RegisterDonateLogin

Is not as forgiving as Darth Vader.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Most popular Lobot Reinforcements options Options
Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 3:50:50 PM
Groups: Member

So we all know Lobot is indispensable when it comes to giving your squad some versatility.
after bringing in 20 points of help (after seeing what your opponent is bringing) he costs 7 points and has Override. Really the only reason you wouldn't play him in a squad is:
1. You just can't spare the space for the squad type you are going for.
2. You cannot with Daala or Zenoc Quah.
3. Playing Theme
or 4. you just get tired of hearing complaints about overusing himRollEyes (yes that has happened)
5. or you just plain don't have one (doesn't apply to vassel usersWink )

So what do you guys carry around to use Lobot for? I'm creating an exhastive list right below this first post so feel free to make your case for what you would play and why.

I will rate the pieces on a 1-3 scale.
1 Useful only in certain situations
2, useful
3, really popular and almost auto included in most builds if you don't need anything else
Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:04:18 PM

Bodyguards: (since free HP is never bad)
Ponda Baba, Galactic Criminal (can also be a decent shooter) 60 HP 15pts rating 2/3
Human Bodyguard 40 hp 11pts rating 2/3
Falleen Black Sun Bodyguard (can also be a decent Shooter, but he also has Pheromones to dissuade you from 'cheating' 'and just shooting the bodyguard) 60 HP 18pts rating 2/3
Gamorrean Bodyguard 50 HP 13pts 1/3
Twi'lek Bodyguard (lowest costing Bodyguard option) 30 HP 10pts Rating 1/3

Guards: (there to protect your pieces in a non Bodyguard way)
Caamasi Noble (Diplomat walls and can shoot with Thrawn gun or noe Karrde gun) 5pts Rating 1/3
Figrin D'an (evade and Draw fire seems a bit gimmicky, but if it works it works) 10pts Rating 1/3
Shmi Skywalker (Decoy plus when she dies she makes Ani's and Vaders better) 12pts Rating 1/3
Owen and Beru Lars (draw fire, heal and when they die Luke gets Renewal) 10pts Rating 1/3
LIN Demolitionmech (mines can help against Strafers and Gallopers, but mostly Yoda on Kybuck can just base him and take him out quickly, just to get him out of the way) 12pts Rating 1/3
Dr. Evazan, Glactic Criminal (best and really the only viable Healer in the game, plus his Auto 30 damage is great!) 16pts rating Rating 3/3
Buzz Droid (anti Lancers mostly, but also anti Vehicle too) 6pts Rating 1/3
Czerka Shield Technician (helps against Twin attacks, used to be a hard counter to Mandos at one time.) 13pts Rating 1/3
Mouse Droids (mouse Droid walls, high defense, help with doors, more acts and all that plus it's intended purpose with relay Orders to extend the range of commander effects) 3pts rating 3/3
Human Force Adept (anti Mace Windu LotLS to help herd away crits) 10 points Rating 1/3

Door Control:
Mouse Droids 3pts Rating 3/3
Uggies (nuff said) 3pts Rating 3/3
Klatooinian Black Sun Thug (door control that can shoot and has stealth i s great deal IMO) 6pts Rating 2/3
Todo 360 (Override, distraction, Flight and self destruct sequence makes him versatile) 13pts Rating 2/3
Givin Black Sun Slicer (Override with Master slicer can be really interesting) 11pts Rating 2/3
R7 Droid (cheapest override piece in the game) 8pts Rating 3/3

Helping to hit:
Young Anakin Skywalker 14ptsRating 1/3 perhaps a 2
Wicket (can shoot, Stealth, Traps really can help all faction get a better chance at hitting) 8pts Rating 3/3
R4 Droid (cheap targeting) 8pts 1/3

Damage Boosts:
Czerka Scientist (handing out Twin if by far the most used reason to include her, but Jolt is pretty awesome too) cost 13 Rating 1/3 (since see is probably more of a mainlined character instead of a reinforcement)
Garindan 12pts (Spotter +30 and stealth) Rating 1/3
Jawa scout 10pts (can bring in 2 for Spotter +20 and stealth) Rating 1/3

Swap pieces: (mostly for Thrawn, but possiblly also for Capt Panaka, Rebel K-3p0 or Revan SL)
Amanin Scout (long range movement to get were you would like to Swap) 13pts Rating 1/3
Kel Dor Bounty Hunter (can be brutal in a Thrwan squad to drop one adjacent to someone, AoO with opportunist or SD40) 13pts Rating 1/3
Rodian Brute 3pts Rating 2/3
Gran Raider 4pts Rating 1/3

Movement breaker:
ASP-7 (small movement breaker but can be very effective) 10pts Rating 2/3
T1 Bulk loader Droid (Slight Movement breaker and can move Larges, high hp to soak up damage) 1/3

