RegisterDonateLogin

Warning: Do not drink within 1 hour of using Sith Rage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Sealed/Draft Vassal Events? Options
Amadeus
Posted: Wednesday, December 3, 2014 9:57:12 PM
Groups: Member

Are there any events done over Vassal that involve sealed or draft style formats? I tried sealed out with a friend of mine using the bloomilk booster randomizer, and it was pretty fun and made me use pieces I otherwise wouldn't have used before. I'd love to participate in something like this if such a thing exists.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, December 4, 2014 1:10:02 AM
Groups: Member

There have been quite a few booster leagues/tourneys in the past. Some have used a "everybody gets an XX Booster this week", others give a choice of boosters to each player, and some have used a points-based system where people get X amount of points to spend with older, weaker boosters costing less.

If you wanted to organize one, you could drum up some interest. The most important thing is to keep the matches flowing to keep everyone's interest; If you make everyone wait a 2 weeks because one person's holding the round up, you'll kill the league for sure (Look at the old grumblings in the abandoned Booster League board to see what I mean).

If you do try to get a vassal event/tournament/league going, I'd suggest scheduling it for after Christmas, when everyone's plate will be far less full.