RegisterDonateLogin

It does a Bothan good.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Indiana Regional Weekend - June 12-14 - West Lafayette Options
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 6:43:27 PM
Groups: Member

Tim beat me in an extremely close match. Congratulations Tim!! However you are now my arch nemesis -_-
kezzamachine
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:10:06 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Congrats Tim and atm on making the finals. Boom!
Sthlrd2
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 7:44:07 PM

Is that now every single Indiana Regional for Tim?
I mean just wow, why do you guys even have a regional any more when you now that Tim is just going to win it. LOL...

I don't know if it would have made any difference but If I was there this is what I would have ran, (and I am not proud to say this at all)

65 Mace Windu, Legacy of the Light Side
55 General Obi-Wan Kenobi
31 Morrigan Corde
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
10 Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist x2
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

But hey THE BLACKHAWKS WON!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO
One more baby.
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 9:28:27 PM

Sthlrd2 wrote:
Is that now every single Indiana Regional for Tim?
I mean just wow, why do you guys even have a regional any more when you now that Tim is just going to win it. LOL...

I don't know if it would have made any difference but If I was there this is what I would have ran, (and I am not proud to say this at all)

31 Morrigan Corde
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

But hey THE BLACKHAWKS WON!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO
One more baby.
Okay... To soon!!! Lol
Dr Daman
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 10:30:37 PM

50 Shades of Thrawn comes second! So another top tier build coming from the NZ crew! WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END?

Congrats on the win Tim and well played atm!
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 10:50:40 PM

atmsalad wrote:
Tim beat me in an extremely close match. Congratulations Tim!! However you are now my arch nemesis -_-

You did well to make it close - sounds like about the worst possible matchup for your (Darth Moore's?) squad.
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, June 13, 2015 11:19:11 PM

TheHutts wrote:
atmsalad wrote:

You did well to make it close - sounds like about the worst possible matchup for your (Darth Moore's?) squad.

Without a doubt, Tim gave me a big opening at the end and I was ahead for most of the match, but I just made a couple key mistakes at the end and wasn't able to capitalize. Great win by Tim, very well played...
jak
Posted: Sunday, June 14, 2015 3:02:51 PM

top 4 squads please?
leshippy
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 5:13:59 AM

jak wrote:
top 4 squads please?

Posted on facebook figure it out
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 9:43:29 AM

Sthlrd2 wrote:

31 Morrigan Corde
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

You should be ashamed of yourself. Flapper
urbanjedi
Posted: Monday, June 15, 2015 10:56:28 PM

Top 4 squads

Urban Jedi with Cin, Serra, Adi, Foul, R2, Scorch, Marn
Ben with Krayt, ghosts, etc
Timmer and OR pilots squad with Bastilla, Atton, Shoaneb, Wookiee Elite Warrior, Klat Captain, Lobot, Gha,
Etienne with Double Swap Boba, Mira
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:16:53 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Sthlrd2 wrote:

31 Morrigan Corde
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

This coming from the guy who had Lobot and Gha in his squad :P. I think Tim should be more ashamed ;)
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 8:48:37 AM

spryguy1981 wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Sthlrd2 wrote:

31 Morrigan Corde
18 Gungan Shieldbearer
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x2
3 Rodian Brute
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(200pts. 11 activations)

This coming from the guy who had Lobot and Gha in his squad :P. I think Tim should be more ashamed ;)

Lobot and Gha helped me win the tournament. Wink I've always loved them. I feel no shame in that.

Jake's shame should come from considering playing a squad with characters and abilities that he has professed to hate. Flapper
gholli69
Posted: Tuesday, June 16, 2015 1:42:20 PM

hey all just want to throw a big thank you to Les for organizing and running the events this weekend I know I had a blast and as always it was great to see everyone who was able to make the trip, especially as working two jobs and raising kids I know how difficult it can be to get away sometimes. My day didn't go quite as well as I had hoped going into the tourney, but my squad did function the way that I had hoped, I feel like I just played a fairly tough sched. of opponents and facing bastilla twice was tough as well as ABM hurt my squad significantly. Here is what I ran.

