RegisterDonateLogin

Does not grant you the rank of Master.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GI JOE, Can someone explain (Spoilers inside) Options
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 2:12:26 PM
Groups: Member

I recently watched the new GI Joe film and there is one thing that's been bugging me. In the film after all the joes have been killed except Roadblock, Lady J and Flint, Lady J turns to Roadblock and says "your our leader now". Ok this at the time seemed Ok as Roadblock was a Sargent Major. However later on in the film a cobra agent brings up Lady J details on a computer which clearly shows Lady J's rank as a 1st Lieutenant which outranks a Sargent Major so would she have put Roadblock in charge? as the highest ranking officer still alive why wouldn't she taken command? well until they team up with the Ex General Joe Colten.
Can anyone explain to me why she put Roadblock in charge when she is the ranking officer?
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:37:42 PM

Honestly it's extremely unlikely that that's anything but a case of imperfect proofing.
dreadtech
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 3:59:19 PM

corranhorn wrote:
Honestly it's extremely unlikely that that's anything but a case of imperfect proofing.

Not sure it is, as they get her rank correct on her uniform. Plus she is clearly promoted to Captain at the end of the film.
gwek
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2013 4:14:13 PM

It's my understanding that one of the reasons the movie was delayed for so long was that they shot additional footage with Channing Tatum. If you watch the movie with an eye for that, it seems to me that in the original "pre-Magic Mike" cut, Roadblock was ALWAYS the leader. For example, on the plane, Roadblock both gives an inspirational speech and takes the lead. Duke's primary contribution? A talking head where he says "Okay, Roadblock, give us an inspirational speech and take the lead!" Not also the number of times where we see ONLY Channing Tatum in frame, or see him with the backs of heads of other characters...

Point is, I wouldn't be surprised if in the original cut, Roadblock's rank is higher, and he outranks Lady Jaye, but duiring the edit, that minor slip-up got missed.