Scissors Piece:
Momaw Nadon 15pts rating 3/3
Rakghoul (what can be more fun than turning all of your opponants uggies into your own army of Rakghouls?) 17pts Rating 1/3

Anti Stealth:
Treadwell Droid 10 pts Rating 1/3

Anti CE:
Salacious Crumb Really very cheap) 5pts Rating 2/3
Todo 360 13pts Rating 2/3

Intuitive control and anti Reserves: (most of the time)
Muun Tactics Broker 8pts Rating 2/3

Trigger for Unleash the Force
Felucian 7pts Rating 1/3

Extra Attackers:
Klatooinian Assassin (Cloaked, high attack Self Destruct very low costing for what it can do) 12pts Rating 3/3
Greedo, Bounty Hunter 17pts (snare rifle, plus he is great in a Cade Bane BH anf High cost Jabba) 2/3
Blizz 20pts Rating 2/3
Jawa Scavenger (great against droids like R7 or R2-C3p0 GH) 13pts 1/3
Rodian Assassin 12 points Rating 2/3 (accurate Shot with Assassin for basically +10 attack and 20 damage)

Last minute Commander effect:
Klat captain 18pts 1/3 (helpful to get Pilots Evade and Splash will help spread damage)
Twilek Black Sun Vigo (helpful last minute GMA and a pretty good attacker) 18pts 2/3
Bith Black Sun Vigo (evade for stealth users and decent attacker) 20pts rating 2/3

Anti Droid reserves:
Wuher 9pts Rating 1/3

Would you include:
Nikto Pirate (seen him used once)
Boba Fett, Young Bounty Hunter (cheap accurate shot)
Zabrak Enforcer (Overload can help make a good scissors piece, plus auto damage)
Watto (helps make enemy saves harder)
Prowl (targeting, but perhaps the R-4 is a better lower cost)
Devaronian Assassin (good attacker, but is he worth the Lobot slot?)
IG-86 Assassin Droid (another attacker, but would you include this over another attacking piece?)
Baran Do Sage (force barrior can be gimmicky, but it seems like it could be really worth it to me. Never played him though)
Ravenous Vornskr ( helpfull against the really popular Talon Karrde and Admiral Gilad Pellaeon, but is it really that effective? I have never been able to get it off myself)
Lando DS
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:08:33 PM

I often struggle to fit Lobot into Republic builds - by the time you fit in R2 and Mas, you already have 17 points of tech. He really doesn't fit into Naboo builds, for instance.

On one hand v-sets have provided a lot of great reinforcement options; I'm especially thinking Cantina Brawl stuff like Momaw Nadon and Dr Evazan.

On the the hand v-sets also encourage faction specific tech pieces, like door control - Spaartis are really great door control pieces with in-faction synergies.

I'm actually thinking my reinforcements box is getting a bit full, and I'd like to prune it a bit sometime.

Some pieces I have in my box that you didn't mention:
Lando DS: not bad if you want another attacker against a low activation squad, and he's reasonably self-sufficient with mobile and evade. He's better than an IG-86 unless you're playing a squad with droid synergies.
Human Force Adept: good against Mace
Twi'lek Bodyguard: bodyguard you can bring in with Bribery, or you can bring two of them with Reinforcements.
R4: can bring in alongside Wicket if you want to hit big defenses.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:10:01 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Another reason for me... I like having squads built and on the shelf to play on minis night. I only have one Lobot, and choosing Reinforcements takes extra time anyway. So often what would normally be Lobot and Reinforcements gets turned into an R7 and mainlined into the squad.

If those squads went to a competitive tournament, Lobot would be added in most cases.
Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:26:02 PM

TheHutts wrote:
I often struggle to fit Lobot into Republic builds - by the time you fit in R2 and Mas, you already have 17 points of tech. He really doesn't fit into Naboo builds, for instance.

On one hand v-sets have provided a lot of great reinforcement options; I'm especially thinking Cantina Brawl stuff like Momaw Nadon and Dr Evazan.

On the the hand v-sets also encourage faction specific tech pieces, like door control - Spaartis are really great door control pieces with in-faction synergies.

I'm actually thinking my reinforcements box is getting a bit full, and I'd like to prune it a bit sometime.

Some pieces I have in my box that you didn't mention:
Lando DS: not bad if you want another attacker against a low activation squad, and he's reasonably self-sufficient with mobile and evade. He's better than an IG-86 unless you're playing a squad with droid synergies.
: good against Mace
Twi'lek Bodyguard: bodyguard you can bring in with Bribery, or you can bring two of them with Reinforcements.
R4: can bring in alongside Wicket if you want to hit big defenses.

