RegisterDonateLogin

What if I told you that Bloo Milk was now under the control of a dark lord of the Sith?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Competitive OR Squads Options
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, May 6, 2014 2:18:22 PM
Groups: Member

TheHutts wrote:
We have seen a lot more of a meta shake up this year than we have in previous years; Talon Karrde, Daala, and Tantives are all having a big impact, and I think that it's going to realign things a bit. All of those things are bad news for melee Jedi to some extent.

That is very true, but I don't believe any faction can go all melee right now and do well.(besides maybe Vong) The OR do have Bastila though, and Bastilla provides a very good counter for 3 out of 5 main stream squads right now.(Daala, poggle bombs and Talon with Lancer and Tantives being the other). And the OR doesn't have to solely rely on melee either. Not with atton, carth, the OR trooper and some would even say Mira... Or heck, give the right grouping maybe even the Zann Droideka!(not OR but what ever) there soldiers and troopers have some sweet synergy to boot.
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 7:04:33 PM

i think in your
Quote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/140304/bastilas-troopers
squad bastilla doesn't make much sense. You are under utilizing the Arcanian by having her in there. The arcanian can be good on his own, and although bastilla does give board wide disruptive, you loose prideful by having her in the squad, so it is not a great tradeoff in this particular squad.
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 8:21:50 PM

countrydude82487 wrote:
i think in your
Quote:
squad bastilla doesn't make much sense. You are under utilizing the Arcanian by having her in there. The arcanian can be good on his own, and although bastilla does give board wide disruptive, you loose prideful by having her in the squad, so it is not a great tradeoff in this particular squad.

I would disagree, yes you don't get the prideful, but you still have the plus 10dmg from Bastilla. Also, the troopers need the greater mobile and the force valor is quite helpful. In addition, I like not relying on prideful, that way I don't have to hide the AJG in a corner and can, although tentatively, utilize him on offense. Bastilla helps with the squads that would other wise mop the board with the troopers. IE poggle bombs, snow troopers and even a little lancer. Your just missing the 4 attack from prideful, and personally I think that is a decent trade of for disrupting some synergy and balancing the scales.
Darth O
Posted: Wednesday, May 14, 2014 9:13:14 PM

In my opinion, the best OR squads these days will have Valenthyne Farfalla. I played him with Lord Hoth and Lobot at LowerHuttaCon a couple of weeks ago, and the flexibility of 40 points of reinforcements meant I had an answer to everything I faced. OR Rookies against Daala, OR Rocket Jumper against Talon Karrde, Dr. Evazan against Caedus - you name it, I got it.
sharron
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:09:18 PM

Darth O wrote:
In my opinion, the best OR squads these days will have Valenthyne Farfalla. I played him with Lord Hoth and Lobot at LowerHuttaCon a couple of weeks ago, and the flexibility of 40 points of reinforcements meant I had an answer to everything I faced. OR Rookies against Daala, OR Rocket Jumper against Talon Karrde, Dr. Evazan against Caedus - you name it, I got it.

He had the fries that'll bust yo eyes.. He had the shakes that'll make you quake.. He had the burgers..... He just had burgers!
sharron
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 4:17:19 PM

Has anyone tried tot donnetta? This squad seems to do pretty well, although I haven't played it into the ground :p

Bastilla
Tot donnetta
Morrigan
Dray
Lobot
Nexu
Dark helion on swoop bike
Watto
Ugnaught

Give the swoop bike savage and SD20, then give it mount. Next turn give the nexu mount. Mount dray and morrigan, morrigan can do 60 with Bastilla on, and dray can give her another 60 with vision. And dray with bravado and Bastilla and lightning is monstrous. Could it handle things like Daala? Maybe, if played really well. Bring in Momaw against raxus and mount him to the bike. Plus you count squares from the bike so you get more range ;) just a thought
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 5:21:17 PM

atmsalad wrote:
countrydude82487 wrote:
i think in your
Quote:

I would disagree, yes you don't get the prideful, but you still have the plus 10dmg from Bastilla. Also, the troopers need the greater mobile and the force valor is quite helpful. In addition, I like not relying on prideful, that way I don't have to hide the AJG in a corner and can, although tentatively, utilize him on offense. Bastilla helps with the squads that would other wise mop the board with the troopers. IE poggle bombs, snow troopers and even a little lancer. Your just missing the 4 attack from prideful, and personally I think that is a decent trade of for disrupting some synergy and balancing the scales.

I think Oteg, Bastila and the Arkanian JG is a valid squad type wif you are using the ORT's. The Attack and Damage arn't bad and you still have mobile Troopers but with Board wide disruption
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:36:40 PM

sharron wrote:
Has anyone tried tot donnetta? This squad seems to do pretty well, although I haven't played it into the ground :p

Bastilla
Tot donnetta
Morrigan
Dray
Lobot
Nexu
Watto
Ugnaught

Give the swoop bike savage and SD20, then give it mount. Next turn give the nexu mount. Mount dray and morrigan, morrigan can do 60 with Bastilla on, and dray can give her another 60 with vision. And dray with bravado and Bastilla and lightning is monstrous. Could it handle things like Daala? Maybe, if played really well. Bring in Momaw against raxus and mount him to the bike. Plus you count squares from the bike so you get more range ;) just a thought

I have toyed with the idea of using tot and some other pilots, mainly atton, in a squad together. I never thought about slaving somebody like the swooper, pretty creative idea.
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:38:46 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
atmsalad wrote:
countrydude82487 wrote:
i think in your
Quote:

I think Oteg, Bastila and the Arkanian JG is a valid squad type wif you are using the ORT's. The Attack and Damage arn't bad and you still have mobile Troopers but with Board wide disruption

A lot of people have mixed opinions about oteg, why do you think he is a viable option?
sharron
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 6:41:05 PM

atmsalad wrote:
sharron wrote:

Bastilla
Tot donnetta
Morrigan
Dray
Lobot
Nexu
Watto
Ugnaught

I have toyed with the idea of using tot and some other pilots, mainly atton, in a squad together. I never thought about slaving somebody like the swooper, pretty creative idea.

That was Dr Damans idea, I had thought of watto and tot, but not the bike. My original squad didn't have watto and the bike, and had 22 points left to flesh out the squad. I just couldn't find anything that quite fitted the bill, possibly a klat and filler? Ha. But the double mount idea is pretty wicked, crazy movement.
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 7:01:45 PM

sharron wrote:
atmsalad wrote:
sharron wrote:

Bastilla
Tot donnetta
Morrigan
Dray
Lobot
Nexu
Watto
Ugnaught

That was Dr Damans idea, I had thought of watto and tot, but not the bike. My original squad didn't have watto and the bike, and had 22 points left to flesh out the squad. I just couldn't find anything that quite fitted the bill, possibly a klat and filler? Ha. But the double mount idea is pretty wicked, crazy movement.

No joke, choose a nice open map and you can get to there commanders no problem.
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:10:39 PM

atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 8:19:28 PM

I think just about any Thon builds need the covenant executor so he can have force leap. Super helpful against daila to take out palleon, tantives with their pilot heavy hitters and fringe going for either talon or some other heavy hitter. It allows for some great unpredictability. I like the idea of having zam on thons back, I brought that up a while ago, but I think if you are relying on the senators so much you might consider using a squib to give zam relay orders.