RegisterDonateLogin

Every single Jedi, including your friend Bloo Milk, is now an enemy of the Republic!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Which map do you like the least?
Choice Votes Statistics
Cloud City 2 20.000000 %
Night Club 1 10.000000 %
Peaceful City 1 10.000000 %
Theed Palace 2 20.000000 %
Off World Shipping Center 0 0.000000 %
Off World Cargo Docks 4 40.000000 %
Great Library 0 0.000000 %

Lets talk about Map list A Options
atmsalad
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 4:51:37 PM
Groups: Member

This thread is to talk about the tactics of each map on list A. What squads types will do best and which maps you should steer clear off. Also I want to know what every bodies favorite and least favorite maps are. Polls are my new favorite thing, lol, so the poll is for which map is your least favorite. ThumbDown Please refrain from bashing them, but I do want to know why. ThumpUp
Deathwielded
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 5:25:41 PM

I Detest the Cargo docks and Shipping Center. Too confusing to me. I avoid playing them.
Night Club is good fun, but not much cover unless your mobile or GMA.
Cloud City is okay.
I haven't played on the Great Library yet.
Theed Palace I think is my favorite. Great contention on the center.

Keep doing these polls! They are good and educational
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 6:01:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Night Club is really wide open - surprised it was added back to the Restricted List.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 6:15:32 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Night Club is really wide open - surprised it was added back to the Restricted List.

Back in the WOTC days, it was one of the more argued about maps whether it should make it or not. If someone can find a way to abuse it, it will probably come back off, but I don't think it is any worse than some of the other maps on the list AND it is a WOTC maps giving more choices to those who only want to use WOTC maps.
Darth O
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 6:28:41 PM

My favourite is Peaceful City, because gambit is easy to reach in round 1 for both sides and it encourages strategic use of door control.
TheHutts
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 6:30:26 PM

Out of the three map lists, this is the one that I'm least acquainted with - I have all of the maps on both of the other lists, but only 4 of these, and I've never even played a game on Nightclub or Cargo Docks. So I'm abstaining from voting for a least favourite.

Peaceful City, Theed, and Great Library are all really good though, so there are good maps to choose from, but I would shy away from running a tournament with this maplist, as I think other people in our group are probably in the same boat as I am, with not many maps from this list.
atmsalad
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 7:45:51 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
I Detest the Cargo docks and Shipping Center. Too confusing to me. I avoid playing them.
Night Club is good fun, but not much cover unless your mobile or GMA.
Cloud City is okay.
I haven't played on the Great Library yet.
Theed Palace I think is my favorite. Great contention on the center.

Keep doing these polls! They are good and educational

The cargo docks and the shipping center are pretty rough in my opinion. Cloud city was the first map I ever played on so it has always been a favorite, but I would never take it to a tournament. The great library is very unique, you should give it a whirl. Thanks man! I plan on it, they are helping me learn a lot! ThumbsUp
atmsalad
Posted: Friday, July 18, 2014 7:50:40 PM

Darth O wrote:
My favourite is Peaceful City, because gambit is easy to reach in round 1 for both sides and it encourages strategic use of door control.

I think peaceful city has always been one of the favorites. It's the most aesthetically pleasing in my opinion and both sides of the map provide areas to hide your commanders in addition to protecting your troops in the early rounds. The center is probably my favorite part with the doors being so critical and providing a great area of engagement for the skirmish.
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:47:30 AM

TheHutts wrote:
Out of the three map lists, this is the one that I'm least acquainted with - I have all of the maps on both of the other lists, but only 4 of these, and I've never even played a game on Nightclub or Cargo Docks. So I'm abstaining from voting for a least favourite.

Peaceful City, Theed, and Great Library are all really good though, so there are good maps to choose from, but I would shy away from running a tournament with this maplist, as I think other people in our group are probably in the same boat as I am, with not many maps from this list.

As of now I am not super familiar with any of the map lists. The ones I have played the most from this list are cloud city, peaceful city and the great library. I am going to get some practice on night club and Theed before gencon though. As for cargo docks and shipping center I just hope I don't play on it, lol
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 7:48:28 AM

TheHutts wrote:

As of now I am not super familiar with any of the map lists. The ones I have played the most from this list are cloud city, peaceful city and the great library. I am going to get some practice on night club and Theed before gencon though. As for cargo docks and shipping center I just hope I don't play on it, lol
countrydude82487
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:46:36 AM

i had to go with Off world Cargo Docks. Mostly because It is a pain to figure out and navigate. Dont get me wrong, i do alright on this map, i just feel it is a bit to busy for the restricted list.
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, July 19, 2014 11:57:48 AM

countrydude82487 wrote:
i had to go with Off world Cargo Docks. Mostly because It is a pain to figure out and navigate. Dont get me wrong, i do alright on this map, i just feel it is a bit to busy for the restricted list.

+1
atmsalad
Posted: Monday, July 21, 2014 6:57:00 AM

Bump