Pong of the Dark Side: 61- Pong Krell
48 - Sifo Dyas
33 - Capt. Rex
26 - Elite Rep. Commando Boss
25 - Elite rep. Commando Scorch
9 - R2D2 Astromech

My idea was obviously to get reserves with Pong and Reinforcements from Sifo's placed order ability. That tactic worked well all day even when it shouldn't have against Tim Ballard when he brought in a MTB with his lobot reinforcements and I still managed to get Pongs' reserves twice in addition to the placed order, most games I hit reserves at least 3-5 times, so that part of the squad worked well. What I feel was problematic was that to get the placed order reinforcements I was constantly playing from behind all day. I did like the ability to tailor my squad to what I was faciing as most of the time I was bringing in more elite rep. commandos and they have a lot of good options for door control/accurate shot/grenades, basically whatever you might need, but playing from behind made it really hard especially in the two games against OR and Bastilla where I lost GMA from rex and that really made it difficult to do enough damage fast enough to overcome the points differential. Anyway like I said, I had a great time and once again thank you's to Les for hosting and organizing.
Jonnyb815
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2015 10:30:02 PM

The 17 cesta saves in a row is not the best ever sorry Laura lol. Echo made 21 in a row in 2010 vs me when the speeder was seen every where. I believe it was still a close game.

TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2015 10:36:08 AM

Dr Daman wrote:
50 Shades of Thrawn comes second! So another top tier build coming from the NZ crew! WHEN WILL THIS MADNESS END?

Congrats on the win Tim and well played atm!

Thanks!

And side note - I personally give NZ all the credit for all the Daala madness and breaking CDOs, but with all due respect 50 Shades of Thrawn builds itself and I had the exact same squad built shortly after vset 9 came out. NZ rocks, and had the first tournaments to let that build shine, but the Imp Gov is too good to be ignored (even here in the US where we're sometimes slow on the pick up). :)
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, June 22, 2015 11:18:43 AM

OK - better late than never

Here's the champion play report -

Here's what I played -

--Precision Piloting--
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
28 Shoaneb Culu, Jedi Knight
27 Lobot
19 Wookiee Elite Warrior
18 Klatooinian Captain
14 Old Republic Senator
12 Gha Nachkt
7 R7 Astromech Droid
6 Mouse Droid x3

(200pts. 12 activations)

Map was Rhen Var

Round 1 - OR vs OR - Laura K (UrbanShmi)

She played
--Fight OR Flight--5th Place, 2015 Indiana Regional--
37 Satele Shan
36 Atton "Jaq" Rand
33 Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
29 Carth Onasi, Old Republic Soldier
28 Shoaneb Culu, Jedi Knight
18 Klatooinian Captain
8 R7 Astromech Droid
5 Army of Light Trooper
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(200pts. 10 activations)

She had a similar squad, but instead of tech and a Wookiee, she added in Carth ORS, and Satele. It was a scary amount of power.

I had the movement breaker when her ABM was not activated (OR senator). And of course we frequently shut off each others evade and speed 8.

My tech prevailed over her power, but it was a close game. Out activating and bringing an MTB meant I could set up nasty 1st round strikes. Jaq is a badass, and was easily the MVP. The details are fuzzy, but I think a dramatic moment happened when Laura crit of Shoab and killed her before she did anything. That really sucked, I thought I had lost the game right there. She split her forces due to being out-overrided, and I was able to lock her Shoaneb in a closet for a few rounds which helped. I slowly divided and conquered, but was frequently scared for my life. I had the gambit advantage, but made a really dumb mistake when I moved my Lobot away from the center (scared of one of her baddies) and got within striking distance of an enemy ugnaught. Well a 0 attack vs an 11 defense is a 50/50 roll, and juiced by bastila that uggie hits for 20. Well she rolled above 10 and Lobot died, releasing Shoaneb. Yikes! The game ended not too long after that, Laura barely squeaked the 100 pts for 1pt and I didn't get enough for 3. Close game.

