RegisterDonateLogin

Won't try to frighten you with its sorcerer's ways.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

A Bad Day For Continuity (spoilers!!!!! (a lot)) Options
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 11:56:43 AM
Groups: Member

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Bariss is a traitor! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!Scared Scared Scared The new movies will be terrible if the follow the Clone Wars! Anyway Asoka also leaves the Order good or bad?Unsure
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:00:10 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Please put spoiler warnings in your topic.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:04:14 PM

Whoops Sorry!
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 12:19:34 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

From what I've read, this is hardly a major change. Unlike Even Piell, or even Maul, there is some wiggle room between Bariss's two books and this episode. The only real issue is her one panel death in the comic. I think I will take the show's take and potential future with Bariss over that death.

And besides, this episode was AMAZING. Best episode of the show ever. They played Ahsoka's leaving perfectly. This story was so much better than many of the recent SW novels, it's not even funny. Continuity be blasteded, give me good stories like this.

And really, what are the chances that the Clone Wars will have any effect on movies set 30 years after ROTJ. I mean, come on. Now, the spin offs have the potential to either follow or not, but I think we are a bit aways from those and any that might involve Clone Wars stuff.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:31:43 PM

Sithborg wrote:
From what I've read, this is hardly a major change. Unlike Even Piell, or even Maul, there is some wiggle room between Bariss's two books and this episode. The only real issue is her one panel death in the comic. I think I will take the show's take and potential future with Bariss over that death.

And besides, this episode was AMAZING. Best episode of the show ever. They played Ahsoka's leaving perfectly. This story was so much better than many of the recent SW novels, it's not even funny. Continuity be blasteded, give me good stories like this.

And really, what are the chances that the Clone Wars will have any effect on movies set 30 years after ROTJ. I mean, come on. Now, the spin offs have the potential to either follow or not, but I think we are a bit aways from those and any that might involve Clone Wars stuff.

All true. But I just didn't think it was in her character. I guess they could say that MedStar was before this. But, as for the movies I think they are 50 years after because that's after FOTJ.
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:46:04 PM

I'm with Sithborg, this and the last episode were my two favorites of the series so far (I haven't seen all of them granted, but I'm working on it.) I think that this could have been any Jedi, but it needed to be someone we were familiar with to be as effective. And someone young and close to Ashoka makes it work even better. The idea of a radical within the Jedi Order who is pointing out how they have fallen helps further the idea that the Jedi are growing rather unpopular and Palpatine's plan is working even better than we see in the movies. I think the show is doing a great job of showing the hypocrisy of the Jedi Order during the Clone Wars.

Also Tim Curry as the new voice of Palpatine? I'm all over that. Ian Abercrombie was amazing and his passing was sad, but I think Tim Curry will do a great job.

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:

But, as for the movies I think they are 50 years after because that's after FOTJ.

I do not believe anything like that has been announced yet.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 2:51:00 PM

Have you seen the Umbara arc? I think that was really good. In my opinion I think that Umbara is what the Clone Wars should always be, large scale battles and most of all CLONES there weren't many clones in season 5 until this arc. I expect next season to be great!
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 3:36:51 PM

The general consensus has been 30 years after ROTJ, because that is sort of the age of the actors potentially returning.

Star Wars will always have a place for action. But these past three episodes, they've struck some amazing emotional beats. It boggles the mind how we can get arcs like this, and still get arcs like the Droids this season. I think at this point, the Clone Wars has just about reached their ideal of episodes. Just extend the Clone Wars a few years, and we will be enjoying some great Star Wars for a whille.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:27:11 PM

I felt the finale was the best we've seen since the series began, however I rather preferred the Mando arc that preceded the present string. I honestly think we've seen the best writing over the last six episodes and this would lead me to believe that next season will be the last as many loose ends are being tied up. I loved Ahsoka's departure as it does indeed illustrate the holy than thou Jeedai hypocrisy, especially Windu's at the end.

Wouldn't an old "Marvel Team-up" with Ahsoka and Asajj be so much fun eh?
den25
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 5:32:44 PM

As yesterday's episode ended I was almost teary eyed. Excellent story, animation, sound track, emotion, I was very impressed. I'm sad for several reasons, most of which have nothing to do about the storyline. I'm sad that season 5 is over. I'm a little nervous that the episode we saw, could possibly be the end of the series. I doubt that it is, but there was a huge feeling of closure. I know that with Disney purchasing the franchise, that it was the end of SWCW on Cartoon Network. The problem is, Disney hasn't made ANY commitment to season 6 yet. Honestly, I hope there's at least one more season that will bring us nearer the events of Episode III.

