RegisterDonateLogin

If I told you half the things I've heard about this web site, you'd probably short circuit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

MY college and star wars lead actor! (hopefully) Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 4:09:13 PM
Groups: Member

Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 5:40:42 PM

WHAAAAAATTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AWESOME!!!!!! What does this fella look like?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 7:28:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sounds pretty crazy.
harryg
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:33:12 PM

My guess would be hes playing jacen. Seems a little young for corran, luke, han etc. Too old for Anakin. And I have a feeling if there are vong they are computer generated like the clones were.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, November 21, 2013 8:38:36 PM

I think they're all new characters. If we're lucky they'll be tangential to the EU we know. But quite possible that the EU just blows up completely.
CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 9:22:56 AM

??? I have no idea what you are looking at
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 9:42:29 AM

CerousMutor wrote:
??? I have no idea what you are looking at

The original link is a link to a college newspaper. Scroll down and there is an article about a student at the school getting a role in the new Star Wars film.
Lily_Wan
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 10:18:31 AM

"The document "11.21 Collegian" has been deleted."

Would someone who read it please report what was written? Thanks.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:14:04 AM

A male student (name forgotten) from Hillsdale College went to auditions for the Star Wars film and was cast for a role. I don't recall if it explicitly said he got the "lead role" but it definitely gave that impression if it wasn't stated explicitly. The student described the audition... walking in, shaking hands and greetings with the people conducting the auditions, then being called into a back room for a reading, eventually getting the part. Another male student (I think) and a female student also went to the auditions but didn't get past the handshakes. The person who got the part isn't allowed to say anything about the film, of course. He hasn't seen the script, but expects to see it in the spring.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:43:30 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I think they're all new characters. If we're lucky they'll be tangential to the EU we know. But quite possible that the EU just blows up completely.

Agreed. I think the title should be Star Wars Episode VII: The Continuity Bomb.
CerousMutor
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 11:48:38 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
A male student (name forgotten) from Hillsdale College went to auditions for the Star Wars film and was cast for a role. I don't recall if it explicitly said he got the "lead role" but it definitely gave that impression if it wasn't stated explicitly. The student described the audition... walking in, shaking hands and greetings with the people conducting the auditions, then being called into a back room for a reading, eventually getting the part. Another male student (I think) and a female student also went to the auditions but didn't get past the handshakes. The person who got the part isn't allowed to say anything about the film, of course. He hasn't seen the script, but expects to see it in the spring.

lol he's getting nothing now if he posted it himself!!
Darthbane53
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 2:07:44 PM

Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Im trying to have a little faith in that regards. I mean we are not a minority of hard core fans here. If they tie in mara jade there going to sell a million new action figures to the hard core fans. If they re-name her and give luke a different wife they won't sell any to any one who's a hardcore fan. It makes sense to think about it in dollars and cents type of way.
Gungan Batman Clone
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 3:03:50 PM

Darthbane53 wrote:
Gungan Batman Clone wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

Im trying to have a little faith in that regards. I mean we are not a minority of hard core fans here. If they tie in mara jade there going to sell a million new action figures to the hard core fans. If they re-name her and give luke a different wife they won't sell any to any one who's a hardcore fan. It makes sense to think about it in dollars and cents type of way.

Never thought of it like that, I hope you're right.
shatterpoint7
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 6:47:49 PM

well guys sorry to disappoint. turns out this guy was a jerk who wanted to see if he could actually get away with telling the newspaper columnist a news story. so pretty much a celebrity wanna be drama queen. Cursing Cursing Cursing ThumbDown He is NOT a reflection of most of the people who go to my college (just to make that clear). sorry for the commotion, its been the hot topic here today. here's a pic of the guy (i gotta say, he wouldnt make a bad jedi.)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10201937870629534&set=a.1577869127794.2074372.1267590026&type=1&theater

I had 2 friends try out for rolls (no luck, perhaps as extras). From what I heard, they dont want any blondes as the lead femals role.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, November 22, 2013 8:23:50 PM

It doesn't surprise me that it's false.