RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you stronger, gives you focus...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

A call for help for D&D and Star Wars Minis players Options
bokkendo
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:41:01 PM
Groups: Member

Greetings all,

First of all I have to say this is the best site for squad building and information for Star Wars minis. D&D minis has a problem. The DD shoe box site is riddled with errors and is not updated frequently enough. There are other site helping to fill in the gaps like the deadseasholes card printer. I wan to know if the creators of this site would help create a site like this for D&D miniatures. I know several people at the DDM Guild would be happy to help with data entry or what ever else it would take to make this happen. If any one knows what direction to point me in I would greatly appreciate it. With all the edition changes and card format changes that have happened it would be great to have a top notch resource like Bloo Milk to support that game.
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 7:58:43 PM

Shinja is pretty much the sole person behind Bloomilk. You could PM him but he will probably notice this soon. I have no idea whether he would or would not be up for something like that.

I have heard about what the guild has done for DDM. Simply put...the guild is keeping the game alive. Many many players appreciate the effort and I respect it even though I no longer play.
Gau
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 11:32:19 PM

The mechanics of this site aren't tremendously complex...it's a database or three and some frontend. Any web designer with half a salt would be able to produce something similar. Do you have a database of information ready? Do you want something precisely like bloomilk, or are there elements you would wish to include in addition? Really, having a solid plan is essential; once you've got that, I'm sure several of you could work out the mechanics of a website.
bokkendo
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:02:45 PM

Gau wrote:
The mechanics of this site aren't tremendously complex...it's a database or three and some frontend. Any web designer with half a salt would be able to produce something similar. Do you have a database of information ready? Do you want something precisely like bloomilk, or are there elements you would wish to include in addition? Really, having a solid plan is essential; once you've got that, I'm sure several of you could work out the mechanics of a website.

I would like an site that is exactly like this one. I don't know much about web design. So I guess I'm not going to be much help in that regard. Im just trying to see if there is enough interest amongst SWM players on this site who also play DDM and want a similar resource. I do know some one with access to a database with all the stats and he would be willing to do some data entry.