RegisterDonateLogin

Has the high ground.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Helping Core Worlds contestants: Good Squads for each Faction Options
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 2:30:13 PM
Groups: Member

We have Core Worlds Open happening tomorrow - http://www.bloomilk.com/Forums/default.aspx?g=posts&t=13925. For those of us who can't make it, do you have recommendations of squads you'd consider? For those of you who haven't seen, for Core Worlds you need 9 different squads, all from different factions.

Does anyone want to post some ideas for squads they might use if they were able to attend - either just in the faction they like, or a whole portfolio of 9 squads?
TheHutts
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:06:24 PM

Great question TheHutts. I'll play! I'd love to play on Monday morning, but it's hard for me. But I didn't want to miss the fun of thinking of squads.

Old Republic - I'd probably do the classic Bastila/Satele/Carth/Atton Jaq build.

Sith - I'd probably run Caedus and shooters. Probably something like Bad GAS. Although Caedus/Bane/Vergere is pretty fun too.

Republic - I've been enjoying GOWK/Mace/Rex/Ferus lately - probably familiarity is a good thing for this kind of competition.

Separatist - I've always wanted to try my Darth Maul on Swoop Bike/Cad Bane Bounty Hunter squad, so maybe that. Probably not the best option, but I don't know what to do with the Lancer neutered.

Rebels - something with Tantive IV Troopers I think. I think they're the best thing Rebels have got all v-sets. I'd cannon something like Han Smuggler or one of the Lukes.

Imperials - maybe skip Imperials. Daala isn't allowed and I'm not very good at Thrawn, and the Cad Bane builds aren't as good with the Czerka Shield Tech around.

Mandos - I haven't played Mandos recently - I think Vindicated, Kelborn, and Fenn are the best three pieces, not sure where to go after that.

New Republic - I guess the GenCon winner with Luke GH, Jarael, and Anakin is a good place to start.

Vong - I'd go with the pure Vong build with Sha'kel, Zenoc Quah, Quednak, Minos, Shedao Shao etc.

Fringe - UrbanShmi's Talon Karrde build with Embo, Dash, Jarael is the way to go, I think.
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:11:56 PM

TheHutts -- It isn't MY Talon Karrde squad, it is UrbanShmi's. Just because I played it doesn't mean anything Flapper

And as far as Seps go. I would just play lancer anyway and say screw you lancer hate and beat it anyway. ThumpUp
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:12:41 PM

As far as Imps --- EWOKS !!!
AndyHatton
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:31:59 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

TheHutts wrote:
Great question TheHutts.

Great Response theHutts! I too would be interested in playing but the week is just too hard for me.

OR: While there is an Old Republic Droid squad I've been messing around with I think I'd probably play the Arkanian Jedi General and Elite Old Republic Soliders EORS

Sith: I played Sith at the PA Regional last year and I didn't plan on playing them again so I haven't been thinking too much for them...I like Bane, but I think I'd like to try a Caedus/Meditation Sphere squad (although FlyingArrow posted a squad which Pawned the Meditation Sphere and that looked super fun!)

Republic: I'm a big fan of a few new Republic Pieces so I think it would be a toss up between some kind of Quinlan Voss and Aalya Secura squad and Commander Fox and the Coruscant Guard. I liked this when I played it so I might try it again Commander Fox's Fun Brigade

Separtist: I also want to try a Maul Swoop/Bane squad! I'd really like to know how that works. But I'm also anxious to try this one: Dark Master of the Assassins

Rebels: This is a squad with all the Rebel Heroes and I'd like to play it for that reason alone: Alliance to Restore the Republic (or a Hero of Endor/Biggs Squad)

Imperials: I've never been the biggest Imperial player but I liked this squad when I played it, it did really well against the Sith squad I was up against: Dark Lord of the Swap

Mandos: Boba's Buddies because it is crazy fun. Or Maul's Death Watch because I really like that Maul.

New Republic: Weeks's Kyp squad I think. It is just brutal.

Vong: I think I've played Vong 3 times and never really got the hang of them...although I do like Sha'Kel so maybe something with him.

Fringe: UrbanShmi's Hat Trick fringe squad with Talon, Embo et al as mentioned above. Seriously, Embo and Talon is an amazing combo. I also have been overly fond of the Bespin subfaction recently.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Sunday, March 2, 2014 8:43:19 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'd just take last season's top 8. (Choose Professor Luke over Kyle - NR was the only faction represented twice.) Then take TINT's Cloaked Mandos and UrbanShmi's Talon/Embo to get to 9. Skip the Vong.