RegisterDonateLogin

Smells marginally better than the inside of a tauntaun.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GenCon 6th place Options
juice man
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2014 4:28:24 PM
Groups: Member

First, every squad I played against looked nasty and difficult to beat. Don't know if that is a rookie thing or not. So, my squad :
--Beyond Annoying--
23 Crix Madine, SpecForce Commander
21 Marn Hierogryph
19 Princess Leia, Rebel Commando
18 Major Bren Derlin
75 SpecForce Wilderness Fighter x5
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
9 R2-D2 with Extended Sensor
12 Ugnaught Demolitionist x4

(200pts. 16 activations)

First game vs. UrbanShmi, her map- Cantina, squad Talon, Embo, Dash, other stuff, me on left side. My strategy in all my games was run forward and see if my opponents could kill the Wilderness guys. First round positioning, second rnd I get a crit on Talon.....bodyguard Sneaky , then another crit (love that yellow die) then miss a shot to kill him (I think). 3rd rnd Talon wisely goes elsewhere Embo sets up for BAD THINGS, Leia moves forward a little for a possible 40 dam first shot. Laura loses init moves Embo up Liea miss Embo, retreats, but not far enough. (forgot Force point) Embo kills Leia and now is in my back field. Talon is now protected by Dash and if I get too close, Disruptive. Embo kills my leaders. Loss 0-3.

Second game vs. UrbanJedi his map, Jabbas Palace, squad Thrawn, Accurate Handmaidens, other stuff, me on right side. This was a very fun game, lost the first one and thought "that's it". We both ran forward to shoot it out, I saw he was going to end around for the commanders and move all but Leia to the top. Hoping she can shoot that tempting Maid and kill it with a 40pt Cunning. Yes! Get my chance, Atris is doing her thing Leia shoots - misses, remembering her FP's she re-rolls - misses.Crying He is going for my leaders (bye-bye Leia) so do I chase after or....go for his. More fun going for his. Atris comes out to deal and goes under, my leaders base a Maid and it goes. Win 3-3

Third vs. Leshippy his map (really???) Offworld Cargo Docks, squad Durge on Speeder, Cad Bane Bounty Hunter, Asajj Ventress (forget which), Rodian Assassin, other stuff. I bring in a Buzz Droid with this one. Run my guys to gambit, Les looks at them and says, "you're just putting them right out there" He attacks with Durge, damages two. (their defense makes him say "what?") I shoot Durge twice for +16/30, he runs up some interference, it gets killed, Durge gets another 30. I run the Buzz Droid up 12 to attack Durge (can't do that) and we both discover the the Buzz blows up when it gets adjacent, 20 damage on Durge - he is gone. Cad Bane comes down discovers the 29 defense in cover of the Wild guys gets close and they have 21 def. Kills one it comes back, and he decides to take out the squad support (uggies). So Cad the evil is trying to kill uggies. I think I killed Asajj. Win 5-3

Game 4 vs fingersandteeth (guess who's map) his map Commanders Office, squad Greiv on Tuna Bike, HK-47, Lobot, Sniper and shield droid, other stuff. Think Marn kept him from a 10 mouse dump. I bring in a Buzz. This squad looks mean and there was some maybe "crop dusting" going on this game. Run my guys up he runs the big G to that office and opens the door to the corridor, not knowing what else to do, I run the Buzz Droid up to G and blow up. Deri fails the next two Malfunctioning saves. That gives me time to kill fodder, HK and the Snipe/Shield team (I think). Win 7-3

Game 5 - TheSlinger0056 he wins mapMad but thinks my map looks interesting and picks itHuh Peaceful City, squad - basic Rebel with several SpecForce Infiltrators. Both run forward and he realizes my Evade is wicked so we "run up and punch each other in the face with guns" (love that quote of his) he brings Leia up, I take a chance and kill her. Carnage, win 10-3

Champs vs Weeks 130 point armored, disruptive, Resol'nareing, monster total domination, death, destruction. But I lost to the CHAMP! (yes, that's right, it took the champ to knock me out let me have my little fantasy )

It was fun and I'm not checking this for grammatical errors.
DarkDracul
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2014 7:29:05 PM

Excellent work! and you did it with a very unique and creative squad. Congrats!
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2014 8:18:44 PM

nice write-up and man were those guys annoying to try and kill.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2014 8:21:04 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Great write-up and congrats!
Weeks
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2014 8:35:49 PM

It was great to finally meet you. MandaloreV/Kelborn is a tough matchup for that team for sure. I love that you took Bren to the top 8. Well played and executed.
swinefeld
Posted: Saturday, August 23, 2014 8:36:47 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

FlyingArrow wrote:
Great write-up and congrats!

ditto
urbanjedi
Posted: Sunday, August 24, 2014 7:27:07 PM

yes, great squad and great write-up
jak
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 3:50:11 PM

what a pile o crap!!!LOL 8===D~

you'd have gotten NO where without beating my hot a$$ more often that I can countWink
juice man
Posted: Monday, August 25, 2014 4:33:02 PM

jak wrote:
you'd have gotten NO were without beating my hot a$$ more often that I can countWink
No lycanthropy here. I did enjoy playing against your Walker squad. The champs was the only format we didn't play each other in.
jak
Posted: Monday, August 3, 2015 6:33:31 AM

bump

got tired of the Daala post, sorry ATM