RegisterDonateLogin

Re-released with special features.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Shaak-Ti, Jedi Master Options
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 5:40:11 AM
Groups: Member

What are some of the stronger squad builds centered around or using Shaak-Ti, Jedi Master? Is she usually used with rebels or republic or are there strong squads to be built with for both?
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:00:39 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I don't know that i've seen her used since TFU was released. I don't know why, she's solid, but I guess she's just a little too pricy by today's game's standards. She lacks offensive support in the rebels.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:44:24 AM

i play her in rebels with the old crix and commandos plus reiken so she has stealth evade and mobile plus she has supper stealth commandos to back her up.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 6:44:38 AM

WotC's latest Han Solo ("Long-Shot Han") pairs well with her. He's not a good piece himself, so it doesn't result in a good squad, but if you want to use him, she's one of the best choices to pair with him.
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:10:31 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
WotC's latest Han Solo ("Long-Shot Han") pairs well with her. He's not a good piece himself, so it doesn't result in a good squad, but if you want to use him, she's one of the best choices to pair with him.

Why do you recommend him over Han RH to go with Shaak-Ti, Jedi Master?
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:13:18 AM

you can also play the new Leia have her get damaged then everyone gains +10 damage.
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:16:09 AM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
you can also play the new Leia have her get damaged then everyone gains +10 damage.

It just seems so counterproductive and odd to have ally characters get damaged on purpose. It's why I never play Long-Shot Han.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:18:25 AM

thats y i play either Evazan or a character tht can deal damage by touch with out targeting so u do the damage and not risk her getting shot by the oppenent
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:19:37 AM

There are ways to purposefully damage your own pieces and then you keep them hidden. It can work well with Jacen Solo bringing in Diplomat Leia. She would take damage (a GONK and a Muun Tactics Broker are a nice combo for that without v-sets.) Jacen gets his protective bonus and enemies have a hard time targeting Diplomat Leia.

V-set Leia is a commando so she has access to lots of things that will keep her safe after the first hit that pumps the rest of the squad.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:27:05 AM

AndyHatton wrote:
There are ways to purposefully damage your own pieces and then you keep them hidden. It can work well with Jacen Solo bringing in Diplomat Leia. She would take damage (a GONK and a Muun Tactics Broker are a nice combo for that without v-sets.) Jacen gets his protective bonus and enemies have a hard time targeting Diplomat Leia.

V-set Leia is a commando so she has access to lots of things that will keep her safe after the first hit that pumps the rest of the squad.

yep i use the Rebel strike leader commando to give her super stealth
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:27:05 AM

darthbinks1 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

I don't. Just saying that if you do want to use General Solo, Shaak-Ti goes well with him.
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:29:03 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
darthbinks1 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

I don't. Just saying that if you do want to use General Solo, Shaak-Ti goes well with him.

It would be nice to use him, I never have.
markedman247
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:38:43 AM

It might be pricey but pairing but the new Cin Drallig might make her tougher than normal.
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:43:35 AM

AndyHatton wrote:

Could you explain a little more about how I can damage Long Shot Han so as to benefit from long shot? I assume I can't target an ally, correct?
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:50:03 AM

There's a few ways to do it. You can waste a few points by using a Tactics Broker and self destruct piece. You can use Dr. Evans and hope to fail the save and damage han. You can use a piece with repulse or some area affect (Momaw is a good choice) to deal damage to him. Han doesn't work as well, because it can take a little to widdle his HP down below 1/2, and typically, he isn't worth the points to run around with only 40 HP for a measly damage boost. Leia just needs to be damaged to deal out the +10 damage, so, it takes one round to get her set up.
darthbinks1
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 7:55:01 AM

I see. Thanks.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 8:01:30 AM

I dont' think it's wise to damage your own piece to try for a Long Shot bonus. You want to take pieces that have enough HP that they are likely to eventually get that Long Shot bonus, which is why Shaak-Ti is a good choice. Long Shot never was a great ability - it's even worse now that there's so much big damage going around. Most competitive squads are able to deal out 100+ damage per phase, so you could easily go from too many HP for Long straight to dead.