RegisterDonateLogin

Surrounds us. Penetrates us. Binds the galaxy together.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

How to hold a regional? Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, June 6, 2014 2:00:34 PM
Groups: Member

Does anyone know the process or requirements to hold a regional? Us Northern Alberta types are looking at holding one in Edmonton and have a good number of players. Just want to check into what is needed to make it official, and can it just be held at a house?
DARPH NADER
Posted: Friday, June 6, 2014 2:07:37 PM

Herr General...

The recent WNY Regional was held at my home as well as past events. To be honest I like the flexibility of not being pressed for time at a LGS. Given the current state of the game we need more not less regional and formal SWM events, therefore I can't imagine why your Regional wouldn't be recognized as such. I would recommend you review the lead posts in this and past year Regionals to frame out prize support and framework i.e. map list/s etc...

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, June 6, 2014 6:39:05 PM

Nice I will follow that format and get one started to represent the Canadian Northern players.
leshippy
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 8:24:32 AM

What generally is classified as a regional is the winner gets a 4 day pass to Gencon and entrance into the Championship tournament. Roughly a $90 value. This is also why we have all the regaionals done by the end of June. The 4 Day badge price goes up by $10 after that. Each player pays $15 and we figure that with 8 players you can cover the $90.

Here in Indiana we have the regional worked into a "Star Wars weekend" It starts Friday night with a casual tournament. This year we played Royal Rumble. Then Saturday was restricted 200 points for the regional followed by Epic fantastic 4. Then Sunday we did a Xwing tournament. It helps the shop that host this event has a co-owner that is also a player of SWM.