Good points I will add them in! Thanks for the suggestions! ( Duh I should've remembered the Twi'lek Bodyguard and more importantly the Human Force Adept since we were just talking about her on the Mini of the day thread)
Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:27:46 PM

I'm not sure about Lando DS. Would you really add him over a Klat Assassin?
I don't know if I would.
But if you do then he will need added to the list
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:30:11 PM

Maybe Klat is better than Lando most of the time, when I think about it. He does have extra hit points, but that's about it - Cloaked + Self Destruct is stronger.

Felucian is another I meant to add to my list - good for triggering Anakin Solo, and it can do 20 damage with Force Blast.
Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:33:39 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Maybe Klat is better than Lando most of the time, when I think about it. He does have extra hit points, but that's about it - Cloaked + Self Destruct is stronger.

Felucian is another I meant to add to my list - good for triggering Anakin Solo, and it can do 20 damage with Force Blast.

Ah! that is also one I missed! Good call.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:39:07 PM

From your would you include list, I'd definitely take:

Greedo - good extra attacker, with snare rifle.
Blizz - good extra attacker with missiles.
Rakghoul - potentially very helpful against swarms.

Very niche, but Wuher shuts down Droid reserve squads.
Amadeus
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 4:41:06 PM

I don't own a lobot, but I could see bringing in a T1 Bulk loader in certain squads (with gha of course). You get a more durable movement breaker (also works with larges). The T1 could also be handy for blocking heavy melee beats from getting at your pieces, and can do a ton of damage itself (unlikely to hit though unless you're in Seps). Never played a T1 myself, but its an idea.
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:00:22 PM

Amadeus wrote:
I don't own a lobot, but I could see bringing in a T1 Bulk loader in certain squads (with gha of course). You get a more durable movement breaker (also works with larges). The T1 could also be handy for blocking heavy melee beats from getting at your pieces, and can do a ton of damage itself (unlikely to hit though unless you're in Seps). Never played a T1 myself, but its an idea.

I've got almost a dozen between CLObot and UH Lobot I think Scared
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:39:49 PM

Sorry for all my little posts, but the Jawa Scavenger is sometimes a really good option. You can nail any important droids like R2/C3PO Galactic Heroes or R2 Astromech Droid.
Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 5:45:08 PM

TheHutts wrote:
Sorry for all my little posts, but the Jawa Scavenger is sometimes a really good option. You can nail any important droids like R2/C3PO Galactic Heroes or R2 Astromech Droid.

no problem, thanks for all the suggestionsThumbsUp
fingersandteeth
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:31:36 PM

Garindan is a great little piece that i like to bring out when i need more punch. Stealth and spotter 30 is awesome.

I like the Jawa scouts for stealth and spotter 20. You can get 2, but often Garindan and an r7 is the go to.

Used these two reinforcement options liberally when running rebels + Ackbar SC.

Varactyl Wrangler is an interesting piece if you need grenades for cheap or some empathy.

Not so much these days but the Aqualish Assassin is a great scrub killer with a possible +11 for 20 dmg at 7 points.
Same with the Chadra fan.

Dark Hellion on swoop has applications in sith (transfer essence, great when free; target for sith mattle meditation) and as a large swapper for thrawn. Its a decent mobile threat at the same time. IF you have a squib he can also make sure your distant pieces get that CE you need (this is a very low probability usage).

The Chadra fan pilot is a highly overlooked piece with pheremones and stingbeam, especially if you have a pilot thing going on.

I think the Twilek VIgo and the Klat cpatain are figs that you can consider even if you arn't running optimized squads. Both are decent attackers.

"amadaus" wrote:

If you play with Zayne you can bring in Elbee for a more powerful bulk loader :D
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 5:59:48 AM

Niche choices:

Mynock (swap target)
Ugnaught Droid Destroyer
ASP-7
Massiff
BBSV
juice man
Posted: Thursday, September 25, 2014 1:49:22 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Niche choices:

Mynock (swap target)
Ugnaught Droid Destroyer
ASP-7
Massiff
BBSV
Love the Ugg Driod Destroyer. +8 att. and Jolt.ThumbsUp
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 4:54:32 PM

Rodian Brute is 3pts, not 4. It's a 2/3 at least.
Twi'lek Bodyguard has 30 hit points.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 5:09:35 PM

I'd probably give MTB more than a 1 as well - it's a very powerful piece, and when you do play it, you'll always bring it in via Lobot's reinforcements.
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, October 1, 2014 6:00:23 PM

i think 2 pieces that are a good add to the Extra attackers are the Rodian Assassin (fits in alot of squads and has accurate) Also the New Jawa clan leader. It has accurate and opportunist which is nice, but also ion for those pesky droids. It ends up being a realy Decent option.
Deathwielded
Posted: Wednesday, October 8, 2014 7:52:02 PM

Thanks for the suggestions guys! Updating now