RegisterDonateLogin

Is a Sith legend.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Loda Options
Krystomose
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:45:15 PM
Groups: Member

I hate Loda. Officially. What WotC stuff beats that jerk? I was thinking about Vader, Jedi hunter with GA Thrawn. But has to be some other combos.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:50:39 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Krystomose wrote:
I hate Loda. Officially. What WotC stuff beats that jerk? I was thinking about Vader, Jedi hunter with GA Thrawn. But has to be some other combos.

Just about any good melee piece with either Thrawn. The key is to out-activate his squad, move in at the end of the round to attack (using swap). With Master Tactician, attack again at the beginning of the round. With zero melee defense and relatively poor defense for a melee beatstick (given his cost), he goes down pretty easy to a big melee threat. Several Vaders could do the trick... JH, Lord Vader, Scourge.
Cassus fett
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:53:21 PM

Mkay which yoda are we talking about here?
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:53:25 PM

He has little damage output for his cost (40 per round, which is bad from a 70 point piece.....), and no melee defense (although force alter is annoying). Is he getting played with Rieekan?

A melee-focused squad should take him. I imagine GMLS would easily take him one on one. Jedi Weapon Master swarm with General Skywalker and Dash? Vader Scourge on the Jedi would be a really good Vader choice (with Mitt'Thrawn). Kyle Katarn JBM and other big NR Jedi like Kol Skywalker?

@Flying Arrow: Lord Vader might not be the best choice with the Force Defense, but even with Sith Rage/Twin/Opportunist, he would still probably win most of the time?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:56:24 PM

Cassus fett wrote:
Mkay which yoda are we talking about here?

Luke Skywalker and Yoda.
Cassus fett
Posted: Thursday, February 13, 2014 6:59:27 PM

Ah okay, the main problem I see with Loda is the ridiculous amount of force points he can stickpile and just use to screw with you. That 20 defense is nothing special and the attack as well, i'd say the three best factions to take him would be, Sith, Imperial, and New Republic.
adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 8:20:36 AM

Cassus fett wrote:
Ah okay, the main problem I see with Loda is the ridiculous amount of force points he can stickpile and just use to screw with you. That 20 defense is nothing special and the attack as well, i'd say the three best factions to take him would be, Sith, Imperial, and New Republic.

Vong JH's will eat him alive, even in their weakened sub-vset state.

Any solid beat stick will carve him apart. Anakin Skywalker, Champion of Nelvaan, Vader Scourge, Master Lucien Draay, Shado Vao, Dooku LoTDS are all great options.

Shooters can struggle with Loda, but they can also burn through his FP very quickly, as it cost 2 to reflect. If your opponent runs rieeken, then shooting is really a lost cause, and melee attacks are the way to go. Even a cheap piece like Jarael is going to stall him well enough with some decent roles. Don't forget, shooting adjacent ignores evade. A squad like this would mop the floor against most loda squads, methinks:

--Nymcompoop--
71 Darth Vader, Legacy of the Force
48 Nym
32 Thrawn (Mitth'raw'nuruodo)
22 Imperial Governor Tarkin
8 Mas Amedda
4 Gran Raider
6 Rodian Brute x2
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
Krystomose
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 2:21:16 PM

Dig it. Thanks.
I was also thinking to range him with Vader unleashed.
Plus maybe we are playing it wrong, but using force stun 3 times in a row ensures I will be activated. That's mainly why I hate him.
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, February 14, 2014 5:48:19 PM

Force Stun can be annoying, but you should still be able to play around it. Imperial swap squads should do well against it. If you outactivate, then swap a Vader in (still think Vader Scourge is good for this), you should be able to hit him for 80 easily. Then Thrawn wins initiative and you can pull Vader back to safety. Rinse and repeat the following round, and there's a dead Loda.