RegisterDonateLogin

How wude!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Camaraderie Options
Cordova
Posted: Friday, June 7, 2013 10:26:08 AM
Groups: Member

Probably a dim question, but even reading the glossary confused me. I was playing a game with a new player and he was using Lando with Camaraderie. Does it end when the character granting the camaraderie dies? The glossary says 'If this character is in your squad...' And they were, until he was all lightsabered up...So does that mean it ends? Or the camaraderie bits permanent?
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, June 7, 2013 10:51:12 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Camaraderie lasts even if the character dies, much like Black Sun grenades lasts, even if the Vigo or Xizor are defeated.
Cordova
Posted: Friday, June 7, 2013 10:53:08 AM

Thanks Sithborg, that is what we decided, as it made sense that way...Didn't think of the Black Sun comparison.
Echo24
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2013 7:56:01 PM

Why exactly does it work that way? Black Sun has very specific wording to take care of that situation, but Camaraderie doesn't have that wording. The Bloo Milk Glossary says that Camaraderie says "If this character is in your squad...", which would definitely require the character to not be dead, right?

There is also a strong argument I think that designer intent is for this to not persist through death, but that's based on some comments made by the designer in the design forum, so if that conversation were to happen it would be elsewhere.
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, July 6, 2013 8:37:56 PM

The precedents set by Unique and Black Sun are very clear. The wording for abilities that disappear when the character is killed is also fairly obvious.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2013 10:04:59 AM

Out of curiosity, why do characters retain their abilities through camaraderie and stuff like Life Debt, where they do not retain them through CE. For example Thrawn says allies gain opportunist. What is the difference?

I know that the glossary definition of Commander Effect says "A commander effect ends immediately when the character with the effect is defeated."

I guess what I'm asking here is, does the term "gains" have anything to do with the character retaining the Special Ability.
Sithborg
Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2013 10:50:26 AM

The word "gains" is not important. It is the part about being in the same squad as a character. As Unique, and Black Sun, have proven, the effects last past defeat.
theultrastar
Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2013 11:33:01 AM

Okay, cool. Thanks Sithborg!
kezzamachine
Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2013 7:44:13 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sithborg wrote:
The word "gains" is not important. It is the part about being in the same squad as a character. As Unique, and Black Sun, have proven, the effects last past defeat.

And so this is why Betrayl is overridden when the piece with Betrayl dies, yes?
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, July 7, 2013 8:48:28 PM

kezzamachine wrote:

And so this is why Betrayal is overridden when the piece with Betrayal dies, yes?

Not really. Betrayal ends when the character is defeated because it's explicitly written so in the glossary definition.