Arc Trooper Captain Fordo 27/88
Null Arc Trooper Ordo 34/122
Captain Rex 33/155
Mas Amedda 8/163
R2 Astromech 9/172
Arc Trooper 18/190
Spartii x2 10/200

Reserves: Arc Trooper, Spartii x 2 or Arc Sniper and Arc Scout

So the base squad has enough serious firepower on it's own, but Fordo's recon helps get those crucial initiative rolls to pull off reserves alongside Anticipation or Sense the Future. With only 1 Double/Twin GMA Arc Trooper in the squad it's important to roll as much as possible, as at 18 points, you can't get more than one each round. You can also choose to use the other Arcs and just get twin. Unless you change the squad around to play off of Covert Ops trooper, you only have 1 use of Intuition each round, but it'll get you set up for an 80 point swing. You don't need much survivability in the squad, because you have a 25% chance of them returning to the battlefield or your other Troopers hit harder...

AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:17:56 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'd like to comment as I like the looks of most of the squad, but has Pong Krell been spoiled yet? I don't remember seeing his stats.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:19:47 PM
Groups: Member

AndyHatton wrote:
I'd like to comment as I like the looks of most of the squad, but has Pong Krell been spoiled yet? I don't remember seeing his stats.

I don't believe he has been, but Brad gives you quite a lot to work with here.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, January 29, 2014 3:28:53 PM

TimmerB123 wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

I don't believe he has been, but Brad gives you quite a lot to work with here.

Still I'd rather not say much until I know more. I see that it seems like Pong will be a Reserves pieces with Anticipation and Sense the Future which is nice but I don't know if he has certain drawbacks for being a jerk or if the other boosts alluded to are CEs, SAs, ranged etc.

EDIT: And as a fan of ARC Troopers I like the Reserves choice a lot, it is nice to see ARCs might have a use with Pong
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 10:50:36 PM

Looks pretty good with Pong Krell having Sense The Future and Anticipation (he was previewed on SHNN tonight).
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 11:01:16 PM

Unless Captain Ordo was erattaed this squad doesn't quite work since he is a Commander without Order 66, Pong's Rival prevents him from being in the squad.

EDIT: So without Ordo you could add more Original ARC Troopers since they won't have as much punch there can at least be more of them.

And on just a Pong related note now I want to try him with Commander Fox and his Guards, draw fire away from the big targets, and then the Guards might just come back. Downside is at 16 points you can only bring in 1 with Reserves.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 1:20:59 PM

Hmm, what was the reasoning for Ordo not having Order 66...I see clone, I see Order 66. I'll have to look back in that design thread, as I've played him multiple times as if he had it.

Edit--There's no reference at all, having or not, in the design thread; nor is there a viable reason on Wookieepedia.
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 1:30:06 PM

I disagree there is no viable reason on Wookiepedia:

"He acknowledged the order to kill all Jedi, and began discarding his GAR-issued armor, copying and erasing all the data on his helmet into his Mandalorian one"

He didn't execute Order 66, he desserted at that time. It seems like he paired up with Omega Squad after that so maybe he should have been given an ability like theirs that lets him benefit from some Order 66 perks but doesn't let him become Imperial, EDIT: But I've always played him as a non-Order 66 piece. (makes some ARC Squads weird,) I know it has been mentioned a few times in his character comments section but I've never seen anything official about it.
Echo24
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 1:37:02 PM

Yeah, Ordo was a Null, who notably did not follow orders. Ordo specifically deserted when Order 66 was issued.

I would expect none of the Nulls to get Order 66. They would have no problem shooting at Palpatine if they felt the need to.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 1:53:29 PM

AndyHatton wrote:

"He acknowledged the order to kill all Jedi, and began discarding his GAR-issued armor, copying and erasing all the data on his helmet into his Mandalorian one"

He didn't execute Order 66, he desserted at that time. It seems like he paired up with Omega Squad after that so maybe he should have been given an ability like theirs that lets him benefit from some Order 66 perks but doesn't let him become Imperial, EDIT: But I've always played him as a non-Order 66 piece. (makes some ARC Squads weird,) I know it has been mentioned a few times in his character comments section but I've never seen anything official about it.

I admit I skimmed it, so I missed that line. Just got to the area where Order 66 was initiated and saw they were programmed with it--choosing to ignore it is irrelevant. As for gameplay purposes, most of the Republic CE's play on Order 66. Isn't there even one that says Counts as a character with Order 66?--which you mentioned. Yeah, a little weird.
SignerJ
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 1:59:26 PM

Ordo doesn't have Order 66 because he was a Null ARC. The Null ARCs were pretty much Skirata's private army. They were not so much members of the GAR, but more so freelancers that worked with the Republic because it was served their interests. Even the Jedi acknowledged that.

And the one that says "counts as a character with Order 66" is the Omega Squad ability which, in my opinion, didn't involve the greatest forethought, since the name is so restricting.
Even so, the more I think about it, the more I think that Null ARCs probably should have any way to gain Order 66, due to how independent they were.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 2:01:03 PM

Nevertheless, there are tons of trooper options with Krell, this was just one of my favorites because it used ARCs. They all have similar builds. Krell plus commanders...roll for their troops.
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 2:01:07 PM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

I admit I skimmed it, so I missed that line. Just got to the area where Order 66 was initiated and saw they were programmed with it--choosing to ignore it is irrelevant. As for gameplay purposes, most of the Republic CE's play on Order 66. Isn't there even one that says Counts as a character with Order 66?--which you mentioned. Yeah, a little weird.

I don't know a whole lot about Null ARC Troopers but they may not have been programmed like all the other clones, I know ARCs were given special training above and beyond normal clones and tended to have a little more free will. NULL ARCs were prototypes so maybe there was even less regimented into them. But I do believe that he could have been given an ability like Omega squad of "Null ARC" especially because as you say, the Republic CEs run on Order 66 instead of "Clone" or even just "Trooper."

But then again maybe NULL ARCs don't work so nice with others so they didn't qualify for all CEs...I'm not super familar with them.

EDIT: But it seems like all surving Null ARCs did ignore Order 66 and dessert so maybe it wasn't programmed into them...
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 2:07:01 PM

The Celestial Warrior wrote:
Nevertheless, there are tons of trooper options with Krell, this was just one of my favorites because it used ARCs. They all have similar builds. Krell plus commanders...roll for their troops.

I like ARCs so I still like the squad even without Ordo, and like I mentioned before, a good candidate with Krell seems like it will be Commander Fox...just a shame you can't use him with Queen Amidala to bring in 2 Guard Troopers on a Reserves roll.