Next I faced Greg Hollis (gholli69)

Pong of the Dark Side:
61- Pong Krell
48 - Sifo Dyas
33 - Capt. Rex
9 - R2D2 Astromech

I went into this game thinking slam dunk. Bring and MTB, and his reserves are screwed, and the clones won't come back due to Bastila. Well, I was wrong. First init I roll a 1, and he rolls a 20 on the reroll (of course!) Then 2 rounds later I roll a 1, then I roll a 20 on the reroll, and he senses the future to take it and get more reserves. What are the odds!?! I don't remember a lot of details other than that, but it was a grinder that I eventually won.

Next up Etienne Sallade (ATMsalad)

50 Shades of Thrawn. (Thrawn, New Boba, New Mira, Imp Gov, tech)

This match made me sweat, but I was able to beat him on Rhen Var. Basilta shuts off Thrawn and the Imp's reroll, and MTB takes init control. I also outactivated, which was key. I put the pressure on after I flipped on ABM, and took out Mira fairly quick. I got 50 off Boba, and closed in for the kill with Shoaneb from 1 side and Jaq from the other. He desperately tried to block me off with fodder, but I found a way through - but then dice failed me. Needing 6s, I rolled 2/3 misses, and lost shoaneb shortly after. Once ABM went down I new I was screwed. Luckily putting on the full court press paid off and and injured Jaq was still able to finish off Boba, at which point Etienne surrendered. Lasted about 25 minutes. Had I not been able to finish off Boba yet again, it would have been a much different game without ABM.

Final round vs Jason K (UrbanJedi)

He played: Cin, Serra, Adi, Foul, R2, Scorch, Marn

This game wasn't really even close. Marn made it so I couldn't take an MTB, all the jedi had counters to both melee and non-melee, ABM didn't do much to hurt Jason, he had great door control with Scorch (which he protected very well), and waaaaaayyyy too much beef to handle. He swarmed me and toasted me.

3-1, 8 pts.

3rd/4th place came down to 3 competitors all 3-1 with 8 pts. (Laura, Etienne and myself). Since I faced both Laura and Etienne and beat them - I got 3rd due to Head to Head. Etienne had a slightly better Stregnth of Schedule that Laura, so she got bumped to 5th. Unfortunate for Laura, she played really well, and only lost to the eventual champ. Other then the OR on OR match betrween Laura and I, OR only lost 1 game (me to Jason's Republic.) Laura would have given him a better game.

Onto the finals . . . (post more later)
leshippy
Posted: Tuesday, June 23, 2015 9:30:47 AM

gholli69 wrote:
hey all just want to throw a big thank you to Les for organizing and running the events this weekend I know I had a blast and as always it was great to see everyone who was able to make the trip, especially as working two jobs and raising kids I know how difficult it can be to get away sometimes. My day didn't go quite as well as I had hoped going into the tourney, but my squad did function the way that I had hoped, I feel like I just played a fairly tough sched. of opponents and facing bastilla twice was tough as well as ABM hurt my squad significantly. Here is what I ran.

Pong of the Dark Side: 61- Pong Krell
48 - Sifo Dyas
33 - Capt. Rex
9 - R2D2 Astromech

My idea was obviously to get reserves with Pong and Reinforcements from Sifo's placed order ability. That tactic worked well all day even when it shouldn't have against Tim Ballard when he brought in a MTB with his lobot reinforcements and I still managed to get Pongs' reserves twice in addition to the placed order, most games I hit reserves at least 3-5 times, so that part of the squad worked well. What I feel was problematic was that to get the placed order reinforcements I was constantly playing from behind all day. I did like the ability to tailor my squad to what I was faciing as most of the time I was bringing in more elite rep. commandos and they have a lot of good options for door control/accurate shot/grenades, basically whatever you might need, but playing from behind made it really hard especially in the two games against OR and Bastilla where I lost GMA from rex and that really made it difficult to do enough damage fast enough to overcome the points differential. Anyway like I said, I had a great time and once again thank you's to Les for hosting and organizing.

