RegisterDonateLogin

It is you and your Bloo Milk that the Emperor wants.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Obi and Master of the Force question Options
Seedo69
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 4:05:13 AM
Groups: Member

If you have master of the force and are using Soresu Style Mastery (When hit by an attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11) how many times can you use a Force point to reroll the save?
swmimperial130
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 4:17:26 AM

I would say 2 times since he has MotF2
EmporerDragon
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 5:42:21 AM

Also to note, this is covered in the glossary definition of Master of the Force.
twinjedi
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 3:34:25 PM

How about u read the card!Glare

just kidding!BigGrin
dnemiller
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 5:41:58 PM

come on guys he has 2 posts and maybe new to the game.

He would be able to use a reroll twice providing you have the force points.

Also he gets mettle and it does stack. So if rerolling a soresu mastery save, then you would need a 7 on the first force point reroll (because of mettle). If you need to do it again because of failing then the save would be a 3 because mettle stacks.
DarthJak
Posted: Sunday, May 24, 2009 10:21:38 PM

that's why he's broken!
hawaii50batman
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 3:11:43 AM

No, that's why he's powerful. If he had force renewal five or six, he would truly be broken. He can avoid damage with soresu, and reroll with mettle, but he flies through force points doing that if you have a lot of shooters. If a piece can be defeated by an equal point value force, which GOWK can, than he isn't broken, even though he may be powerful.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 4:24:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

hawaii50batman wrote:
No, that's why he's powerful. If he had force renewal five or six, he would truly be broken. He can avoid damage with soresu, and reroll with mettle, but he flies through force points doing that if you have a lot of shooters. If a piece can be defeated by an equal point value force, which GOWK can, than he isn't broken, even though he may be powerful.

While I don't disagree completely with your point, Remember that he is +26 defense in cover. You have better have plenty of GOOD shooters, as his first save roll is free, and he is going to make 1/2 of them on average. If you even hit him to begin with.

Trying to burn up his FP by shooting him will really tie up your squad, and you'd better worry about what the rest of his army is doing while you attempt, because they are getting a big boost from his CE.

Have fun Flapper
dnemiller
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 6:12:03 AM

swinefeld wrote:
hawaii50batman wrote:

While I don't disagree completely with your point, Remember that he is +26 defense in cover. You have better have plenty of GOOD shooters, as his first save roll is free, and he is going to make 1/2 of them on average. If you even hit him to begin with.

Trying to burn up his FP by shooting him will really tie up your squad, and you'd better worry about what the rest of his army is doing while you attempt, because they are getting a big boost from his CE.

Have fun Flapper

I think that is pretty fair assessment by swine. Also why when talking about things like this does everyone assume Obi (or any other piece being mentioned ) is always in the open. Every time I have used Obi I have been able to build up some force points.

I have found the only time I run out of Force Points with Obi is not based ont he number of attacks I take. It is based on whether I spent those Force Points using Force Push or not.
Zaphod
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 5:43:47 PM

I usually end up burning through his force points when I tie up another players beat stick with him. Even Darth Bane has to fear this piece. Big damage but you are gonna land those saves because of mettle stacking.

I actually cast a vote for broken on this figure. And everyone is in deep trouble if for some reason you force spirit him with someone like qui gon. Just wayyy too many opportunities to make those saves.

I've watched him tank out many beaters before - only the ones who have more attacks than he has rerolls stand a chance. Laugh
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:19:06 AM

swinefeld wrote:

Have fun Flapper

That's why there's IG-86s with a +21 attack, twin attacking, and hitting for 30's when they get Opportunist and are put with GGDAC and the BDO. That's how you get around his 26 defense in cover. I've found that they burn up Obi-Wan's force points real well if he isn't making his save right away.
But you're right Swinefeld on how if you target only GOWK, it will tie up your squad while the rest of your opponents pieces are causing havoc everywhere else.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:06:15 AM

IG-108 wrote:

That's why there's IG-86s with a +21 attack, twin attacking, and hitting for 30's when they get Opportunist and are put with GGDAC and the BDO. That's how you get around his 26 defense in cover.

Only problem with that is most opponents won't let you get those shots off. They'll either stay out of LoS or keep the lead character unactivated, reducing the IG-86's effectiveness.
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 5:34:03 AM

Blink GOWK cost WAY to little! IMOSad
Mickey
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 7:55:42 AM

Well you know no one ever killed Obi--he allowed himself to be killed. Just thought I'd throw that in there LOL