RegisterDonateLogin

Expresses its true feelings for you in the South Passage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

How LucasArts has screwed itself Options
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 7:02:51 PM
Groups: Member

can one of the moderators move this to off topic please!!!

I know I am angry with LucasArts. Now before anyone gets defensive, I'm talking about recently. Here are some of the reasons I am angry.

1:The season end of Star Wars Season 5: Anyone who watched will agree with me, they screwed up big time at the end of a season. Not going into detail to avoid spoilers, but anyone who hasn't watched go and watch it, you'll know what I mean

2:Star Wars Kinect: I'm not going to bother worrying about spoilers on this one because the story was that terrible. I didnt even really understand it. No explanation and it didn't really got in the Star Wars Universe. The controls were the worst in LucasArts history, an overall a huge embarassment to the Star Wars Franchise

3:Cancelling Battlefront 3: Man, what the heck do you think this will accomplish. Even if the company was doing something wrong, have someone else or do it or make it yourself. This has been requested ever since
gwek
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 7:28:50 PM

I have no opinion on #2 or #3, but, respectfully, I could not disagree with you more on #1. The Season Five finale is a logical culmination of so much that has come before and also re-frames some of Anakin's actions in Episode III in a way that makes much more sense. Wherever the show goes from here, it provided some missing pieces to the greater Star Wars puzzle, and did so in a way that was emotionally satisfying and visually stunning.

To each his own.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 7:39:26 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Lucasarts and Lucasfilm are two seperate entities. Especially since one is actually producing content (Lucasfilm) and the other just shops out projects (Lucasarts).

1. Yeah, dead wrong. The continuity is not that off and easily workable. If you let the minor inconsistancies ruin the best episode of the series, and one of the best Star Wars stories made, than it is your loss. As it is, I have already made my piece with EU destruction, and ramping up excitement for Episode VII.

2. Unsurprising, as it was obviously a quick cash in on the new hotness.

3. By doing wrong, you mean the company going out of business? I think if Aliens: Colonel Marines shows us anything, it is better to kill a project than to force it to completion. I'm pretty certain any developer would be hesitant to take up the project, giving the time and effort to complete a project no thier own, either starting from the ground up or trying to work with what was already made, tough with the original team scattered to the winds. To be frank, Timesplitters was the bigger loss here.
Captain Typo
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 8:00:05 PM

Spoilers
1. I feel it was better than killing the character off.
-Also provided storyline how the war changed many things and attitudes.
-It additionally showed how Big Papa Papatine was working ALL the angles, and multiple people (Barriss), not just a teen from Tatooine.
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 8:11:45 PM

3:For battlefront 3, they know there is support, and they know that people are still requesting it to this day, even on Smosh Games. Battlefront 2 copies are still selling and selling out... 8 years later. Demand has been growing. They haven't done well recently, so why not play it safe with a hugely fan requested game.

2:It is an embarrassment to the Star Wars franchise. If it was for the money, then where is this money going towards

1:This ending tears apart the republic and it's fans. Maybe I'm overexagerating about this particular incident, but overall it took away from Ashoka, and makes fans angry. Regardless of their intentions, it puts you against the entire Jedi order and I will never look at them the same way again. Maul is still out there, but they still blamed it on Ashoka

4:The Force Unleashed 2: The first one was amazing. The 2nd was very questionable. The story has no real rising action or climax. It did not live up to expectations after such a good first game. The game was not worth the $60 many people paid for it. If this was another moneymaker, then where is the result?

5: I DO NOT THINK THIS IS THEIR FAULT, but minis was ended at some point

6:The Star Wars the Clone Wars seasons have been shorter

More to come later
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 8:14:16 PM

I also think the new episode was kind of a teaser for Star Wars 1313
gwek
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 8:53:54 PM

While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I think you're dramatically exaggerating the idea that "fans" were upset by the season finale. Almost everyone I know who has commented on it (personally or in forums) thought it was either good or great. Honestly, I can't remember the last time I saw such a consistently positive response to an episode or arc centered around Ahsoka.

"Tears apart the Republic"? Really? Isn't that exactly what the Clones Wars is about -- the destruction of the Republic? This was yet another step on the inevitable march toward the day that liberty dies to thunderous applause.
knappskirata
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 9:18:55 PM

Yeah, I am overexagerating, but hey, I'm just anxious for what is to come
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, March 4, 2013 10:18:40 PM

1. Yeah, the Council took a big hit over this arc. If only there was a story that was enhanced by a character having more reasons to distrust the Council, than being selfish over a mere title. The loss of a loved one, even if it is merely leaving, because you couldn't do enough, could push you do cross lines to save other loved ones.

Personally, I'm fine if Anakin and Ahsoka never meet up again. Anakin's fall is nearly set up perfectly. Vader and Ahsoka, however...

2. Not all games are going to be good. The Move doesn't seem like a good platform for a SW game.

3. Again, don't push out projects just to make it. Would you rather have a bad Battlefront 3 made or be content with Battlefront 2? Demand may be there. But the company that was making it went out of business. And obviously, no one felt it was financially wise to try to either finish it or start from scratch. Heck, there are plenty of series that many would want to see continue, like X-wing or Rogue Squadron.

4. And that does tie into your number 4. The demand was there for TFU II. Look what happened. Honestly, it's frustrating because there is the skeleton of a great game in there. I loved the tweaks they made to how it played (granted, I played the Wii versions). But it was obvious it was rushed. Too short and lack of enemy variety.

6. I think it has more to do with the switch to 4 part arcs. Some it fits, others it doesn't. But the bottom line is, it makes it easier to sell the episodes in smaller doses. Not everyone gets the full season dvds.
empirejeff
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 12:56:59 AM

Did the show move to 9 a.m.?
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, March 5, 2013 6:17:03 AM

Yep.