RegisterDonateLogin

Don't worry, she'll hold together. Hear me, baby? Hold together.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : What will the Campaign Title be?
Choice Votes Statistics
Alternative Universe 1 50.000000 %
A Galaxy: the way it might have been 1 50.000000 %

Rebels vs Seps: The Final Battle Options
knappskirata
Posted: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 9:22:49 PM
Groups: Member

We are taking the two factions that have won our online wars, and putting then against each other in an epic fight for glory! The alternate storyline is that the republic was thrown into chaos by Order 66, but the CIS took power in the confusion, launching a second attack on Coruscant. Palpatine, realizing the CIS forces were superior to the clone soldiers, decided to welcome them and use them as replacement to the troopers. But, the CIS became corrupt, with Palpatine issuing orders to Greivous and a shadowy character thought to have been dead long ago(Maul). They have seized a strong grip on the galaxy, but they still face one opposition. Those who rebeled. They immediately became organized and became a fearsome opponent to the tyranny in the galaxy. But one side must win. And one side will fall...

We are doing another game of online minituares, I will post the rules shortly, but for now, they are very similar to Forgotten Battles. If you want to sign up, please post in this forum, along with sides each player is going to be choosing.

Also, we need a Campaign Title. If you have and ideas or suggestions, please post them below.

Sign up will go through the middle of October, we will be organizing everything during that time.

See you on the field of Battle
Knappskirata
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:11:47 AM

I might would be interested, but have no idea how to use Vassal and have no idea how much free time I would have.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:16:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

pegolego wrote:
I might would be interested, but have no idea how to use Vassal and have no idea how much free time I would have.

You don't need vassal for this campaign, though you could use vassal. All you need is an opponent, which could be in person or could be on vassal.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:18:17 AM

i can make a rebel team :D
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:24:41 AM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
i can make a rebel team :D

You'll need an opponent (either in person or on Vassal). This massive campaign will have rules structured similar to the last two that were run. Here is the rules thread for the most recent one:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=12039

I'm guessing this campaign will be about the same size. 6-12 players per faction, each person plays 6 skirmishes. So a total of 36-72 skirmishes in the campaign.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:26:38 AM

alright, my best friend doesnt have bloomilk but can he b my opponent if i post up his Separatist squad?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:26:52 AM

Title suggestion: DROID EMPIRE

I vote for short titles so that it can easily be in the title of each thread for the campaign. In this alternate universe, basically Palpatine decides to rule the galaxy with the droid armies instead of the clone armies. But it's still an empire. So I thought "Droid Empire" captured the feel of this universe (and the resulting rebellion) pretty clearly in just a couple of words.

If the second item in the poll wins, it should be shortened to just "How it Might Have Been".
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:27:28 AM

and i could do it on vassal but i cant get mine to work -.-
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:28:59 AM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
alright, my best friend doesnt have bloomilk but can he b my opponent if i post up his Separatist squad?

You'll probably want to read the rules thread. The campaign probably doesn't work quite the way you think it does. You can't build a squad until you know which units have been allocated to you. The idea is that there is a war going on all over the galaxy. You are in command of some units on some planet, but you don't have access to the whole army. Each Unique is only in one location, and most uncommons/elite units are also limited to one location at a time. That's the summary, but you'll want to read the rules thread for all the details.
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:33:28 AM

Well, in that case, I'll talk to my friend and let you know. Maybe even my brothers will do it. Where is a thread where I can find more info?
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:34:14 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
CorranHornsux123 wrote:

You'll probably want to read the rules thread. The campaign probably doesn't work quite the way you think it does. You can't build a squad until you know which units have been allocated to you. The idea is that there is a war going on all over the galaxy. You are in command of some units on some planet, but you don't have access to the whole army. Each Unique is only in one location, and most uncommons/elite units are also limited to one location at a time. That's the summary, but you'll want to read the rules thread for all the details.

alright so i dnt make a team i just wait for my team to be selected for me?
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:41:54 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Title suggestion: DROID EMPIRE

I vote for short titles so that it can easily be in the title of each thread for the campaign. In this alternate universe, basically Palpatine decides to rule the galaxy with the droid armies instead of the clone armies. But it's still an empire. So I thought "Droid Empire" captured the feel of this universe (and the resulting rebellion) pretty clearly in just a couple of words.

If the second item in the poll wins, it should be shortened to just "How it Might Have Been".

^i like the name i was thinking I.D.L.O.E (Imperial Droid Legion Of the Empire)
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:42:42 AM

how do you become a Supreme commander?? ^_^ i wanna be one :D
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:43:14 AM

Election I think.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:46:15 AM

pegolego wrote:
Election I think.

awwh i would make an awesome supreme commander lol i play A&A (the bored game), D&D, and some other games where everyone says im a great leader lol Blushing Laugh
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:52:33 AM

So...after V-set 6 the Seps are just going to destroy the Rebels...

pegolego wrote:
Election I think.

It tends to be a volunteer position.

CorranHornsux123 wrote:

They aren't made for you, you are assigned certain Unique and powerful non-unique units. You combine them in any way you wish with the unrestricted list of units. Check out the last 2, it'll make more sense when you look at them.
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 6:56:46 AM

AndyHatton wrote:

pegolego wrote:
Election I think.

CorranHornsux123 wrote:

They aren't made for you, you are assigned certain Unique and powerful non-unique units. You combine them in any way you wish with the unrestricted list of units. Check out the last 2, it'll make more sense when you look at them.

Ill take the challenge to be supreme commander ;) plus if u got a bunch of elite rebel commandos with ion gun the spes dnt stand a chance lol and i did check it out lol i understand now (:
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:08:34 AM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

pegolego wrote:
Election I think.

CorranHornsux123 wrote:

Ill take the challenge to be supreme commander ;) plus if u got a bunch of elite rebel commandos with ion gun the spes dnt stand a chance lol and i did check it out lol i understand now (:

Now if other people want to do it, there has to be a discussion and then perhaps a vote.

But that squad only goes out once a week, and what if you play against Living Seps that week?! (You'd actually probably be fine, Rebel Commandos are great.)
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:10:19 AM

AndyHatton wrote:
CorranHornsux123 wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

pegolego wrote:
Election I think.

CorranHornsux123 wrote:

Now if other people want to do it, there has to be a discussion and then perhaps a vote.

But that squad only goes out once a week, and what if you play against Living Seps that week?! (You'd actually probably be fine, Rebel Commandos are great.)

yea i love the commandos tht there basically the main rebels i have lol
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, September 18, 2013 7:56:45 AM

I don't think my friend will be interested, but I'd love to play a seps team against CHS if I can get Vassal going.