RegisterDonateLogin

Do not defy the Bloo Milk, Master, not again.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Under the radar! Options
Chrinch
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 2:07:12 PM
Groups: Member

Just felt like posting this topic because I'm intrigued about what you guys think are some of the most underrated characters in the game or underrated characters that you should use but end up not using for some reason.

Just throwing it out there!
DARPH NADER
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:01:40 PM

Wuher would get my vote, he is a really good piece that I never can quite fit into the base build.
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 3:12:16 PM

Great topic!ThumpUp

I have several favs that I believe were underrated, meaning discounted or never really objectively considered an option.

to start consider Darth Traya
She is one of the best Sith defenders in the game, plus she has a long range Triple attack and Sith Hunger to get her HP back up. All for the bargen price of 36.
Throw in Darth Wyyrlok III and she gets Backlash for an even greater range of attack.

Thoughts?
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 4:03:58 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

ASP-7

Lift is a great ability, and the piece itself has been largely ignored due to its poor stats. This also means your opponent may well ignore it until you hurt them using some of the tricks it enables.

I'd really love to see a sturdier piece with Lift made in a v-set.

Here is an old article showing the types of stuff you can do with it:

The Underrated ASP-7
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 4:21:13 PM

swinefeld wrote:
ASP-7

Lift is a great ability, and the piece itself has been largely ignored due to its poor stats. This also means your opponent may well ignore it until you hurt them using some of the tricks it enables.

I'd really love to see a sturdier piece with Lift made in a v-set.

Here is an old article showing the types of stuff you can do with it:

The Underrated ASP-7

I can't seem to open the link
swinefeld
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 4:35:56 PM

On my Skydrive:
You can download as PDF, perhaps the web app doesn't get along with your device/browser?

http://sdrv.ms/PLSDDO > Holocron > Articles
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 4:53:58 PM

swinefeld wrote:
On my Skydrive:
You can download as PDF, perhaps the web app doesn't get along with your device/browser?

http://sdrv.ms/PLSDDO > Holocron > Articles

That one works, thanks!
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 6:09:45 PM

I'm a big fan of Wicket - traps, plus Stealth, plus an OK fodder shooter for 8 points is a good deal if you ask me.
SignerJ
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 7:37:13 PM

I've known about the usefulness of ASP-7 for a while, but after reading that article, he might become a stable of my squads!

As for Darth Traya... She's an amazing piece, but for some reason, I just don't seem to use her that much. Don't know why.

As for my contribution to the thread... Lumiya, the Dark Lady, maybe? She has so much potential, especially with some of the latest Vsets, but she doesn't seem to get much play.
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 7:41:10 PM

SignerJ wrote:
I've known about the usefulness of ASP-7 for a while, but after reading that article, he might become a stable of my squads!

Do you like to build squads based around Horse Powers?
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 7:53:24 PM

TheHutts wrote:
SignerJ wrote:

Do you like to build squads based around Horse Powers?

I guess he does, especially since he likes a woman with whipsWink
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 7:57:36 PM

TheHutts wrote:
I'm a big fan of Wicket - traps, plus Stealth, plus an OK fodder shooter for 8 points is a good deal if you ask me.

Wickets a good piece I just don't usually leave room for him in my squad. (unless I'm messin around with Ewoks) Good reinforcement piece, but can get overlooked with all the options available. He's great to trigger Impulsive too! Especially since he has a detrimental effect so your opponent ignores him at their own risk. Lord Hoth might get some play with the new Army of Light subfaction, other than him I can't think of that many good pieces were Impulsive abilities are key.
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:03:00 PM

SignerJ wrote:

As for Darth Traya... She's an amazing piece, but for some reason, I just don't seem to use her that much. Don't know why.

As for my contribution to the thread... Lumiya, the Dark Lady, maybe? She has so much potential, especially with some of the latest Vsets, but she doesn't seem to get much play.

same here concerning the ASP! I kinda want to give it a spin, though leaving room will be tough for me...

Traya unfortunately gets overlooked alot, Prehaps it's becuase she doesn't need much boosting? I think we tend to look for squads with good synergy were we focus on boosting each other piece. A good strategy, (1 I tend to focus on) but they can fall pray to squads like Thereisnotry's This Parties Over.

I saw a really nice Lumiya squad awhile back were she benefits from GMA.
Chrinch
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:07:58 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb and say Bobba Fett, Young Mercenary and Gran Raiders. Bobba Fett for his accurate shooting and support role and Gran Raiders because for awhile I didn't have mouse droids or ugnaughts so they were my door control but I found them to be very effective as activation pieces and sneaking up on players.
Echo24
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:14:09 PM

Man, I actually played Traya quite a bit back when she came out. She is an incredibly fun piece.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:46:50 PM

Kaliyo Djannis.

Underrated. Not that good, but way better than she gets credit for. She's rated *really* low, but she's a solid Tier 2 piece. A 40dmg shooter on the move, plus 60dmg against adjacent and up to 100 if they fail the saves. Plus Disruptive. Disrupts her own side, too, but that's moot if you're running a beatstick squad that doesn't need CEs. And the beatsticks should provide enough protection that she can shoot until she can run in for a big adjacent hit.
The Celestial Warrior
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 8:53:55 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Kaliyo Djannis.

Underrated. Not that good, but way better than she gets credit for. She's rated *really* low, but she's a solid Tier 2 piece. A 40dmg shooter on the move, plus 60dmg against adjacent and up to 100 if they fail the saves. Plus Disruptive. Disrupts her own side, too, but that's moot if you're running a beatstick squad that doesn't need CEs. And the beatsticks should provide enough protection that she can shoot until she can run in for a big adjacent hit.

Big +1.
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, January 31, 2014 9:42:25 PM

FlyingArrow is very very good about running Kaliyo and he is the reason why I know she is underrated. She has ruined my day more times than I'd like to count.
jak
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 11:15:47 AM

jawa scavenger- accurate shot, stealth, ion +20, cunning +20 for 13 points.

his low attack needs to beefed up,
AS helps get cunning off, and stealth keeps him around awhile.

in a past game I was able to hit an unactivated GGDAC with both twin attacks dropping him 100 HP, and leaving him to hide to survive the rest of the game Woot
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 3:08:59 PM

+1 to jawa scavenger. It was the tech that was in one of the original squads I helped my buddy build for the first (150 GOWK meta) regionals, so you could snipe R2