RegisterDonateLogin

Your cells have the highest concentration of Bloo Milk I have ever seen in a life-form.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Help Options
scoundrel
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 8:19:13 PM
Groups: Member

I am having a tough time beating a friend of mine who plays mandalorain scouts with twin a lot. We do not use the V sets. I have most the original pieces. Any advice would be appreciated... Oh we play 150 pts.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 8:45:09 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Black and blue... Thrawn Lord Vader and a bunch of Rodian Brutes. Plus a minor attacker or two. Out activate then run up a Brute. Swap in Vader and kill something. Next round a auto win initiative and swap Vader back to safety. Repeat each round.
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 9:34:42 PM

IG-Lancer with some support (like Darth Sidious) should do pretty well against Mando Scouts as well.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, September 27, 2013 11:00:44 PM

On the tactics side, if he doesn't also use Boba, MC, try keeping a high-defense/HP character front and center as your vanguard, but don't activate them until the end. That way, the only thing those scouts can attack is that one character, and when using something that can also reduce or negate damage (or even better, reflect damage), it will give them fits if they can't use Opportunist.

For instance, look at the aforementioned Lord Vader. If he just stood in front of everybody else, in cover, unactivated, those scouts will need 17s (14s with the quartermaster) to hit him for 10 damage, then his Dark Armor would negate that half the time.
jak
Posted: Saturday, September 28, 2013 10:54:08 AM

lightsaber throw 3 & 5 both ignore cover, so the scouts would lose cloaked. also stealth melee characters to move under cover for the kill. maybe Vong with stealth and self destruct.
let us know how it goes. It's so annoying when someone runs the same squad over and over again.
SQUASH HIM, then he'll mix it up a bit.
scoundrel
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 4:49:17 PM

Thanks everyone I will try out a few of these ideas. I have mandalorians in my nightmares. In my friends defense we have a rule the winner has to play the same team until defeated. He probably wants me to win as much as I do.BigGrin
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, October 1, 2013 8:26:22 AM

If you still lose, post his team. Then we can devise counters specifically for it.BigGrin