RegisterDonateLogin

You want this...don't you?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Episode VII: What plot do you want to see?
Choice Votes Statistics
Thrawn story 3 25.000000 %
Resurrected Sith Empire 0 0.000000 %
Imperial Remnant attack 1 8.333333 %
Corruption of one of the Solo kids to be a Sith 2 16.666666 %
Some Apocalyptic ending (maybe zombies) 0 0.000000 %
Admiral Ackbar shouts: "It's A Trap!" 0 0.000000 %
All the original characters die epicly 0 0.000000 %
Something totally new 6 50.000000 %
A crossover with Star Trek or something else 0 0.000000 %

Episode VII: What plot do you want to see? Options
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 3:44:51 AM
Groups: Member

I think the movie is going to be set in about 30 ABY. Currently, there are is a five year gap in cannon that has nothing in it from the end of the Vong war to the start of the Killik war. That doesn't mean that they will stick to cannon, but it will be easier for them to do. So, this poll deals with what plot points you would like to see in Episode VII. If what you want to see isn't on the list, just post it.
darthbinks1
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 5:12:29 AM

I don't know much about Thrawn or the EU in general, but he seems like a cool character and people who like star wars seem to speak highly about stories that include him.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 5:28:51 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I hope it is post-Fate of the Jedi and they stick to canon. It's the right timeline for the actors' ages, and there's nothing there for them to step on.

I expect that they will mess things up far worse than the "Han Shot First" debacle.
darthbinks1
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 5:33:04 AM

I HATE Han Shot first.
jak
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:49:36 AM

darthbinks1 wrote:
I HATE Han Shot first.

but he didCool
Sithborg
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 8:39:30 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Considering most of the post NJO stuff has been pretty bad, I am fine with them tossing out the EU. LOTF and FOTJ sets up a terrible, terrible status quo for a new movie. Remember, the initial treatment was done by Lucas, who cares little for the EU.
darthbinks1
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 8:40:09 AM

jak wrote:
darthbinks1 wrote:
I HATE Han Shot first.

but he didCool

I didn't say that right. He did shoot first, I hate that they changed it to Greedo shooting first.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 8:54:52 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sithborg wrote:
Considering most of the post NJO stuff has been pretty bad, I am fine with them tossing out the EU. LOTF and FOTJ sets up a terrible, terrible status quo for a new movie. Remember, the initial treatment was done by Lucas, who cares little for the EU.

I read most of FOTJ and liked it. But since we don't really have minis for hardly anything from that era, I guess it wouldn't hurt too much if it all just went away. Minis first. ThumbsUp
Cassus fett
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 9:13:42 AM

I say Thrawn Trilogy, Then for the second set of movies (come on you know there will be) they do the Yuuzhan Vong War
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:47:44 AM

That is one good thing that we will get out of all of this: NEW MINIS!!!!!!!!!!!
Cassus fett
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:50:21 AM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
That is one good thing that we will get out of all of this: NEW MINIS!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT SERIOUSLY THEIR RESTARTING MINIATURE PRODUCTION!!!!!!Love
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 11:28:44 AM

Cassus fett wrote:

Um...Mellow I have no idea!BigGrin But it would be great! I know we will at least get V-sets.
Deathwielded
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:08:32 AM

Cassus fett wrote:

Um...Mellow I have no idea!BigGrin But it would be great! I know we will at least get V-sets.

I doubt they would restart SWM and start producing more official versions. It's nice to dream though *sigh*Wub

I think they will go were no EU has gone before, But please do it in a cannon friendly way! *on my knees begging*Crying You can do pretty much anything you like, but do it either after the Vong war is over or after the FotJ series. Honesty if your looking to use the original cast, Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrier Fisher (the first two are still pretty active in the biz, but I haven't seen anything from Carrie) then right after the FotJ series would match their ages pretty darn well. They don't have to follow the sub plots of the EU (like Jaina Sword of the Jedi, Jag Fel and his Empire, ect) and you don't have to continue with the cannon just don't mess it up irrevocably! Glare

I am almost 100% sure they will not be following any plots from any of the books. (as excellent as many of them are) That's just not J. J. Abrams style, he will probably do something crazy (there are some really crazy ideas I could think of that would be pretty amazing like Anakins resurrection or Rebirth, ectOMG ) I just hope he doesn't mess Star wars up like he messed up Lost (great beginning then it just gets sadThumbDown )
Cassus fett
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:11:51 AM

Cassus fett wrote:

Ahem I would like to apologize for my outburst I took that line out of context...Blushing
Robobob
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:27:09 AM

I like this thread. I too think they should keep canon. I think the New Jedi Order gets big enough that they look to expand into nearby unexplored galaxies... like the Rishi Maze. There they find new planets, New species and maybe even a new threat. Perhaps Sith in hiding out a new dark side cult. This way we could get introduced to many new things but could possibly have cameos from some of our favorite EU characters. Kyle Katarn. Jaina, Kyp. It would be a perfect way to keep the old intact while introducing tons of new possibilities.
Deathwielded
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:30:53 AM

Cassus fett wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:

Ahem I would like to apologize for my outburst I took that line out of context...Blushing

haha no prob, hey I would be super exited if they would start making more official mini's!ThumbsUp ThumbsUp
Deathwielded
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:31:51 AM

Robobob wrote:
I like this thread. I too think they should keep canon. I think the New Jedi Order gets big enough that they look to expand into nearby unexplored galaxies... like the Rishi Maze. There they find new planets, New species and maybe even a new threat. Perhaps Sith in hiding out a new dark side cult. This way we could get introduced to many new things but could possibly have cameos from some of our favorite EU characters. Kyle Katarn. Jaina, Kyp. It would be a perfect way to keep the old intact while introducing tons of new possibilities.

+1
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 6:59:06 AM

My vote goes to the Zahn trilogy.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:13:44 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:

haha no prob, hey I would be super exited if they would start making more official mini's!ThumbsUp ThumbsUp

Yeah, don't worryCool Just the thought of the possibility of new REAL minis (as in physical I can touch and not have to use a proxy figure minis) is amazingDrool Also we will probably get more new merchandise like action fidures and LEGOS.
Deathwielded
Posted: Saturday, September 14, 2013 8:38:34 AM

Deathwielded wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:
Cassus fett wrote:

Yeah, don't worryCool Just the thought of the possibility of new REAL minis (as in physical I can touch and not have to use a proxy figure minis) is amazingDrool Also we will probably get more new merchandise like action fidures and LEGOS.

+1