Your Welcome
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, June 24, 2015 5:09:59 PM

Thanks for the details! Keep them coming! It's interesting seeing Krayt appear in so many regionals.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, July 3, 2015 11:15:55 AM

Finally finishing the top 4 matchups here.

In the semis I played Ben Guins. He was running that Krayt transferring into force ghosts crap.

I didn't pop ABM first round (almost never do), so he outactivated me with Krayt's CE. I stupidly moved my squad up to within 16 of a ghost (hard not to do considering they walk through walls. He trotted the ghost up to within 8, and then I realized what was about to happen. After init I knew I was losing something, so I might as well turn on ABM. He trots the ghost up next to Jaq and transfers in Krayt. He uses rage, and kills Jaq and takes 40 outta Shoaneb. He is stuck for the round now. So I pour everything I can into him. My wookiee comes around to hit for 50 (40 after CA6). Shoaneb does her twin and hits both (after a reroll) for 30/30, 50 total after 1 made and 1 failed crab armor save. Then we both realize it's gonna come down to the next init roll. I surround Shoaneb with figs to make sure she maxes out her crowd fighting. She now hits on anything but a 1. I win init, and roll my 2 not-ones, and Krayt is dead even with Crab Armor. He concedes at that point. Finished at the start of round 3, in 15 minutes. Had he just transfered in, attacked without rage and transferred out, he would have certainly won. Or simply won that big init. Ridiculous squad. Really hope it goes away.

Then finals rematch vs ATMsalad.

He wins map this time, and we play on the crap-tastic great library. Yikes.

I smartly make a stronghold in the back with a lot of my activations and lock down tight. I know he's coming in hard one round 1. I can't afford to pop ABM until round 2. I move some of my guys up a little, and then after I am out I realize how it was still too much. He double swaps 3/4 across the board and tosses a double grenade on a little cluster I had. Stupidly I had the senator in that cluster, and lose him and a couple scrubs. I figured I lost right there.

But I battle back. Details are a little fuzzy, but I believe that left Mira in a bad spot. I couldn't attack her next round, but it left her scrambling inside the library. Now I pop ABM, and I outactivate and have an MTB. Different game now. He plays it cagey and keeps Boba back. I have to get multiple threats going to threaten Mira. It takes a round to set up, and I had to get Jaq way out of position, but I do kill Mira before she does much else. I try and threaten Boba with Shoaneb and smack Boba for 60. She takes some shots from Boba. It's almost the end of time, and ABM is about to run out for good. I realize I can't get Shoaneb close enough for the kill on Boba (running and hiding little bounty hunter!) and if Shoaneb dies we would be close on points. I try take a page out of his book and and retreat to a safe spot passing a scrub. Scrub crits (of course!) killing Shoaneb. Crap! Now we are really close eon points. I have to get gambit! So I run the ABM-less Bastila into gambit. I try to put stuff in the way of Jaq to prevent him getting killed by Boba. I wish I had more details here. It was all a blur. I made some mistakes, so did Etienne. When it was all over, we counted points and I was barely ahead.

So I made the top 4 and then had fate take over. I wouldn't have been able to beat Jason, but he's the one I never faced. 1 play error in the semis gave me the win, and a nail-biter of a final that was not played perfect on either side ended with me ahead by a hair.

I live a charmed life at the Indiana Regional. 6 years it's been held. 6 years I won it. I guess I use up al my luck in IN and there's none left by the time GenCon rolls around lol.