Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

JA Spoilers! Darth Plagueis, Jedi Crusader and more!!! Options
Tirade
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:52:30 PM
Groups: Member

mercenary_moose wrote:
madslaust wrote:
yodaccm wrote:
Well, it looks like the Old Republic is getting the help everyone has been asking for. Affinity for Malak or Revan....hahaha!

So Darth Malak, DLOTS can be OR?

That's a helluva boost.

Yeah. Malak + Revan = SOME playable pieces for the OR. I am a little disappointed in Plaguelis though. Meh

Sentinel is Roan Fel's new best friend!

How the heck can you be disappointed in Plagueis? He seems to be a darn accurate representation based on what we know. I know I'll gladly take him off your hands if you pull him.
Lobar Aybock
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:21:23 AM

Ahhh...Corruption's not that great. I've never been lucky with it myself. The target gets a save every round and the first one they make totally negates it. It's not really worth it. And then he can spend 2 FP to give a slightly better version of Avoid Defeat basically, which isn't even guaranteed.

I'm not that impressed.

The Sentinel is cool. I wish the Crusader had Mandalorian Hunter.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:43:07 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

(pss...not if you use it on them AFTER they've activated. At least you get one good shot in with it)
Eroschilles
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 3:47:59 AM

Lobar Aybock wrote:
Ahhh...Corruption's not that great. I've never been lucky with it myself. The target gets a save every round and the first one they make totally negates it. It's not really worth it. And then he can spend 2 FP to give a slightly better version of Avoid Defeat basically, which isn't even guaranteed.

I'm not that impressed.

I think corruption is really nice. It does automatic damae and then has a chance to do damage every turn afterward. Only bummer is the range limit, corruption 4 does the auto 40 then has a chance to do 40 every time the targeted character activates.
madslaust
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:06:45 AM

Lobar Aybock wrote:

I'm not that impressed.

When was Avoid Defeat ever guaranteed?
Lobar Aybock
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:39:13 AM

Yeah that's what I mean, it's not guaranteed. I was hoping for something along the lines of Darth Sion's power but able to be used on another fig.
lukey84
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:41:34 AM

i like the thought of giving an ally avoid defeat via plagueis, but they still only have 10 HP which leaves them so close to the edge. i hope the sith can get access to some type of healing unit besides CadeBH and the med droid
strate_jakit
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:43:16 AM

awesome wrote:
xx carna6e xx wrote:
Does anyone think the Krath War Droid would be nice to use with Revan?

NAH, you could get a operative and a guard for him, with a czerka and captain the operative will be at a +12 for 120 because of master tactician so auto cunning.

that may be but an operative with a czerka and a captain is 43points and the operative will die the first time anyone shoots it, the krath won't
strate_jakit
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 4:46:03 AM

lukey84 wrote:
i like the thought of giving an ally avoid defeat via plagueis, but they still only have 10 HP which leaves them so close to the edge. i hope the sith can get access to some type of healing unit besides CadeBH and the med droid

sith don't have much for healing but either of those would still work pretty well and youcan always use a bacta tank too
ken_watson76
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 5:16:27 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
(pss...not if you use it on them AFTER they've activated. At least you get one good shot in with it)

I fail to see how it matters. The damage is still automatic when it is first used, and there's still a chance for it to go away the next time the character activates, whether they've already activated or not.

I agree that Corruption is not as reliable as one might think, especially against Force users. However, I can see how Corruption 30 or 40 could seriously wreck somebody's plan. If I'm counting on activating a character in a given turn, particularly late game, I could lose that character if he's corrupted, thus causing me to also lose the activation. That could really hurt!

Despite that and Essence of Life (which I admit is nice to give a 75% survival to most Sith, provided they still have at least one FP), I'm tempted to think that Plagueis is a little overpriced. And if you play him against a good Accurate shooter squad, you're screwed.
Sithfan
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 5:20:56 AM

Lobar Aybock wrote:
Ahhh...Corruption's not that great. I've never been lucky with it myself. The target gets a save every round and the first one they make totally negates it. It's not really worth it.

I'm not sure if you realize it, but it does do the minimum damage (10,20,30,or 40) right away (no save) but has a possibility of continuing on from round to round with the save. So for 3 force you basically have a 30 damage flamethrower that has a possibility of burning the enemy over time... And if you hit them before they activate you have a possible 60 damae on all of them in a single round. Which is pretty good in my book.

edit: lol, looks like ken_watson76 sees it exactly like myself...
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 5:27:00 AM

Touche...forgot the original damage does not have a save.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:54:47 AM

I forget that with Corruption all the time. Really confused a couple of us with Logray in the IE Release tournaments.

That said, compare Corruption 4 to Force Push 4 or Force Lightning 4. Force Push 4 does only 40 damage, and pushes the unit. If you're really lucky, there's a pit nearby, but most of the time, it just cause them to have to move to attack again. Lightning 4 does 50 damage, so a bit more than Corruption, and has the possibility of activating an enemy. But Corruption 4....40 auto damage, and a 50% chance for AT LEAST another 40 damage. 80 damage will kill just about any piece that costs 40 points or less. And anything that isn't killed by 80 damage...you can just hit them with Corruption AGAIN the following round for the finishing blow. Or just move Plageius up the 6 squares and attack. Corruption is freakin' awesome. And for 40 damage, you might cause someone to blow a FP trying to re-roll it, and then they won't be able to do Assault or some other Force Power on their turn.

It's a great ability, and I'm glad we're getting to see an "Unleashed" version of it here. :D
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 6:58:14 AM

Logray, Unleashed. :)
klecser
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:54:20 AM

Everything you said is true Lobo. I want to add that timing is everything in its use, because losing that 60+ point fig is actually pretty easy. I believe that a skilled payer (like yourself), could pull it off, but that it will take all of your skills to do so.
Lyrek_Galstan
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 7:57:00 AM

I just had a cold sweat looking at those. Finally, the empire has a superheavy whose name does not contain the words "Darth" or "Vader"

Antarian Ranger(s) + General Windu = clonebuster :D

and finally FINALLY! a Jensaarai Defender! The rares I could care less about, with the noted exceptions of my continual annoyance with the spelling on Plagueis' name and the Dark Woman making her belated appearance. Throw in a Xanatos, Hethrir, or Desann and I might be more satisfied
Tirade
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 8:40:16 AM

klecser wrote:
Everything you said is true Lobo. I want to add that timing is everything in its use, because losing that 60+ point fig is actually pretty easy. I believe that a skilled payer (like yourself), could pull it off, but that it will take all of your skills to do so.

Definitely something that requires a degree of skill. But there's nothing wrong with that. It should make for better players.
Lobar Aybock
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 9:22:30 AM

There is the initial damage, and no, I hadn't noticed it was 30 and 40, which isn't bad. But I still don't care for the power. It's 'burning' effect is pretty useless against force users, as someone said.
swmimperial130
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 12:35:00 PM

kenred2 wrote:
mercenary_moose wrote:

Sentinel is Roan Fel's new best friend!

I don't know, I think X-1 Viper Droid is still Roan Fel's best friend

Imperial Knight, +4 AtT
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:04:21 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Having the ability to possibly force a reroll on Corruption is a nasty threat. And remember, rerolls don't mean success. Bane has been trampled by the AT-AT before.

Plagueiss definatly makes Nomi better. Mettle for Rerolls to fight corruption.