RegisterDonateLogin

Blootini!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Lah-Da-Quah (Using V-Set 8) Options
DonStamos
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:22:21 PM
Groups: Member

I was going to post this in one of the spoiler threads, but I figured it'd work better here. I wanted to build a squad based on the Lah Warriors (and partly because I like the name's double meaning ;-), but I'm finding it a little more difficult thanks to the fact that the Vong add up quick.

Here's what I've got so far:

63 Warmaster Tsavong Lah
37 Prefect Da'Gara
28 Zenoc Quah
19 Warrior Caste Subcommander
15 Yammosk War Coordinator
14 Shaper Adept
10 Domain Lah Warrior
10 Domain Lah Warrior
04 Yuuzhan Vong Worker
200 pts
9 acts/11 w/Reinforcements

Reinforcements: 20 - 2x Domain Lah Warrior
Reserves: 20 - 2x Domain Lah Warrior -OR- 5x Zonama Sekot Scouts (if having trouble with doors)

It's low-activation, but if I understand the War Coordinator right, there are buffs galore.

Lah gives Momentum
Subcommander gives Warriors Thud/Razor Bug and Mobile Attack
Adept gives Corrosive Acid (which if I understand it right, makes the Bugs really useful)
Quah gives the entire squad an attack buff, Evade, +10 damage (Shaper) and gives everybody but the Warriors (and possible Scout reserves) Jedi Hatred for even more damage (does that work on the Bugs?)
Coordinator makes the buffs boardwide, plus an opposing CE.

Reinforcements chosen to capitalize on Warrior buffs.
Both Quah and Da'Gara can help take care of door issues.

Probably going to be weak vs high activations and shooters, but it's a squad that I get more and more interested in trying the more I look at it.

What do you guys think? Definitely open to improvements, since I'm not sure if it'll be a pile o'crap in practice or not, but seems nasty in theory.
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:33:04 PM

You can't really afford to spend on the Subcommander and the Shaper Adept, if you're already paying for Momentum and Shaper - which is where I think you need to go with this build since you're paying for Lah. Yammosk is necessary, and Zenoc Quah is probably a good idea for evade, as you definitely need some sort of Shaper, but after that I think lots of Warriors and maybe an Advance Agent Officer are the way to go.
DonStamos
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:41:35 PM

Should they just be replaced with 2 more Lah Warriors or should I look at another Shaper bonus?
TheHutts
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:46:28 PM

I think the essentials are:
63 Warmaster Tsavong Lah
A Shaper?
15 Yammosk War Coordinator

You definitely need all this, so after that I'm not sure. A Domain Lah Subaltern for Rolling Cleave is probably a good idea, but then you double up on the attack boost with Zenoc Quah. Advance Agent Officer is good, Quednak is good.

DonStamos
Posted: Thursday, July 31, 2014 4:49:39 PM

It's probably pretty obvious I haven't played much lately, lol, that's why I'm so clueless about how to build this squad. I got a Yobuck way back when but I never did try a strafe squad, maybe I could build a variant that has the Quednak in it to try out, too.

My original idea with the Subcommander/Adept was to give the Warriors/Tsavong some ranged attack options til I could get them close enough to attack. Based on your suggestions, I'm guessing since I'm dropping so much on Tsavong, I should just go all-in on crossing the map into melee range?
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, August 1, 2014 9:21:11 AM

I'd really look into Quorreal. He's too good to deny.

30 pts seems like a lot at first, but really he's a steal. That way if you face droids, you can bring in a shaper adept (don't put one in your base). If you're facing major defense - bring the subcommander for blastbugs.

Also - the fact that he gives aggressive negotiations to his reinforcements is HUGE!

Also he gives a -1 cost to anyone he brings in. So in the end his net cost is 4-9 points SO worth it
sharron
Posted: Sunday, August 10, 2014 6:47:17 PM

I'd look at the shai subaltern too, he's a lot of points, but you really make the most of speed 8 with xharging, and double twin when stationary is great for the warriors. If you can fit the 29 points, rock it.
Sthlrd2
Posted: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 5:01:53 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
I'd really look into Quorreal. He's too good to deny.

30 pts seems like a lot at first, but really he's a steal. That way if you face droids, you can bring in a shaper adept (don't put one in your base). If you're facing major defense - bring the subcommander for blastbugs.

Also - the fact that he gives aggressive negotiations to his reinforcements is HUGE!

Also he gives a -1 cost to anyone he brings in. So in the end his net cost is 4-9 points SO worth it

+1. Quorreal is way to good to pass up. Quorreal is in every Vong squad I make. Him giving Aggressive Negotiations is huge. It gives you a way of activation control with ZS Scouts who also have door control built in with firejelly.

I'd take out Da'Gara for Quorreal and save yourself 7 points. Take out the Shaper Adept and make room for more warriors.