RegisterDonateLogin

For best taste, drink before 140 ABY.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The new Cade needs Errata Options
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:13:48 PM
Groups: Member

I am sorry but he should not be able to give out Twin since he doesn't have it. All the other pieces that give out SA have it. I know in the past even Designers had to change their Ideas because the character didnt give it out.

There needs to be rules. Pieces shouldn't be able to just give out anything they want.

Jon
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:18:17 PM

Not true.

CS Durge gives out momentum and doesn't have it.

GAW Rodian Trader gives out heal and grenades and doesn't have either one.

And those are just two WOTC pieces off the top of my head. I am sure I could find others.

TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:20:20 PM

His damage would be fairly ridiculous with double/twin/dark temptation; he'd be attacking unique Sith at +25 for 50s four times.
Echo24
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:22:51 PM

There actually is one good reason that all characters giving out abilities should have that ability. What do you think that is, Jonny? What is your specific reasoning as to why this is bad? Because the only reason you've given is "because that's the way it should be", which holds absolutely no weight.

(There are plenty of potential reasons why a character shouldn't have what they give out, so it's reasonable when it happens. Just making clear that I actually think it's fine that Cade doesn't have Twin, because the reasons for him not to have it are better than the reason for him to have it)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:25:44 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Saves space on the card...
Echo24
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:28:47 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:

It doesn't actually save space, but it does make it much more readable. But yeah, that's the only good reason, and it isn't such a big deal to be cast in stone.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:30:18 PM

This is a real big deal all other pieces that had Camaraderie also have the SA they give out. This has nothing to do with cade it has to do with rules that you guys as designers made for yourself and you are breaking them.

I also know that pieces were changed in the past because they gave out a SA via Camaraderie but didnt have it.

So now any piece can give out any SA they want?

So why do all the other pieces that have Camaraderie have the SA they give out. Again this has nothing to do with the piece.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:30:25 PM

Echo24 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

It doesn't actually save space, but it does make it much more readable. But yeah, that's the only good reason, and it isn't such a big deal to be cast in stone.

It saves space if you're comparing giving out an ability he has (that doesn't have to be defined) versus an ability he doesn't have (that would have to be defined).

But you're right - it doesn't save space to add another ability to him.
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:30:36 PM

while in the past I would have agreed with you.... I do not here. It is clear the designers are trying to do what people have asked, and make some old pieces better without replacing them. Using Cade to make Jariah and Deliah were both in need of help drastically and twin just makes them immediately better. Maybe he doesn't have twin for gameplay/balance issues, i like double on him more myself so i can dark temptation and shoot more stuff and spread the damage as opposed to being stuck with twin.

^*Edit^*
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:31:57 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
If anything i would think people should be complaining about a 14 point new republic piece that can shut down force powers in 6 square area. This game did not need even more force/jedi hate.

It shuts down Force Abilities right? So Bastila, Atris etc - not anywhere near as extreme.

Jonnyb815 wrote:
This is a real big deal

Echo24
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:32:23 PM

Jonnyb815 wrote:
This is a real big deal all other pieces that had Camaraderie also have the SA they give out. This has nothing to do with cade it has to do with rules that you guys as designers made for yourself and you are breaking them.

I also know that pieces were changed in the past because they gave out a SA via but didnt have it.

If it's balanced, why not? What SPECIFICALLY is your reasoning against it?
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:32:52 PM

Eh, it's not that big of a deal to me. I more upset about getting railed by palps reborn in the future... Lol
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:33:39 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:
If anything i would think people should be complaining about a 14 point new republic piece that can shut down force powers in 6 square area. This game did not need even more force/jedi hate.

It shuts down Force Abilities right? So Bastila, Atris etc - not anywhere near as extreme.

oh man i thought it meant any force power.... read it WAAAYYYY WRONG thanks for pointing that out BigGrin

^quickly goes and edits post^ sorry guys... carry on lol.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:34:44 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Deaths_Baine wrote:

Correct. Force Abilities, not Force Powers.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:35:15 PM

Echo24 wrote:
Jonnyb815 wrote:

I also know that pieces were changed in the past because they gave out a SA via but didnt have it.

If it's balanced, why not? What SPECIFICALLY is your reasoning against it?

Because there were rules set when the SA was made. I will PM more.
AndyHatton
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:35:31 PM

Kyndra Draay gives out an ability she doesn't have, this is not the first time this has happend. I'm not sure I see the big deal.
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:36:37 PM

Camaraderie is a v-set designed SA (I think?). No reason why the designers can't use it in whatever way they want.

Jonnyb815 wrote:
This is a real big deal

Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:39:50 PM

I for one am grateful to the designers for this. in the past they have been so stuck on what Wizards did and what other designers did things had to be changed to fit. Glad to see someone take the this is our game approach and if they need this ability to be better and it makes sense for that person to be the one to give it to them great.
Deathwielded
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:41:18 PM

I don't really think him handing out Twin as that big of a deal. I mean I suppose you could swap out Double Attack for twin, but then that would mess up Wolf's Camaraderie. (backlash) Twin makes the targets better (not necessarily good enough to be used)

What would you suggest he hand out instead of Twin Johnny?

As for Kol, I personally really like him, ( I just wish we got an OR Force Spirit lol) as I see it Force Control would be mainly used against Bastila. (which I think many people would be happy about)
Anything else it would mess up?

Anyways I totaly agree, we shouldn't be punishing force users, but consider this: This guy is a FORCE Spirit, who needs to be attached to a FORCE using character. This is simply a case of Force user vs force user, not nerfing all force users like say Ylsimiri. (or however you spell it lol) In that frame of thought you should be railing against any new characters with Force Absorb or Force Defense, cus they hurt force users far more. Besides the New Republic is a force user dominated faction, so I doubt they would roll over and become a force hating faction
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Tuesday, July 29, 2014 6:43:02 PM

Deathwielded wrote:
I don't really think him handing out Twin as that big of a deal. I mean I suppose you could swap out Double Attack for twin, but then that would mess up Wolf's Camaraderie. (backlash) Twin makes the targets better (not necessarily good enough to be used)

What would you suggest he hand out instead of Twin Johnny?

As for Kol, I personally really like him, ( I just wish we got an OR Force Spirit lol) as I see it Force Control would be mainly used against Bastila. (which I think many people would be happy about)
Anything else it would mess up?

Anyways I totaly agree, we shouldn't be punishing force users, but consider this: This guy is a FORCE Spirit, who needs to be attached to a FORCE using character. This is simply a case of Force user vs force user, not nerfing all force users like say Ylsimiri. (or however you spell it lol) In that frame of thought you should be railing against any new characters with Force Absorb or Force Defense, cus they hurt force users far more. Besides the New Republic is a force user dominated faction, so I doubt they would roll over and become a force hating faction

I read it wrong when I first read it, I thought it was all force powers, I edited my post