RegisterDonateLogin

Still effective inside Thrawn's Force bubble.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SHNN Options
atmsalad
Posted: Thursday, September 4, 2014 8:50:48 PM
Groups: Member

I would have liked to have been on, I had to much hem work though.
jak
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 5:08:25 PM

TheHutts wrote:
It's on now - Daala announcement.

care to share?Blink

is she dead? (imagines dancing on grave)
pegolego
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 5:13:48 PM

jak wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

care to share?Blink

She just lost Reserves, and the Snotroop Officer had rapport -2 kicked down to r -1.
SignerJ
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 5:48:12 PM

pegolego wrote:
jak wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

care to share?Blink

the Snotroop Officer had rapport -2 kicked down to r -1.

Glad that finally happened. The Officer was more of a problem than Daala, in my opinion.
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 6:10:14 PM

SignerJ wrote:
pegolego wrote:
jak wrote:
TheHutts wrote:

care to share?Blink

the Snotroop Officer had rapport -2 kicked down to r -1.

Glad that finally happened. The Officer was more of a problem than Daala, in my opinion.

YES!!!

I was hoping they would do exactly what they did. perfect.
I also thought the problem with the Snowtroopers stemmed from that Rapport.
Lets hope this is her last Errata and that she will be fine from here on out.BlooMilk
DarkDracul
Posted: Friday, September 5, 2014 7:09:44 PM

I really like these changes as Daala will remain tier 1 but no longer be as "Swarmy" and "Lucky Ducky."
The changes were smart and thoughtful and I really appreciate the patient approach in implementing them.
It was wise to not make a "knee-jurk" reaction to community complaints.
It's clear to me that the designers have been listening and taking these issues into serious consideration.
We never got that kind of TLC from Wizards. ThumpUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 5:56:46 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

SHNN on in 5 minutes.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:59:17 PM

SHNN in 2 minutes.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, October 2, 2014 6:05:09 PM

On now!
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Saturday, October 4, 2014 7:19:30 AM

I listened to the show, and I fail to see how the legends boba can get evade and dodge together.... he does not have stealth so the black sun guy does not give him evade and I am not aware of anyway for him to get stealth, especially in the v-set all star list we have.

The other thing is that we did create the all star list before making our pieces, but we changed the list as we playtested.

I will address the yslamari statement as well. it is not only 6 squares, because shooters can shoot from the bubble and force users can't respond still and since shooters dominate the game we dropped yslamari. and anyone running palleon and lobot should bring in a bodyguard and smile at mace when he comes in.
urbanjedi
Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 10:09:26 PM

You are correct at the present time. We were just coming up with stuff off the top of our head, and we missed it.

The point still remains that rather than a new evade-like ability, current V-set designers would make (and have considered in the past) the movement part of Dodge as a separate ability because of the potential oops of stacking. It is the main reason that we don't really give out Soresu Style (the regular version) very much because it is pretty easy to get evade and we don't really want to have a double "evading" character.

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2014 3:54:17 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
You are correct at the present time. We were just coming up with stuff off the top of our head, and we missed it.

The point still remains that rather than a new evade-like ability, current V-set designers would make (and have considered in the past) the movement part of Dodge as a separate ability because of the potential oops of stacking. It is the main reason that we don't really give out Soresu Style (the regular version) very much because it is pretty easy to get evade and we don't really want to have a double "evading" character.

yeah considering he is limited to all fringe squads, and we limited the v-sets it should not be a problem. or if we do want to give out evade to all fringe, we could a sentence to dodge that says, this character cannot gain evade.
Mando
Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:41:48 AM

urbanjedi wrote:

I think the Dodge SA could be introduced to the V-sets be just wording it so that if this character successfully evades an attack, it can move 2 squares. You could put it on a CE that grants it to only characters with Evade, sorta like the CE's that grant Evade of Self Destruct 20 to followers with Stealth. You could have it with Camraderie also if you want to introduce it to specific characters.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2014 7:48:11 AM

Mando wrote:
urbanjedi wrote:

I think the Dodge SA could be introduced to the V-sets be just wording it so that if this character successfully evades an attack, it can move 2 squares. You could put it on a CE that grants it to only characters with Evade, sorta like the CE's that grant Evade of Self Destruct 20 to followers with Stealth. You could have it with Camraderie also if you want to introduce it to specific characters.

if I remember correctly we originally had dodge worded that way, where they had evade and dodge and dodge kicked in if they were successful on the evade, but we decided it wasn't a big deal and combined them into one ability.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, October 9, 2014 5:59:39 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:

I will address the yslamari statement as well. it is not only 6 squares, because shooters can shoot from the bubble and force users can't respond still and since shooters dominate the game we dropped yslamari. and anyone running palleon and lobot should bring in a bodyguard and smile at mace when he comes in.

I have run Ysalimari the last 3 years at GenCon, and I can tell you that, at least the last 2 years, it was not a dominant aspect of my squads. The characters with it are fragile enough that it would be dangerous to build a squad around it. Now, 3 years ago when Mace was big, my squad did rely heavily on Ysalimari. I had the benefit of regularly playing one of the best Mace players in the country in my playgroup, Josh. I built my squad to handle Mace, and it did. I had the confidence that I could beat any Mace squad. Unfortunately, it didn't fare too well against the rest of the meta. I finished like 2-4 or 5 that year and a non-factor in the grand scheme of things.
jak
Posted: Friday, October 10, 2014 5:34:22 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
...........and a non-factor in the grand scheme of things.

just like in the bedroom, eh? old timer.LOL
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, October 23, 2014 6:38:36 PM

On now!
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 9:59:44 AM

Tonight's show is cancelled. We should be back next Thurs.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 7:04:36 PM

On now.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 8, 2015 8:04:19 PM

Just spoiled:

37/45

Teebo, Ewok Sentry -- RM: Ewok Warrior (MotF25)
Fringe
SMALL BASE
cost 15

hp 30
def 16
atk +6
dam 10

Special Abilities
Unique

Advanced Warning [If this character has line of sight to an enemy, allied Ewoks gain Relay Orders (Each allied commander can count distance from this character as well as from itself for the purpose of commander effects)]

Sentry [Replaces attacks: Target 1 non-Unique enemy, ignoring cover. This round, this character and allies ignore cover when targeting that enemy.]

Spotter +10 [If this character combines fire against a target within 6 squares, the attacker gets +10 Damage against that target]

Stealth [If this character has cover, he does not count as the nearest enemy for an attacker farther than 6 squares when choosing targets]