As I've watched this series, I can't help but think that there is such a HUGE amount of material that they could do in this animation format. I've been reading the Republic Commando series recently, and there is so much material in there it isn't even funny. Star Wars Republic Commando Animated Series would be very cool to see. But you could also plug in so much of the EU in there, they could have many different eras to work from. To me, this is such a huge cash cow... I say Disney, get to it!

Was I sad to see Asoka go, absolutely. Did I expect her to die? Yes. Am I disappointed she didn't? No. I don't think all main characters in the SW universe need to die in order to move on without them. It just paves the way for us to potentially see her again, and with Asoka, I think that's a good thing.

Sithborg - I agree. The emotion of these episodes was amazing. The Droids arc was drawn out in my opinion too. It should have been a 2 episode arc at best. The one thing good about it though, I let my 2 and a half year old son watch one of the episodes, 'A Sunny Day in the Void', and while I found it a little tiring to watch, he was mesmerized by the droids. I don't let him watch any SW since I think he's too little and I want to avoid the tendency to shove it on him since I love it all so much, but that episode was innocent enough for me to let him get his first taste of the SW universe and he liked it. Anyway, to me the best 2 minutes of the Droids story arc is when Gregor donned his Republic Commando gear and started kicking @ss and taking names. I even got a little verklempt at his nobile sacrifice at the end, and got some of the very same emotion that you mentioned from the Asoka story arc.

I love SWCW. Yea some eposides aren't the best, but so many of them are really good. And then we get episodes like the last 7 (Asoka and Maul story arcs) which blow me away and I can't help but think that we should be watching SWCW or some other SW story line in this animated format for years to come. At least I hope so!

Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:24:03 PM

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! What happened to the Clovis story arc that was supposed to happen! With Embo chasing Anakin, Padme, and Clovis on his hat like a snowboard! Am I the only one that saw that clip!
den25
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:38:44 PM

Quote:
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa! What happened to the Clovis story arc that was supposed to happen! With Embo chasing Anakin, Padme, and Clovis on his hat like a snowboard! Am I the only one that saw that clip!

They shortened Season 5 by 2 episodes. They aired 20 instead of 22. It's because of the Disney purchase. Supposedly it will be in season 6. IF there is a season 6.

Let's hope there is.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:42:41 PM

Season 6 is practically in the bag by now. Disney would be stupid not to have it air. I doubt they want one of their subsidiaries to take that big of a loss. The big question is Season 7. I would not be surprised to hear about a new project this summer or fall about a new show to premiere along with or leading up to Episode 7.

Then there is the question of where Detours falls into this.
pegolego
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 6:53:17 PM

Anyway Asoka also leaves the Order good or bad?

Good, definitely! I did notta like her! ThumbsUp . Not that I really watch the show anyway...
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 7:05:35 PM

pegolego wrote:

Good, definitely! I did notta like her! ThumbsUp . Not that I really watch the show anyway...

If you don't watch it how do you know you don't like her?
pegolego
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 7:20:40 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
pegolego wrote:

If you don't watch it how do you know you don't like her?

Well, cause I have WATCHED the show (including one of these mercenary-ahsoka arc episodes or whatever; the family had it on), have read about her (and seen other things with her), and have heard others opinions of her (most call Jar Jar a merciful break from her).
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, March 3, 2013 7:27:43 PM

Having started watching the show much later than most other people I remember hearing people complain about her. I don't really see what how she is annoying. I find Anakin much more annoying in the show as a show-off, know it all, hypocrite.
den25
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 6:10:43 AM

Quote:
Season 6 is practically in the bag by now. Disney would be stupid not to have it air. I doubt they want one of their subsidiaries to take that big of a loss.

I completely agree with you. I just get a little paranoid sometimes.... lol.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 7:47:32 AM

I haven't been keeping up, and sadly did not have the DVR retention set very high.

I watched the last 3 episodes last night. Really enjoyable. I want more, but have plenty to catch up on for now.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 10:08:25 AM

At the very least, those Temple Guards need to be made into figures...