RegisterDonateLogin

Senses we've picked up another pathetic life form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Commercial User?! Options
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 3:32:36 AM
Groups: Member

Hi guys,
This is a question mostly for the sight moderators and coordinators, but you guys can feel free to comment also. I just have been noticing that a particular user has been posting random advertisements all over the forums page. 3 this morning. I don't think that there is much harm in the posts themselves, but the external links in the posts may have a virus. It can be ignored, however it is annoying when this user posts his advertisements in the middle of a conversation. It just isn't good online etiquette. If he posted it on his own topic it wouldn't be as bad, but I think it would be best to keep Bloomilk advertisement free.

That's my 2 cents on the subject

Thanks,

GBC
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 6:10:40 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Such posts are not allowed and he/they will be removed as soon as a mod gets to it.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 6:14:45 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

We try to get to the spambots as soon as we can. If you see such a post, just notify a mod. Spambots are a part of forum life, just have to be patient until they are dealt with.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 11:39:08 AM
Groups: Member

Sithborg wrote:
We try to get to the spambots as soon as we can. If you see such a post, just notify a mod. Spambots are a part of forum life, just have to be patient until they are dealt with.

OK, are you and swinefeld mods? I just checked, and it looks like you took care of the problem. Thanks guys.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, September 23, 2013 12:05:04 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

OK, are you and swinefeld mods? I just checked, and it looks like you took care of the problem. Thanks guys.

Correct, we're the 2 main mods here. We remove them as soon as we see them, but when they show up in some other conversation it's helpful to point them out. (much easier to spot them when in their own threads)

Thanks!