RegisterDonateLogin

Is a little short for a website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

FYI- A new gaming store in Western New York! Options
darthbinks1
Posted: Monday, April 21, 2014 11:09:28 AM
Groups: Member

As some of you know I live 20 minutes south of Buffalo. A new gaming store called: WNY Gaming just opened up. I could hit it with a baseball from my house! It is on Facebook. They have about 8 tables all set for gaming! The owner is a serious magic player, but he told me that there has already been an interest in SWM. He said that he would start to carry inventory and promote tournaments and such if the interest remained there. If anyone (I know a few of you already live local to me) is interested, check it out and maybe pm me for a game there!
christophercook
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:35:30 PM

Who the hell are you? We have been playing for 8 years now in Buffalo area. ????????Confused
harryg
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 5:44:15 PM

I'm sorry that was really funnyBigGrin
darthbinks1
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:48:52 PM

I have been playing SWM for about 2 years now. Just with family and friends. I joined bloo milk about a year ago. I have the wotc game down pat and play multiple factions and squads, but have not gotten into the v-sets yet. I live in the village of Hamburg. My son who is 8, loves and plays swm fairly well. I'm 38. It's something we have been doing together.
christophercook
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:59:57 PM

I just dont understand how you have not come out to one of our tourneys
that Darph Nader has set up over the last 2 years you have been playing. Or that you have not posted anytime you have seen a post about our regional tourneys. We have a regional May 31st. You and your son are more than welcome to play. My son Luke started winning tourneys when he was 8, so your son would fit in just fine. V sets are nothing new or somthing to be afraid of (lol). Im not trying to be a jerk, it just baffles me how we have not met up with you over the last 2 years. By the way I live in Clarence, Gerry lives in Lockport and Steve and Pastor Budwine live right next door to you.
harryg
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:03:03 PM

I don't know guys, that Daala business was pretty terrifying :)
darthbinks1
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:03:46 PM

I have received a few invites over that time. I just haven't been able to make the time and dates work. You know how it is with having children and making schedules work...that's all. Darph Nader was nice enough to reach out to me a few times.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:05:56 PM

Well, its not from lack of trying Cookie. Perhaps at some point our paths will cross.
christophercook
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:12:59 PM

harryg wrote:
I don't know guys, that Daala business was pretty terrifying :)
Yes but it was fixed.
Glad to hear that Gerbear has had contact with you. Get to his place on May 31st, it would be awsome to meet you. Give me your email address. cookluke5150@roadrunner.com If you and your son are interested in gaming, we play (that includes my 8 year old and 16 year old son) a great minis game called Dust warfare and would be happy to meet you at a hobby store and demo it. Google image it. The minis are very cheap and look awesome.

Chris

darthbinks1
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:15:41 PM

What's the Daala business?
harryg
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:22:48 PM

There was a piece that was to powerful. If you look at Admiral Daala, she originally had Rapport for Non-unique Imperial allies. That and the Zygerrian Slaver (who had Slave Driver) led to broken 4 point snow troopers. Long story short, errata fixed it.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:47:26 PM

harryg wrote:
There was a piece that was to powerful. If you look at Admiral Daala, she originally had Rapport for Non-unique Imperial allies. That and the Zygerrian Slaver (who had Slave Driver) led to broken 4 point snow troopers. Long story short, errata fixed it.

And to add to that, the Slaver was proven to be a problem just by itself, when at FrostyCon (Where Daala had a ban), an Ewok slave squad decimated everything in it's path.
harryg
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 8:08:04 PM

Oh yeah forgot about that bit