RegisterDonateLogin

Is ready to take on the whole Empire itself.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2014 Pennsylvania Regional May 3 Options
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, January 20, 2014 5:51:52 PM
Groups: Member

The 2014 Pa regional will once again be held at That Game Place in Lemoyne Pa on May 3. There will also be an X-Wing tournament...not sure if it is a regional, a store championship, or just a tournament. Both will be held at the store on May 3, starting with the X-Wing tournament. More details to follow.
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, February 12, 2014 9:08:12 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I will do my best to show. I wish work wasn't so demanding...

But yeah, I've never even tried a game of x wing. Maybe I should.
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 5:32:46 PM

I should be good to go for this. I'm going to try and make both the X-wing and Minis tournament this year but no guarantees on X-wing. I haven't played in a while anyway...
Hinkbert
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:21:07 PM

I'll be there for both and I'm getting married the next day so no excuses from anyone else for not showing up BigGrin
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:29:36 PM

Hinkbert wrote:
I'll be there for both and I'm getting married the next day so no excuses from anyone else for not showing up BigGrin

But you know...its like a whole 2 hour drive for me...I mean that is something right? Blushing

Congrats Josh!BigGrin ThumbsUp BigGrin
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:11:38 PM

Hink, you know we wouldn't miss it!

BlooMilk BlooMilk BlooMilk

And there's my 1k post...
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, March 20, 2014 10:03:18 AM

Map list???
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, March 21, 2014 5:46:17 PM

Jim said Map List C on a recent episode of SHNN
Darth_Jim
Posted: Sunday, March 23, 2014 4:15:54 AM

I guess I should update now that our regional season is underway.

When: Saturday May 3, 4pm

Where: That Game Place 231 S 8th St Lemoyne Pa
http://www.thatgamestore.com/
717 761 8988

How much: 15$

Map list C

Prizes (Subject to attendance) cash equivalent of a GenCon badge, store gift certificates

Details: The reason for the late start is prior to the regional we'll be having an X Wing tournament. There will be prize support and a small entry fee. Registration for X Wing will start at 10am and the tournament begins at 11.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Saturday, April 12, 2014 1:15:11 PM

Well good news, the Nader clan will all be coming to town for the weekend! I have my wedding day persona all picked out and it's going to be totally WIZARD! Woot
Darth_Jim
Posted: Monday, April 14, 2014 2:37:54 AM

Awesome. Looking forward to seeing you! Chicken Limo.
Jar Jar the Destroyer
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 1:38:51 AM

Hello everyone, I've been playing SWM since it came out in 04, but I stopped once Wizards stopped making sets. I had no clue until recently that people were still holding tournaments for it. These virtual sets have me pretty far out of the loop as to what's legal to play and what other rules may be different from back in the day. I'm considering taking a trip to PA for the tourney, since it's the closet one to me. But I was hoping someone could help me out and bring me up to speed with what's been going on the past couple years. I'll appreciate any help I can get.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 1:51:29 PM

There have now been seven v-sets, as well as some micro-sets, so there have maybe been about 450-500 new pieces released since WOTC stopped making pieces. It means there's lots to learn - especially as the v-sets have way less disposable pieces than the WOTC sets, so there aren't many *bad* pieces like the Far-Outsider or Toydarian Soldier in Masters of the Force. But at the same time, there's been reasonably minimal power creep - squads like Skybuck and Solo Charge, or squads built around Thrawn swap, can still compete really well. I think the v-sets are great - all ten factions (including pure Fringe) can now compete.

I conducted a survey a few months ago about what the best pieces are for each faction - http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13616&p=2 (last post of the page) - it's a good idea of some of the key pieces from each faction. It's before the latest set, which especially added some great pieces for the Vong (Commander Sha'kel is amazing).
AndyHatton
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 2:05:29 PM

I'd say either download the PDFS or browse here on Bloomilk starting with the factions you like. I think it will make things a little easier, especially since many factions still have a "theme" to them, you'll see a few like abilities throughout and it will be easier to wrap your head around 5 years of new content.

Another good thing is to check out the Events subforum and look over regional winning squads over the past few years. You can see how the game has grown (and see what competes now)

The only rule thing I can think that has changed is that Soresu Style Mastery is BACK to the original printed card. But definetly check out theHutts' thread, he knows what he is talking about.
thereisnotry
Posted: Saturday, April 26, 2014 8:59:20 AM

I'll be there. I can't wait!

Countdown to 11:00 next Saturday:
166 hours to go...
christophercook
Posted: Monday, April 28, 2014 6:25:11 PM

I wish the Cook clan could make it this year. Congrats to Hink, I hope Gerry does not get 2 drunk and start dancing like Jar Jar binks....... again.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, April 30, 2014 7:04:02 PM

Here is an update on prize support: 1 Clone Wars Battles Scenario Pack (Yes, this is the one with the lancer), The Clone Wars Starter set, The Clone Wars Attack on Teth, The Clone Wars The Crystal Caves of Ilum, and 5 copies of Armored Cartographers' Double sided Mystery Map from Kickstarter. Matt produced just 100 of these (Wilderness Bunker, Blue Squadron Base) but graciously made 5 available for this regional. These prizes are in addition to those previously listed, and all are subject to attendance.

Like Trevor, I am getting excited about this Saturday as well. This will be our 5th Pa/Md regional. Previous winners include Ian Gordon of Virginia, Daniel Stephens of Georgia, Matt Spry of North Carolina, and Luke Cook of New York. This year it looks like we'll have players from Michigan, Illinois, New York, New Jersey, Maryland, and Pennsylvania!
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, May 1, 2014 1:18:47 PM

Dudes...less than 48 hours!

46 hours and 45 minutes until the SWM starts....

46 hours and 44 minutes until the SWM starts....

thereisnotry
Posted: Friday, May 2, 2014 8:01:10 PM

16 hours until the SWM starts....
atmsalad
Posted: Sunday, May 4, 2014 7:17:06 PM

Are the standings, squad builds and play reports for this some place else?