RegisterDonateLogin

Lets the Wookiee win.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : What do you use Mini Manager for? (if at all)
Choice Votes Statistics
Use it for collection tracking 2 6.896551 %
Use it for squad building 1 3.448275 %
Use it for collection tracking AND squad building 2 6.896551 %
Use it to look up stats & abilities 0 0.000000 %
Use it to create my own customs 0 0.000000 %
Use it for all the above 8 27.586206 %
DON'T use it, and not likely to in the future 12 41.379310 %
OTHER: combos not listed above etc; comment please 4 13.793103 %

Star Wars Mini Manager: what do you use it for? Options
Captain Typo
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 11:32:01 AM
Groups: Member

I use it (and Bloomilk) to look up stuff.

I really like Mini Manager for sorting QUICKLY by:
-VR, R, UC, C
-point cost (weather fringe only, faction, set, or everything. Mini Manager does that SO much faster than BlooMilk, and shows it on ONE page. Also, if I don't have access to the internet at the place where I am the laptop comes through for me.)
-force points
-damage (i.e. what was that one piece that did 30 damage again......?)
-base size

When I build a squad in Mini Manager, I always set it to 5000points so that I can add other things (reserves, Droids 30 list, the opponent's squad, or 3 other players’ squads if playing 4 player on vassal).

BlooMilk can search things by some skills, Mini Manager by other skills, I end up use both.

Please don't take Mini Manger away!
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 3:11:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Captain Typo wrote:
Please don't take Mini Manger away!

Don't worry. It's not mine to take away. Smile
Even if life decides that I need to stop updating it at some point, I plan to make sure the information is readily available.

This thread is helping me identify everything that needs to be documented, so people can fix occasional stats errors and other typical issues on their own. Writing it out so it makes sense will be the hard part.

theultrastar
Posted: Friday, June 21, 2013 5:28:25 PM

Minis Manager is awesome, I love the program, I really hope we can find a way to continue with updates. I appreciate all of the work that goes into the program. If people are not aware of the program they need to be, it's awesome. Thank you so much for all of the hard work that goes into the program.
thereisnotry
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 4:12:09 PM

My primary purpose for SWMM is squad building, although I wish that there was a way to easily put a printout of your squad on your clipboard (as BM allows you to do). For me, the quick and easy squad-building is where it's at.

The second-most important feature (for me) is the quick and easy stat look-up. If my opponent (on Vassal) is using a piece that I'm not familiar with, it is SO handy to find the piece with 2 clicks and a quick mouse-wheel-scroll. I just wish there was a way to have the V-Set pieces included in the Query Builder function...but if that's too much work then it's no big deal.

I do my collection tracking on BM, but really that function isn't too important to me.

I find that I like BM's customs feature just fine.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, June 24, 2013 4:57:27 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

thereisnotry wrote:
I just wish there was a way to have the V-Set pieces included in the Query Builder function...but if that's too much work then it's no big deal.

That right there is the thing that bothers me the most as I use it for looking up stuff more than anything, so I'm going to handle that in the V6 update by including a SWMiniManagerCustoms.ini file with all the v-set stuff in it.

Basically those that use the MM custom builder a lot will have to either stick with the current setup, run a separate copy of the program to have search fully working, or combine their customs file with the v-set stuff.

I agree that Bloo's custom builder is much nicer. I generally only use the MM custom builder to enter the v-set characters (and then tweak a LOT of stuff by hand to correct some things).

I'm aware that some people want to build squads with customs, and we can't do that on Bloo, so I'll be including what is needed to run MM either way.