 10:47:18 AM

The MAIN reason episode 3 is only great because of Hayden Christensen!!Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Wub Wub Wub
mercenary_moose
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2009 12:59:01 PM

amsnow wrote:
my vote is for phantom menace, (its not gettin much love) in my opinion it has the best lightsaber duel ever. it was the first duel to include more than two people, first duel with a double bladed saber, and to me the acrobatics were excellent with ray park doin all the stunts. i think had episode 1 had a better space battle it would get some more votes. i could have done without jar-jar but the gungan battle was also pretty cool

Whaddya mean that Episode 1 was the greatest Star Wars movie?!?! That show was a PIECE O' CRAP!!! Horrible film, at least until the epic battles at the end. But all of the movies had those.
awesome
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2009 1:05:20 PM

Gerudo_Girl5109 wrote:
The MAIN reason episode 3 is only great because of Hayden Christensen!!Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Love Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Drool Wub Wub Wub

who is that?
mercenary_moose
Posted: Sunday, May 3, 2009 1:05:46 PM

He plays Anakin.
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:20:43 PM

It looks like Empire Strikes Back will be taking this one away this month...

Bumped.

-RevRevGar
mercenary_moose
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:30:59 PM

ThumbsUp Woohoo! Episode 5 wins!

Bum, bum ba bum, bum ba bummm.... da da dum, da da, de da ta da da, bum, bum, ba bum, ba, ba bummm......

(It's supposed to be the Imperial March)
RevRevGar
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:35:43 PM

Well there is still almost a full month of voting to go, just saying that with the current ratios it will be quite the battle to win against Episode V.

-RevRevGar
Darth Zikon
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 5:25:13 AM

Episode II Was in my opinion amazing!!!! there were aot of scenes that i still think are better then any other scene in star wars!! plus it was the first time yoda busted out his lightsaber!! you cant forget about that!!! lol my vote goes to episode IIThumbsUp also Gerudo_Girl5109 gets really mad!!!! my friends let us use a passage from our own star wars book.... as c-3po would say let the wookie win...[BigGrin i too give you this wisdom let Gerudo_Girl5109 win!!!!!
11MB StarWalker
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 7:51:43 AM

The first Star Wars film I saw was Empire. I saw Return of the Jedi after that, not viewing the first film until after seeing Jedi. It is a rather odd order to have seen the original trilogy.

I had an HBO tape of Empire, and probably have watched Empire more than any other film I've ever seen. For a long time, Empire WAS Star Wars for me. As a kid, no matter how many times I saw the film, I always hoped that Luke would miraculously not lose his hand. The costumes from Empire defined the characters for me. It is probably the reason that I like Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues/Outfit) in its various renditions. I wish there was a better mini of Luke from that film:)

My cousin was also a huge Star Wars fan, and it took me years to convince him that Empire was the best (he loved Return of the Jedi, and liked Han Solo, while I preferred Luke Skywalker).

As an adult, I would still rank Empire #1, though I appreciate New Hope much more (I think Episode IV is the best of the Special Edition releases). I still prefer the theatrical release of Empire over the Special Edition. Even after taking Film Studies courses in college, I'd still say Empire is the best "film." But is truly is the best movie of the 6.

--11MBStarWalker
DarthJak
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 9:38:18 AM

vanlanning wrote:
I voted for return of the jedi, because it has the ewoks. Yub Yub!

Cursing the ONLY good thing about ewoks is that they are highly combustibleLOL
coran17
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:30:26 AM

The Empire Strikes Back is the best with the battle of Hoth and the action on Bespin.
Eroschilles
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:45:41 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I liked The Return of the Jedi. Who doesn't like to strangle a Hutt? Boba Fett at least tries to do something before getting pwned by a blind dude (seriously, I think malfunctions with jet packs is hereditary). Luke with a green lightsaber (it was new color at the time in regards to lightsabers) dressed like a ninja/emo kid chopping people up. I still cry when I see Corpsey die because of his sad ewok friend. In my opinion it was an epic duel at the end between Vader and Luke. Episode III's Obi vs. Anakin was a mirror of Jedi's last battle, with a bright lava backdrop instead of the dark space backdrop.
Gemini1179
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2009 10:55:04 AM

Since I saw the OT movies when I was a kid, I'd have to say that Return of the Jedi is my favorite. Loved everything about it as a kid.

Personally, I never took to Empire Strikes Back. As a kid it disappointed me to see a movie where the good guys took it on the chin the whole time.