RegisterDonateLogin

Knows better than to trust a strange computer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Building with Darth Sidious, Supreme Chancellor Options
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 6:32:26 PM
Groups: Member

The 69 point Darth Sidious, Supreme Chancellor seems like one of the most popular and discussed pieces in the new sets. But I have little idea how to go about building a squad with him, and I'm looking at the recent CotG favourites thread, and Deathwielded says:
Quote:
I was ultimately disappointed with..... Darth Sidious, Supreme Chancellor. They are great pieces to be sure, but I'm having trouble making good squads with them. (Melee heavy squads with few characters are what they end up looking like. Maybe I need to stop trying so hard to get the most out of their CE's)

Browsing through the squads people have made with him so far, this one from DieAndBeMetal is my favourite:

Quote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/132287/palps--the-ultimate-deceiver

--Palps, The Ultimate Deceiver--
69 Darth Sidious, Supreme Chancellor
27 Lobot
20 General Whorm Loathsom
36 Klatooinian Assassin x3
10 San Hill
9 Poggle the Lesser
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
20 Geonosian Drone x10

Preferred Reinforcements:
(Lobot) 12 Klatooinian Assassin
(Lobot) 8 Muun Tactics Broker

(200pts. 23 activations)

I can see it working as the shots from the cloaked Klatooinians will force the opponent to advance, and if they get close Sidious can smoke them.

Any other good ideas for what to do with Sidious.?
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:10:10 PM

He is an awesome piece to be sure, I have just had a heck of a time making a squad around him. Force renewal is an amazing CE and he is a great beat himself, but he is just hard to make a good squad with. The best candidates for his CE are: Darth Maul on Swoop Bike, with Darth Maul, Sith Infiltrator (who is a good choice also) General Grievous, Hero of Hypori, Savage Oppress, Aurra Sing, Jedi Hunter (all of the above not needing Twin from Whorm) Sora Bulq, Jarael, Count Dooku of Serenn (these three could use Whorms CE) and perhaps Jolee Bindo. Is there any good support for DSSC? I don't think so, perhaps a draw fire character or a bodyguard to keep him around longer...
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:16:20 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
Force renewal is an amazing CE and he is a great beat himself, but he is just hard to make a good squad with.

I think it's difficult hard to get value out of his CE - it's obviously an appropriate CE for him (cf Sidious Hologram), but since he's already 69 points, it's hard to fit other big force users in with him. He'd be a stronger piece without it, since then he'd be eligible for twin.