RegisterDonateLogin

Caution: May bring balance to the Force.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Most Useful Mini Options
IG-108
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 3:05:55 AM
Groups: Member

What, in your opinion, is the most useful mini in the game? This is not a question of what's the most powerful mini. Think: "What mini could I not do without?", "What mini do I use a lot?", and "What mini is used in a lot of/good squads?"
Statistically, I think it was shown that the Ugnaught Demolitionist was the most useful piece in the game.
Lorsai
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 3:51:48 AM

I think that's why the "Character Usage" link was made for (recently added by shinja). UG is 1st, Mouse is 2nd and Mas is 3rd.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 1:18:19 PM

Absolutely can't live without Mas Amedda or Nym.
kezzamachine
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 3:31:45 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Dodonna. Find it pretty hard to lose wi' Dodonna.
dalibins
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 3:43:17 PM

I think any faction pure character is out of the running and even the ones with affinity. Uggie has to be up there.
sharron
Posted: Monday, May 4, 2009 4:37:09 PM

uggie demos man!!!!!!!!!!!
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 12:25:34 AM

Mas' use is pretty obvious: Booming Voice. Until the MDs came out, there was no other way to extend CEs. He is also a WAY better attacker than an Ug. He's a medium base which means he can be used in pinch to swap with Panaka. For 8pts he's pretty useful.

Mouse Droids (MDs) are amazing for only 3pts. And since they can be only 2pts w/ Gha, they are that much more useful as tempo control, especially in San squads. Add them in a GGDAC squad and they become 24 natural defense, 28 in cover, on a non-unique/non-jedi character. So for 3, or 2, points you get a decent little shield against non accurates. Downside is they can't attack, yet.

Ugnaught Demos. These guys take the cake in my opinion. 3pts and can remove any door from the game. They have been used in almost every squad posted (I think we are almost at 38000 squads now). Sure their defense stinks, but they are THE counters to Override (their main purpose in being created) and also used for tempo control. And it never fails that when you want to move past one, they always, always crit.
RannKonnar
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 1:48:07 AM

1 Uggie 2 Mouse 3 Mando Captian
bagman22
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:15:51 AM

HK-47.

Ona side note, why is Admiral Ozzel such a great piece. I am not seeing anything real great. I like his reserves ability, but unless I read ability wrong, I can only activate one character each turn. I'd rather not take the chance at all.
IG-108
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:23:09 AM

bagman22 wrote:
HK-47.

Ona side note, why is Admiral Ozzel such a great piece. I am not seeing anything real great. I like his reserves ability, but unless I read ability wrong, I can only activate one character each turn. I'd rather not take the chance at all.

Ozzel's a good piece because activating only one person per turn makes it so that your opponent will have all their pieces activated before all of yours are. That gives you extra activations at the end. Same goes for San Hill and Dodonna.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 3:23:18 AM

well 22, it's all about using up the opponent's activations and then getting to use your characters at the end of the round to react to his actions. Sure, the next round after your initial charge you might take a beating, but the point is to make your charge the most effective it can be. And with the new Thrawn giving ALLIES Opportunist, Ozzel just got a decent useage boost.
:)
amsnow
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:23:29 AM

fun fact, bail organa is the most useless mini
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:32:30 AM

amsnow wrote:

Actually, he's just one of the most overcosted minis.

The most useless mini is the Old Republic Recruit who was completely obsoleted by the Old Republic Guard.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 5:38:26 AM

sharron wrote:
uggie demos man!!!!!!!!!!!

oh ya!
dalibins
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:47:41 AM

EmporerDragon wrote:
amsnow wrote:

Actually, he's just one of the most overcosted minis.

The most useless mini is the Old Republic Recruit who was completely obsoleted by the Old Republic Guard.

The old rebel commando is useless now that they made the veteran for the same cost.
shinja
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2009 8:50:50 AM
Groups: Administration

R2-D2, Astromech Droid.
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:22:22 AM

Here's my opinion. And this is only based off of what I use and have.

Republic: Mas Ameda because of the obvious booming Voice ability. Makes those great range 6 commander effects a thing of the past.

Seperatists: General Grievous Droid Army Commander. He single handedly brought the Seperatist faction back into play. Also, the Battle Droid Officer, because and automatic +4 attack with no range limits, isn't effected by disruptive, and at only 9 points is too good to pass up.

Imperial: Thrawn (both new and old) because winning initiative 9-10 times out of ten is amazing. Emperor on Throne comes next because he's a really cheap Force Battery that can't move, but can evade anything you try to throw at him.

Rebel: Dodonna. Hands down. The only tempo control piece that doesn't force you to only activate 1 person. Very useful at 9 points.

Fringe: Mouse Droid because of similar reasons as to why Mas is good for Republic. And the big one is the Ugnaught Demo. Real cheap door control is a must.
Zalkrie
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:26:11 AM

IG-108 wrote:
Here's my opinion. And this is only based off of what I use and have.

Republic: Mas Ameda because of the obvious booming Voice ability. Makes those great range 6 commander effects a thing of the past.

Seperatists: General Grievous Droid Army Commander. He single handedly brought the Seperatist faction back into play. Also, the Battle Droid Officer, because and automatic +4 attack with no range limits, isn't effected by disruptive, and at only 9 points is too good to pass up.

Imperial: Thrawn (both new and old) because winning initiative 9-10 times out of ten is amazing. Emperor on Throne comes next because he's a really cheap Force Battery that can't move, but can evade anything you try to throw at him.

Rebel: Dodonna. Hands down. The only tempo control piece that doesn't force you to only activate 1 person. Very useful at 9 points.

Fringe: Mouse Droid because of similar reasons as to why Mas is good for Republic. And the big one is the Ugnaught Demo. Real cheap door control is a must.

I totally agree with your assessment. I would add R2-D2 astro droid for Republic, obvious reasons, and Yoda of Dagobah for Rebel as a force battery.
dalsiandon
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 8:14:40 AM

I can't argue with the talk for the Uggie, the Mouse droid, or Mas ammeda, but I think R2-Doombot has to be pretty close he makes 90% of the republic Jedi usable.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2009 2:28:24 PM

Republic R2 definantly makes it up there as an extremely useful mini. He's one of Kota's best friends.