RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you stronger, gives you focus...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Complete List of V-set Designers Options
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 8:40:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Vset Designers

Each set has had a design team of 3 or 4 designers. Here is a complete list of the designers for each of the V-sets, along with some of the more memorable pieces from each set noted. I had this list buried in another thread but I had trouble finding it. Hopefully this will be a bit more search-friendly.

Destiny of the Force (V-set 1): Bastila, Darth Revan, Yammosk, Exar DFS, Pellaeon, Poggle, Sal. Crumb
engineer
fingersandteeth
Grand Moff Boris

Renegades and Rogues / Battle of Theed (Vset 2):
"Jaq", Carth, Mace, Naboo, Lord Kaan, Celeste, KlatCapt
billiv15
Grand Moff Boris
Ruhk

Vengeance / Cantina Brawl (Vset3):
GARY, Foul Moudama, Momaw Nadon, Dr Evazan, Corran JM, Vergere
billiv15
Echo24
engineer
fingersandteeth

Scum and Villainy / Jedi Vs Sith (Vset4): Sith Recruit, Versatility, BX Spotter, Embo, Morrigan, Triumvirate
Grand Moff Boris
leshippy
urbanjedi
Weeks

Galactic Heroes / The Old Republic (Vset5): Darth Caedus, Cad Bane BH, Luke Skywalker GH, Marn, Kelborn
fingersandteeth
TheCelestialWarrior
thereisnotry
Sithborg

Command of the Galaxy / Vehicles of War (Vset6): Daala, Talon Karrde IB, Warrior Caste Subcmdr, Assaj
Echo24
leshippy
Lou
Weeks

Armed and Operational / Invasion (Vset 7): Darth Bane Sith'ari, Tantive IV Trooper, Buzz/LIN, Dray
fingersandteeth
TheCelestialWarrior
TimmerB123
urbanjedi

Shadows / Undying (Vset 8):
Republic Cmdos, Cmdo Droid Officer, Chewie, Jix, Boba, Neo Ofcr, Palps Reborn
leshippy
Lou
Sithborg
thereisnotry

Warfare and Subterfuge / Diplomacy (Vset 9): Kerra Holt, Killiks, Tsavong Lah WE, Yun Ne'Shel Priest
billiv15
Echo24
sthlrd2
urbanjedi

Evasive Action / Rebels (Vset 10): Rebels, ObiKin, Yaddle, Lando NRL, NR-N99, Aves, Ghent, Bria Tharen
fingersandteeth
leshippy
TimmerB123
UrbanShmi

Long Time Ago / Far Far Away (Vset 11): Bib, Covenant Defender, Amanoa, XT-6, Artoo, Vader Lothal, Callista
FlyingArrow
Lou
sthlrd2
TheCelestialWarrior

More Civilized Age / The Force Awakens (Vset 12): Arca Spirit, Plagueis, Ziro, Ahsoka Rebel, Killik Drone, Jangalore
DarkDracul
Echo24
urbanjedi
Weeks

Gathering Forces / No Such Thing As Luck (Vset 13): The Father, Sarasu Taalon, Loth-cat, General Leia, Hex Droid
FlyingArrow
kezzamachineII
TheCelestialWarrior
UrbanShmi

Unifying Forces / Rogue One (Vset 14): Ven Zallow, Holocrons, Lor San Tekka, Eighth Cortex Shaper
DarkDracul
Lily_Wan
sthlrd2
Timmerb123

Unexpected Allies / Heroes on Both Sides (Vset 15): Vader of Scarif, Nico, Vodo, Vitiate, 4Zuck
AceAce
Echo24
FlyingArrow
urbanjedi

Vset 16:
DarkDracul
Lou
theultrastar
UrbanShmi
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:24:45 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks TJ, I'm sure people will find this helpful. I'll add some thoughts about your choices for memorable pieces.

FlyingArrow wrote:

Destiny of the Force (V-set 1): Bastila, Darth Revan, Yammosk, Exar DFS, Pellaeon, Elite Scout, Sal. Crumb
engineer
fingersandteeth
Grand Moff Boris

Poggle should definitely be added. A case can be made for Darth Bandon and Atris (Atris featured in a top 8 GenCon squad this year!). The Mandalorian Gunsmith is also a piece of note I think.

Quote:

Renegades and Rogues / Battle of Theed (Vset 2): "Jaq", Carth, Zannah, Naboo, Lord Kaan, Celeste, KlatCapt
billiv15
Grand Moff Boris
Ruhk

Master Thon was second place after swiss rounds at GenCon last year. Mace Windu definitely belongs on the list. Weir was very much a top-tier piece at the time, although he's less powerful now.

Quote:

Vengeance / Cantina Brawl (Vset3): GARY, Foul Moudama, Momaw Nadon, Dr Evazan, Corran JM, Vergere
billiv15
Echo24
engineer
fingersandteeth

I think Ponda Boba is noteworthy. Tyber Zann is memorable for introducing Bribery.

