RegisterDonateLogin

Takes the Twin off the Flurry off the Twin and still has the Double left.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CINCINNATI, OH Star Wars Regional Event JUNE 6th Options
The Madman
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 6:42:02 AM
Groups: Member

http://www.yottaquest.com/Specific%20Events/2009_star_wars_regional_evenet.htm

2009 Star Wars Regional Event

Preregistration:
Players who wish to preregister can do so by contacting matthewm at yottaquest dot com

In 2009 Star Wars Miniatures players can enjoy both a Championship event, and regional action as well. Players that participate in regional tournaments can win a free pass to the Championship held at Gen Con 2009 on Saturday, August 15, as well as four day badges to the show. Get your squads ready to go and as always……..may the force be with you!!

Date: Saturday June 6, 2009

Time: 9 a.m. registration; 10 a.m. play begins

Where: Yottaquest 7607 Hamilton Ave, Cincinnati, Ohio 45231 513-923-1985

Cost: $10
Eligibility: All players in good standing with the DCI are eligible to compete in this Star Wars Miniatures Championship Regional event

Format: 150 point Constructed with 60 minute Swiss rounds based on attendance. Top 4 players will be determined by final rankings after swiss rounds. Squad lists are required.

Rules: All Universal Tournament Rules and Star Wars Miniatures Floor Rules are in effect for this event. Players must bring appropriate game items to record pertinent game information.

Prizes: The winning player receives a four-day pass for entry into Gen Con 2009 Indy and entry into the Championship final at GenCon 2009. Top 4 finishers win four booster packs of Star Wars Miniatures.
Additional prizes may be awarded.

Judge: Les Eller

Registered Players SO FAR:(May 25th)

1 Julie Zell
2 Phillip Carlisle
3 James Naegele (jmnforce)
4 Brian Re (striderre80)
5 Matt Belmont (belmont)
6 Mike Catron (3302)
7 Aaron Brueckman (Lobostele)
8 Chris Neal (jedyspider)
9 Bryan Moore (The Madman)
10 Bob Smith (Squid89 )
11 Bryan Creehan (Lackey)
12 Kathryn Creehan
13 Dave Higgins
14 Bryan Hole
15 Stephen Hole
16 Chris Flores
17Jason Alvey
18 Dennis Beard (Borris the Dwarf)
19 Grey Whisett
Squid89
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 9:45:17 AM

It's looking more likely I will make this event along with another guy from Columbus. Should know for sure soon. Looks like a pretty solid list of players with still two weeks to go.
The Madman
Posted: Monday, May 25, 2009 12:48:13 PM

Squid89 wrote:
It's looking more likely I will make this event along with another guy from Columbus. Should know for sure soon. Looks like a pretty solid list of players with still two weeks to go.

I would reccomend calling in and reserving a spot-
if you decide you can't go, you can always email in and be taken off the list later-
joverfield
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:44:22 AM

Is there a limited number of spots available?? Just curios, I've never played in these type of event..how long does this usually take to complete?
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 2:16:58 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I was hoping to attend, however, I will be in MA that weekend. :(
Don't think any of our group from the Canton/Akron area will make it this year.
Looking forward to a possible Ohio Bash though...
LoboStele
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:53:25 AM

joverfield wrote:
Is there a limited number of spots available?? Just curios, I've never played in these type of event..how long does this usually take to complete?

No limit to the number of spots. So come on down!

How long it takes all depends on the number of players we have. Typically, it takes 1 hour per game, then probably add about 1 more hour on top of that for in-between rounds, and stuff like that.

If we have 16 or less players (hopefully we'll have more), then the event will be 4 rounds. So roughly 4 hours, plus another hour or so for other things.

Hopefully we'll have 17+, which will require 5 rounds of play. So I would plan on about 6-7 hours total for the whole event.
The Madman
Posted: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 6:04:40 AM

What you’ll really need to know about playing in Cincinnati:

Yotta Quest is located in Mt Healthy- a small municipality, and a “Walking neighborhood”; they monitor and enforce the speed limits VERY closely!

Parking is in the rear of the building, turn down COMPTON Rd and through the alley between the hair shop and the Asian restraint and park in the open parking lot in the rear of the building, enter through the rear of the building

Smokers are asked to use the rear parking lot, not the front of the store

Bring MONEY; besides the Entry Fee $10.00- Cincinnati Regional Event T-Shirts will be on sale for $12.00, we will be having a raffle for 2 Custom Miniatures @ $2.00 per ticket (Proceeds go to add into the Prize support)
YQ offers many snacks and treats as well as a wide variety of Sodas, Teas, Energy Drinks and water
In Addition YQ is a comic shop & full service game store with over 150,000 products.

Within walking distance (or a very quick drive) are several eateries and dinners. There is a full service grocery store: KROGER and several gas station/quick-marts in either direction of the store

Arrive EARLY, make sure you have your DCI Number with you, If possible pay in cash (but credit cards are fine too).
Make sure you have your maps, squad list, pencil and squad kit; Please leave your collection and trades in the car. There will be plenty of time for all that after the bulk of the matches
Lackey
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 3:46:17 AM

I'll be attending along with my daughter.
StriderRe80
Posted: Wednesday, May 27, 2009 8:36:32 AM

I hope we have a good turn out to show everyone how to do a regional YEA!!!!!
Squid89
Posted: Thursday, May 28, 2009 12:49:35 PM

I'm definitely in now. Going to be an early morning to get there in time, but I figure it will be a nice way to kick off summer vacation. I did contact the owner to get on the pre-list. Thanks for the info about parking and all - that is very useful.
The Madman
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 2:41:57 PM

Updated some new name on the list-

Remember Pre-Registration in not required, just appreciated for planning purposes

if you see your (real) name and would like me to edit in your screen name just shoot me a Bloo-Mail and I'll make the fix
Squid89
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 5:38:08 AM

I'll be in town on Friday night after 4:30pm or so in the Forest Park area if anyone wants to get together before the big show on Saturday. Send me a PM if you are interested.

I'm no. 10 on the pre-registered list in the first post, by the way.

Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend and some good competition.