RegisterDonateLogin

Forget Jawa Juice--that's soo Clone Wars-era.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

LEGENDS Vassal Release Tourney Play Reports (Round 1) Options
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 7:44:56 PM
Groups: Member

Hey everyone! I'm sharing a playtest report for my game from the 1st round of the LEGENDS tournament, and I figured I'd go ahead and make a thread where everyone may feel free to post their own, so everyone can see them and keep up with what's going on around the tourney as games are completed BigGrin

I look forward to reading the reports from you guys! BlooMilk
pegolego
Posted: Tuesday, September 16, 2014 8:06:47 PM

So anyway, my first game looked like this:

--Revenge of the Sith--
Darth Maul, Instrument of Fear (Legends) 47
Quinlan Vos, Double Agent (V-set AS) 39
Darth Sidious (CS) 36
Sora Bulq (V-set AS) 33
General Whorm Loathsom (GaW) 20
R7 Astromech Droid (GaW) x2 16
Mouse Droid (IE) 3
Ugnaught Demolitionist (CotF) x2 6

I was facing Amadeus and his Separatist squad which included the TN Durge and Bossk, as well as 4-Lom, BH, led by Cad Bane, BH. He had Lobot and reinforced with Dr. Evazan, GC.

Map roll went to Amadeus, one of the few rolls that went his way the whole game. I took Charging Fire +10 with Con Artist for Quinlan. I setup on the left side of his map, which was Theed Palace, he setup on the right.

Round 1, I won initiative, we moved towards the middle of the board. Neither scored gambit this round.

Round 2, Amadeus won initiative this time. I moved Sora Bulq in after a few phases, lightsaber throwing an Ugnaught in the process to open up a place to move in Maul. Amadeus took several shots at Sora with his other characters (hitting most if not all of them) but I believe I made ALL of the Soresu saves (Scared), though I had to reroll some to do so. I then proceeded to Pawn Maul and move him up into position to Sweep a Mouse, Rodian, Bossk and Durge. As my last act, I did so, dealing 40 to all of the above (only 10 to the 3 point ones, of course), with Shii-Choo helping immensely. Cad Bane took some shots at Maul/Sora/Quin with Furious, but I believe Quin was the only one who took any damage (40) from this barrage, due to Soresu.

Round 3, I won the initiative check, and elected to go 2nd in order to get more damage out when my turn did come around. Amadeus shot at Maul with 4-LOM. One shot missed, the 2nd was a CRIT (one of what was eventually quite a few untimely critical hits by Amadeus this round lol, but I had my share of 20's to, they just happened to mostly fall on Soresu saves), which would have been 60(!) damage, but I saved it and the Paralysis save as well. I then proceeded to finish hit Durge with Sith Rage, but he made one of his Shields saves (he had failed both last round, so he now had 10 HP left), and so I had a bit of a dilemma... I ultimately elected to use Sora's LS Throw to take him out from a safe distance and hopefully save Maul's 'extra turn' with Sidious' PotDS for more potential damage later. I killed Durge, but things then took an unexpected twist...

Bossk, Wookiee Hunter took his turn. I DO have 24 Defense from Shii-Choo still at this point, so I wasn't overly concerned, until BAM! Critical hit on the first roll. Well, that's just 30 Damage with Shii-Choo I say, so ok. But it didn't stop there. The Twin Attack missed, so things were still looking pretty good, until he took the next shot... ANOTHER Critical hit! And on the hit that counted for Rend +10 no less, 40 damage shot this time, Maul was feeling the pain now. The last attack hit as well, but it ultimately was irrelevant (Dr. Evazan made sure of that lol), as the not-so-good Dr. came in and attempted an ultimately-fatal surgery on Darth Maul in an effort to repair his missing lower half. I was left with Quinlan Vos in range to do anything, so I charged in and was able to kill Bossk off. Cad Bane then made a Furious final effort, but it was ultimately futile, as my gang was left hanging on for dear life, but with it's life mostly intact.

Final score: pego 81, Amadeus 50 (he wasn't able to get any Gambit, and I don't blame him, with all these scary Dark Jedi in that room!).