Quote:
Scum and Villainy / Jedi Vs Sith (Vset4): Sith Recruit, Versatility, BX Spotter, Embo, Morrigan, Triumvirate
Grand Moff Boris
leshippy
urbanjedi
Weeks

I guess the Triumvirate is "memorable". Grievous of Hypori is a very significant figure I think. The Squib Trader is probably worth a mention, even though it isn't really a competitive piece. Satele Shan absolutely should be on.

Quote:
Galactic Heroes / The Old Republic (Vset5): Darth Caedus, Cad Bane BH, Luke Skywalker GH, Marn, Kelborn
fingersandteeth
TheCelestialWarrior
thereisnotry
Sithborg

I think Admiral Ackbar deserves a nod. Jan Ors definitely does. Malgus is also significant.

Quote:
Command of the Galaxy / Vehicles of War (Vset6): Daala, Talon Karrde IB, Warrior Caste Subcommander
Echo24
leshippy
Lou
Weeks

No mention of any Vehicles? Durge on Lancer made the top 8 at GenCon just this year, along with Assajj. I think Luke, Vader, and Chewie would all fit as "memorable" pieces also.

Quote:
Armed and Operational / Invasion (Vset 7): Darth Bane Sith'ari, Tantive IV Trooper, Buzz/LIN, Dray
fingersandteeth
TheCelestialWarrior
TimmerB123
urbanjedi

I actually think you got this set. An argument could probably be made for Viqi Shesh and the Arkanian Jedi General.

Quote:
Shadows / Undying (Vset 8): Republic Cmdos, Cmdo Droid Officer, Chewie, Jix, Boba, Neo Ofcr, Palps Reborn
leshippy
Lou
Sithborg
thereisnotry

Still early to say on this one of course. I'm not sure if Jix is going to stay on this list. Chewie should probably be added.
Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:36:42 AM

Thanks for updating/moving up the list! Now I know who had a hand in some of my favorite sets! Which means I have high hopes for these future sets! I definitely see a pattern on who is my favorite V-set desinger. But (thankfully) there doesn't appear to be any pattern to any 'bad' designers.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:52:23 AM

Echo24 wrote:
Thanks TJ, I'm sure people will find this helpful. I'll add some thoughts about your choices for memorable pieces.

I updated a few. Not sure how I missed Poggle and Mace. (You didn't suggest anything to drop to make room for things, though...) On the Vehicles - that's right in the set name so I thought that was reminder enough that they didn't need to be mentioned separately.
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 10:04:14 AM

The only thing I think you could have dropped from your original lists was maybe the Elite Scout Trooper, the Triumvirate, possibly Dray (although he is at least interesting enough to be on), and Jix (which I did mention). I didn't specifically mention them at first because, well, I don't think there is a limit to the number of memorable pieces in a set. Smile

As for the Vehicles, you make a good point. I think a few of them (Grievous, Durge, and Luke & Leia mostly) could reasonably be called out separately though. Beside that I think at least Assajj should be added; she's a very popular and competitive piece, making the top 8 at GenCon this year.
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, March 28, 2016 6:58:51 PM

Droopy McCool Cool

I'm anticipating seeing a lot of this guy in the future.
He's a perfect gambit/ interference piece.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 7:44:56 PM

DarkDracul wrote:
Droopy McCool Cool

I'm anticipating seeing a lot of this guy in the future.
He's a perfect gambit/ interference piece.

I didn't list him above (or, really, hardly any of the subset pieces) because most of the subset names are in themselves a reminder of what's in the subset. I just wanted this list to be a quick roadmap to get a feel for what came out when.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, February 2, 2018 7:45:58 PM

Updated through the designers of Set 16.
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 7:49:15 PM

DarkDracul the thread necromancer extraordinaire requests an update.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2020 7:51:47 PM

FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 8:35:07 AM

Count of number of times people have designed, through set 22:

Jason 8
Deri 6
Daniel 5
Laura 5
T.J. 5
Bryan 5
Les 4
Lou 4
Brad 4
Tim 4
Eric L 3
Dennis 3
Bill 3
Weeks 3
Jake 3
Lillian 3
Mike 3
Matt 3
Trevor 2
Scott 2
Kerry 2
Randy 2
Bronson 1
Dave 1
Greg 1
Joseph 1
Shawn 1
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 8:51:35 AM

What about the people who've just designed single pieces?

Just kidding, I appreciate you compiling this list.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 9:01:25 AM

I just noticed a discrepancy between the list in this thread and the one I have on gamers. I guess someone at one point told me that Vset 2 was "Deri, Dennis, Bill, (Eric L.only for the Battle of Theed subset)". But instead of Deri, that should say "Ruhk", based on reading the old design threads. What was Ruhk's name?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 9:04:46 AM

Darth_Jim wrote:
What about the people who've just designed single pieces?

Just kidding, I appreciate you compiling this list.

Tallying up total number of pieces per designer would be tricky. In addition to the GenCon winners, designers have sometimes looped people in to design certain pieces, though the outside designers typically would just have the initial stat block and not be involved in any further discussion. For example, I've been told that Jake was the primary designer on Caedus SL from Vset5, but he wasn't a formal designer until Vset9.

spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2020 2:44:35 PM

Eric Frost was Rukh.