RegisterDonateLogin

Finding this site was the will of the Force, I have no doubt about that.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

A Canon Tournament Options
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:06:44 PM
Groups: Member

With the official press release from Lucasfilm and Disney about the Expanded Universe, I have been thinking of what a Canon Tournament would look like. What factions would dry up and become non existent. The character that I will miss the most will no doubt be Revan. I hope Dave Filoni will bring him into the Rebels story since he found a way to bring Darth Bane into the fold with the Clone Wars.

Anyways back on point, I wonder what a tournament like this would look like? I have to think Rebels shoot back up to dominance. Also Republic with Skybuck, Naboo garbage, and Gowk/Mace,

Imps get screwed without Pallaeon and Thrawn.

NR loses a lot of characters with the exception of like Han Galactic Hero, the Lukes, R2/C3p0

Sith get to keep Sidious, Plageuis, and Bane, which Sith would now be the sole faction with Swap. Bane/Sid swap might be awesome in this format.

Seps still remain pretty freaking dominant with the Lancers, BX droids, Cad BH, and their Vehicles.

Vong dies, OR dies. Mandos for the most part die.

That being said, I think it's an interesting idea. I'm pretty sold on running a tournament like this. Perhaps on Vassal?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:16:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Call me crazy, but I think OR/Sith/etc are going to be virtually unchanged. Most of that stuff will just be 'adopted' into the new canon. The NR is going to be barveized but most of the main characters will reappear with new storylines: Kyle, Corran, Mara, the twins. Anakin and Ben may be gone. Vong might be gone completely. Jacen might never turn bad, but probably will.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 5:43:35 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think this is an awesome idea! Really cool and fun way to have something different! Love it.

FlyingArrow wrote:
Call me crazy, but I think OR/Sith/etc are going to be virtually unchanged. Most of that stuff will just be 'adopted' into the new canon. The NR is going to be barveized but most of the main characters will reappear with new storylines: Kyle, Corran, Mara, the twins. Anakin and Ben may be gone. Vong might be gone completely. Jacen might never turn bad, but probably will.

I think Vong are totally gone, but I have a feeling we will see some version of the popular characters like FA says, it may not be very similar to what they ended up as, but Kyle and Mara and others have a shot. Kyle would have had a better shot 10 years ago...but I still think he has one.

And totally agree that OR/Old Sith are sticking around (and by proxy the Mandos of that time.)
EmporerDragon
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 7:07:41 PM

The decanonization would also affect Yoda on Kybuck and the Lancer Droids since they are from the first Clone Wars cartoon, not the CGI one.
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, April 29, 2014 8:20:51 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
The decanonization would also affect Yoda on Kybuck and the Lancer Droids since they are from the first Clone Wars cartoon, not the CGI one.

This is true, but since the original Clone Wars tied directly into Episode III, I assumed that it was also considered Canon. It would be nice to have Lucasfilm/Disney to clear that up for the fans.