It was a hard fought game that was ultimately very close. I had the Force (and dice lol) on my side for most of the match it seemed, giving my melee-beats a good opportunity to reach his shooters, but a few crits very nearly became my undoing. Amadeus was a great sport, and I think we both had fun! It was great to see so many of our favorite characters on a competitive table, without having to carry around 20 acts and such nonsense (both had only 10 activations in our squad, though he added 2 with reinforcements).

Good game buddy, and good luck throughout the rest of the tourney! Smile

1-0, 2 points.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:20:31 AM

Can we get this moved to the main thread for the LEGENDS, Vassal Release Event? Just so we can keep everything together. Thanks admins!
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:22:17 AM

If you want, I can just delete my post and copy/paste it there? Then an admin can just remove the thread.
theultrastar
Posted: Wednesday, September 17, 2014 5:28:29 AM

Yeah that works too! Thanks pego!
Deathwielded
Posted: Thursday, September 18, 2014 5:44:42 AM

So me and Deaths_Baine had our match last night.
I was running New Republic
60 Corran Horn, Jedi Master
48 Luke Skywalker, Galactic Hero
29 Ganner Rhysode
28 Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler
14 Charda Fan Hacker
10 Jagged Fel
8 R7 Astromech Droid
3 Mouse Droid

and he ran Republic with the New Shaak Tii
Quinlan Vos
Aayla Secura
Doombot
Commander Fox
Dr Evazan GC
New Hacker
and 2 Spaartii's

Deaths_Baine let me pick map and I chose Ancherhead with me on the left and him on the right.
First Round we both head for the center and Fox was able to get into position to deliver 2 shots at Luke GH, but Both missed. I saw he was clumping up his forces at that upper door so I had put Luke into great Position to Lightsaber throw. But end of Round after I had exhausted all my pieces he used a Hacker to close that door.
Round 3 began with my trying to figure out the best way to get that door open. DB won Int and let me go first so I used my Hacker to open that door, hoping that I could next phase Levitate Luke into great position to get off a Ataru Master Lightsaber throw on 5 people. (wouldve been great!) but he used his hacker to lock me out again. So my next thought was to use my R7 to open the door but because of how I was setup the R7 was the guy who had overode that first door open ansd thus I would need him to hold both doors for that to work, but if I did Deaths_Baine could easily take him out with Shaak ti or Fox. So I bidded my time and had Corran and a Mouse Flank him going down from the bottem doorway. I figured I would have him there as a target to hopefully draw him out or as a Deterrent and threat for next round. Huge Mistake on my part. Deaths_Baine took advantage of my over extended piece to Tow Aayla down and Force Pull Corran over to her side of the map. (Very Clever way around his Jedi Reflexes BTW)Getting a Hit as she did so. (I thought the setup was great as I wouldn't be able to Levitate Luke to anywhere were I could both hit Aayla or Doombot without being within 6 from both of them thus Negating my Ataru Mastery) But after attacking he had her move to a more safer position taking 30 damage as she did so. My turn I retaliate with Dash who kills Doombot. Then he had Quinlan come down with the GMA he Conned away from Luke to deliver a Devastating Salvo with Ataru Mastery, Assassin for 4 attacks that would deal 120 damage, which is how much hp Corran had left. Moving adjacent I got to make a Jedi Reflexes AoO and got a Crit! For 50 damage! (walked into that one eh?)Needless to say Corran was a goner as Vos's attack was +20 to Corran's 21 def. Then he had DR E come down to heal up Vos. So after Corran died I devoted my Luke/Levitation Combo to hurt DR E and Vos, moving Luke right were he can pick up Ataru but was ineffective and did minimal damage. Then Fox and Shaak Ti Hound Luke and almost KO'ed him, but thankfully Shaak missed her second attack. Minor movements then onto round 3.
DB won Int again (never lost it literally and figuratively) had Aayla Pull luke to his Death. So I decided at this point to go all out and Levitated Dash into the clump of Enemies (adjacent to 3 baddies) were I could kill of at least one big character, but Dash was'nt a very good shot and didn't do enough damage.

Hey Guys I need to head to work so I will finish this Report later on but just for now heres the summery:
Deaths_Baine won 188 to my 66 or something like that.
Fun fun match!