RegisterDonateLogin

We would be honored, if you would join us for a glass of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

AKRO-CON JULY(*REVISED*) JULY 19 - 21, SUNDAY'S EPIC FOLLOWER PREVIEW Options
den25
Posted: Thursday, July 11, 2013 6:48:54 AM
Groups: Member

For those not aware of the Akro-Con 2013 refer to the link here: (it will take you to page 4, check the update about mid-page):

AKRO-CON 2013

For the Epic 500 battle on Sunday we will be using our own custom Epic characters that have been created by Editor and myself. We call them Epic Followers. The 6 Epic Followers we have ready are the 6 bounty hunters from The Empire Strikes Back: Bossk, Dengar, Zuckuss, 4-LOM, IG-88 and Boba Fett.

We are still determining if everyone that plays in the tourney on Saturday will get a set of these cards, or just the winners.

Here's a teaser for IG-88, Epic Follower:

Cost: 68
Hit Points: ??
Defense: ??
Attack: ??
Damage: 20

SA's:
Droid
Bounty Hunter +??
Termination (+4 attack against living unique enemies)
???
???
???
???
AP Pulse Cannon ?? (special Mod here - the cannon ignores cover)
Epic Follower SA - Spirit of the Ability
Epic Followers are indoctrinated (not requiring constant direction), thus gaining a CE without being limited by range or the continued existence of that commander. This is why the chosen CE becomes an inherent Special Ability.

More teasers to follow...
editor
Posted: Friday, July 12, 2013 7:57:02 AM

Here's a preview for Bossk, Epic Follower, so you can see the card 'quality' -- they're not rinky-dink. ;)

editor
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:44:01 AM

Here's Dengar, Epic Follower:

editor
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:46:03 AM

Here's 4-LOM, Epic Follower:

editor
Posted: Sunday, July 14, 2013 9:48:01 AM

Finally for today, here's Zuckuss, Epic Follower:

editor
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 6:28:56 AM

To aid in squad building, here's the Glossary for the Epic Followers:

(see below for a little help guide)

"So how do I figure out this Epic Follower thing?"

Look at your CE that you're thinking of using, replace ALL the unit's names with "Epic Followers", ignore any restrictions and apply 600 for the range if it's NOT touch.

For example, let's look at Jabba the Hutt, Galactic Crime Boss's CE.

"Allies whose names contain Bounty Hunter or with the Bounty Hunter special ability can attack Unique enemies even if they are not the nearest enemy."

If choosen as your Epic Follower CE, it would become, "Epic Followers can attack Unique enemies even if they are not the nearest enemy."

Break-down as to the why
"Allies" is a name, so it gets replaced with "Epic Followers".
"whose names contain Bounty Hunter or with the Bounty Hunter special ability" is a restriction -- ignore.
You do NOT ignore the rest of the restrictions since that's NOT a restriction to the character, but on the ACTION.

Hope that helps. I realize it's a mind-twist until it sinks in, but it becomes easier. ;)
editor
Posted: Monday, July 15, 2013 6:31:58 AM

Tomorrow, I'll post the remaining 2 Epic Followers: IG-88 & Boba Fett ;)
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, July 16, 2013 3:21:45 PM

This is helpful, thanks. I can think of a fabulous Commander to use in a squad with the EFs, but I'll wait to mention that Commander until after the tournament. :)
editor
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:21:40 AM

Life got in the way again, so here's the last two. ;)

thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:16:15 AM

GMA-Double-Twin...with Disintegration!!! That's a big piece. 4 chances to disintegrate somebody each round is pretty big. I was going to use him as one of my EFs in the tournament, and after seeing this piece I'm more sure of that decision than ever.

I do wonder if Disintegration is too much--it's an NPE to many people. If you want crit effects, there are a number of options: Epic Boba Fett has Critical Wound (target is activated, no save). Another option is to give him Ruthless (no avoiding or mitigating damage on a crit). There's also Flurry.

And I LOVE Vindication! Perfect flavor, after seeing his father get owned by a Republic jedi.

Iggy is great too. Accurate Pulse Cannon is pretty sweet.

Nice job on these cards! I love the art and layout. And the characters themselves look like a pile of fun to play! I can't wait to see the full version of each of these cards!
editor
Posted: Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:50:04 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
I do wonder if Disintegration is too much--it's an NPE to many people.

Simple. Adjust your tourney rules to NOT include the Big D instead of adjusting the pieces themselves.

The 'Bounty Hunter' Epic Followers are basically the 3 or 4 WotC versions rolled into one. Add a flavor SA specific to each one and calculate accordingly.

Yes, Boba is big, but he's also 92 points.

Like everything else that's fan-based -- use what you want, don't use the rest. Smile
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:49:48 AM

So we are just supposed to bring our ENTIRE fringe collection with us? That's 318 figures, not including duplicates of any non-uniques.

Sorting through to pick which ones might be used with figures of half mystery stats is probably even more work.

Can we just use proxies?
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 9:55:06 AM

also - I sure hope IG-88 and 4-Lom have an ability that allow them to receive commander effects, otherwise since they are droids the whole point seems kinda lost
editor
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:00:01 AM

Please either see the Epic Follower Special Ability or the Glossary card; specifically, "...all Epic Followers in your squad gain this chosen CE as a Special Ability."

Therefore bypassing the droid-factor.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:13:26 AM

I'm very confused... but its more than likely that I'll have to push off early on Sunday. Anyhoo... I'll cobble something together in the event I can stick around.
Cassus fett
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:34:19 AM

I'm going to guess zuckuss has Anticpation, Surprise move and Force Sense as those force powers.
TimmerB123
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:38:33 AM

editor wrote:
Please either see the Epic Follower Special Ability or the Glossary card; specifically, "...all Epic Followers in your squad gain this chosen CE as a Special Ability."

Therefore bypassing the droid-factor.

Ah - gotcha.

So that answers the droid question. Still a bit confused.

I am a passenger this trip out, so I'm not sure what time we are headed back - but if we can use proxies for our whole squad I may try and piece something together. If not, I can't see bringing every fringe piece out.
jak
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:02:07 AM

PROXIES ARE FINE.Woot
you borrow pieces too.
I'm bringing every thing, so Lending won't be a problemLove
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, July 18, 2013 11:47:55 AM

Cassus fett wrote:
I'm going to guess zuckuss has Anticpation, Surprise move and Force Sense as those force powers.

From what I can make out (trying to decipher the fuzziness of the text), it seems pretty certain that Zuckuss has both Force Sense and Anticipation...not only do the fuzzed-out words seem to be that size, but these are also FPs that other renditions of Zuck have had, and we've already seen that the Epic Followers are a combination of WotC designs, which further increases the likelihood that he has these two FPs.

But for the other FP, I'm really not sure...it looks like the name has only one word, which would eliminate Surprise Move. Besides, I'm willing to bet that he has Intuition.
editor
Posted: Friday, July 19, 2013 5:23:55 AM

Once you can realize that these are "Epic Followers" and not "Epic Loners", the CE switcheroo becomes easier.

Meaning that EFs do not need constant Commander attention, but for some CE to SA conversions, they may need a teammate (another Epic Follower or more) to make things work.

The example on the Glossary card is Thrawn's swap; where you would need three (3) EF to pull it off; however, you would then be able to do a total of four (4) swaps -- one for Thrawn and one for each EF.

Think of it as a "buddy system", instead of an outright independent boost.

Considering the cost of the EF SA, around 4.5 pts, it's a heck of a deal to have access to unattainable abilities.