RegisterDonateLogin

Look sir, Milk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Outside the Box Redux: Week 4, Count Dooku, Separatist Leader Options
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 1:59:25 PM
Groups: Member

Count Dooku, Separatist Leader has fun written all over him - he has a fun and pretty unique CE AND he has reserves. He's (obviously) Separatist, and here are his stats:

Quote:
Hit Points: 130
Defense: 20
Attack: 0
Damage: 0
Rarity: Rare
Base: Medium

Special Abilities
Unique
Draw Fire (If an enemy targets an ally within 6 squares of this character, you may force that enemy to target this character instead if it can; save 11)
Immediate Separatist Reserves 20 (If you roll exactly 5, 10, 15, or 20 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of non-Unique Separatist characters to your squad, adjacent to this character, immediately before your first activation of the round)
Turn to the Dark Side (Replaces attacks: range 6; 20 damage to 1 target with a Force rating. The target can choose to negate this damage and instead make a save of 11; if the save fails, the target joins this character's squad until the end of the skirmish.)

Force Powers
Force 5
Anticipation (Force 1: Reroll initiative once per round)
Pawn of the Dark Side (Force 1, replaces attacks: sight; 1 non-Unique ally takes an immediate turn, which does not count as one of your 2 activations this phase; at the end of that turn, it takes 10 damage)

Commander Effect: If this character would take damage from an attack, an adjacent follower can take the damage instead. Whenever an enemy within 6 squares damages this character, one adjacent follower with line of sight to that enemy may make 1 immediate attack against that character. This attack does not use the targeting rules.

Your challenge is to create a 200 point squad (or another point total if you prefer) using Count Dooku and try to make them as competitive as possible. He's only in 30 Bloomilk 200 point squads, compared to 64 for the far less interesting Count Dooku of Serenno.

(I've meant to do one of these each week, and wanted to alternate between wotc/v-set, but I'm really struggling to find any wotc piece with any potential left - it's kind of like squeezing blood out of a stone....).
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, December 22, 2013 2:00:26 PM

--Separatist Master and Apprentice--
69 Darth Sidious, Supreme Chancellor
57 Count Dooku, Separatist Leader
19 BX Commando Droid Spotter
15 Dr. Evazan, Galactic Criminal
15 Lobot, Computer Liaison Officer
14 Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal
9 Poggle the Lesser
2 Geonosian Drone
(200pts. 8 activations)

And this is my entry - mostly silly, as it's a very expensive way of getting Dooku renewal, but it could work in some situations,
harryg
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 11:10:08 AM

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 12:15:51 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

My problem with building with him is that the Lancer is obviously the best piece to pawn, but then the Lancer is not subject to his CE. Of the living options, the best characters to shoot are unique, but you can't pawn them. So I've always felt torn about what to use.

Anyway, I built this when he first came out:
--Dooku and Durge--
57 Count Dooku, Separatist Leader
51 Durge, Jedi Hunter
31 IG Lancer Droid
21 GenoHaradan Assassin
20 General Whorm Loathsom
8 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)
markedman247
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 4:03:31 PM

Not an expert but that V-Set piece (Geonosian with Sonic Cannon) might be fun. After all, it is save-less stun volleys upon damage.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, December 23, 2013 4:20:33 PM

Yeah, I think that Geonosian with Sonic Cannon could definitely be an option. The main drawback is the attack of 6, but otherwise it should be really good in that role - it's got lots of damage with twin, and enough hit points to take some hits for Dooku.