RegisterDonateLogin

Had enough calcium to preserve Owen and Beru's bones.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Sith. 150 Options
Krystomose
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 2:44:59 PM
Groups: Member

almost all of my sith 150 combos just do not seem to compete, or if they do, they only come close to winning but still lose. Anyone have some tested 150 builds out there?
Darth_Massey-Sith_Lord
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 3:02:17 PM

almost always need the 49 point Malak that grants +4 atk. I usually go with Holo Sid for FP. One fun extra to run in is the Boba with Intuition.
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 3:25:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Do you use V-sets or not?
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, December 16, 2013 3:35:16 PM

Have you looked at the museum here: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/TopRated

The top rated Sith squad at 150 is:
--Dark Reign--
49 Darth Malak, Dark Lord of the Sith
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
23 Sith Lord
22 Sith Apprentice
11 Darth Sidious Hologram
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 9 activations)
Krystomose
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 7:05:17 AM

I do not run V sets.

Thanks for some replies. I have mainly been trying to run Talon, the dark lady, and just recently Jacen. Malak always seems to get handled pretty fast, but the dash combo has done well in one game, but Obi's soresou won the game!
Darth_Massey-Sith_Lord
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:08:08 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/23188/sith-merc

this is the squad I was looking for! usually does really well for me. gotta be very strategic with placement though. Any one piece left in the open will be torn apart.

Biggest thing is that Malak doesn't need to be within 6 to give his boost. leave him towards the back or run him with Lando. Boba Merc is the absolute definition of finesse piece, in the sense that you have to very methodically plan out your atks with him.

+22 for 30 on non-activated uniques is great, plus begining of round you intuition into position. Lando at +16 for 30 ain't too shabby either.

Very dink and dunk though, not sure if it fits everyone's play style.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 1:48:01 PM

Do you think an R7 and a Mouse instead of the Gran Raiders and an Ugnaught would help the squad some? Do you usually get two attacks out of Boba, or do you just intuition him out for one each round and pop back into cover?
Darth_Massey-Sith_Lord
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 2:08:46 PM

the ONLY time i ever go for the double atk with Boba is if I KNOW that I'll be able to take out who i'm targetting and no one else will have LOS to him. That Intuition can help greatly for that.

honestly, mouse doesn't do much besides extend the CE of Holo Sid, and his FP to everyone is not necessary (except for Evade saves). An R7 might be a good idea though.

But if I take out the 2 Grans for an R7 it cuts my low activation count down even more. It's a toss-up at that point.
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 3:35:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sith were fairly poor before the Vsets came out. They had some good stuff, but lacked the cohesion to be able to compete with the big 4. All the good Sith Squads pre-Vsets have already been made and are probably here on the Squad search function. Sith Sorcery is probably their best non-Vset option.
Darth_Massey-Sith_Lord
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 4:23:50 PM

I will agree to an extent. Sith could put up a decent fight against top 4 back before V-Sets, however it was almost always an uphill battle.

If you're looking for non-V-set Sith squads, I honestly think that your best bet is Malak, DLotS. getting that +4 atk is awesome and needed for a lot of the medium cost force users or the fringe you'll have to bring in. And giving FR to everyone is amazing as well. Characters with Evade are best with Holo Sid.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 5:06:32 PM

Malak is similar to Republic fighter/commander options in the same range - either GOWK or Grand Master Yoda. All of them are tough enough to be front line fighters, all of them have an attack boosting CE. Yoda is arguably a better attacker (he has the potential for that big Ataru throw if your opponent isn't careful) and a better defender (more hit points, force defense, lightsaber defense) compared to Malak, while GOWK is a limited attacker but can be a tank to bring down. But even if we accept that the three pieces are generally equivalent, I think that GOWK/Grand Master Yoda squads are stronger than Malak squads, just because the rest of the Republic roster is so much stronger than what the Sith can bring.

The one distinctive piece the Sith can bring in to this type of squad is Sidious Hologram - Force Renewal for everyone is strong, but otherwise it's very noticeable that Malak squads often revolve around fringe attackers like Jarael, Dash, and Boba. There are other neat options like Sith Lords, but nothing game breaking.

On the other hand Republic also have a bunch of other pieces that make them stronger than Sith - you can get an amazing movement breaker in R2 Astromech for 9 points, Captain Rex is a great shooter for 33 points, Jedi Weapon Masters are tough with GOWK's CE, and you have left field options like Jar Jar Binks that are strong as well.

Off the top of my head, Sith Sorcery and Sidious Hologram's force renewal for everyone are two faction-specific abilities that only the Sith had before the v-sets - so I guess they're what you build around in Sith. Tellingly though, out of 54 squads at the National Champs in 2010, noone ran Sith.

I always reference back to Masters of the Force era/before the v-sets - as that's where I started playing. I guess there was a point in SWM before that where Sith were more competitive - they only got 10 pieces in all of the 40 piece sets/related expansions. They got a few nice options like Sidiogram and the Sith Lord during that time, but compared to what the big factions got during that era, they were very neglected.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, December 17, 2013 11:49:31 PM

Some of the old Holosid/Lord/Apprentice builds were a real bear to handle unless you were Vong. The auto-damage can be crushing.

Throw in a couple of mice and an R7 or 2 and it was at least competitive.
Darth_Massey-Sith_Lord
Posted: Wednesday, December 18, 2013 11:15:08 AM

yeah, I completely agree with Urbanjedi. Auto damage is a huge advantage. There were a few tournaments, back in the day mind you, that I build specific auto damage squads because I knew it would take out the one thing I suck at: dice rolls.
Krystomose
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 7:16:16 AM

Great replies, thanks!
I feel like Boba Merc is kind of cheap piece to use, since he is great in really any squad. I already I feel like I use Lando and Dash way too much! But the sith need them the most with a lack of shooters and an over abundance high cost force users.

Next question: I am working on some non-Thrawn squads currently. Since my opponents are getting very sick of him lol. And for the sake of variety. The empire is my largest faction with like 80-90 pieces/140 total or something. Just wondering if anyone has anything I may not of lthought of? We play at 150 mostly. I actually did surprisingly well with Lord Vader, human bodyguard, storm officer, x3 shadow storms, x2 mouse droids, and r7 against a Kyle combat instructor squad.
harryg
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 8:02:48 AM

Without thrawn, you could try: 1) auto damage with Palps on throne, and Nightsister Sith witches or other 'shockers'
2) a moff Nyna calixte squad with storm commandos. 3) Darth Vader imperial commander, a Felucian Stormtrooper officer and shock troopers for 34 defense missile troopers
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, January 7, 2014 11:51:20 AM

TBSVs with Xizor/Imperial Governor Tarkin/Czerka can be good as you have a lot of damage output, if the other person isn't playing a squad with good movement, it can be really strong.