RegisterDonateLogin

We would be honored, if you would join us for a glass of Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars: Armada Options
Echo24
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2015 5:35:59 PM
Groups: Member

Is anybody else incredibly excited for this game? I liked X-Wing well enough, but it had a few flaws and didn't quite get me hooked. It really looks like Armada has learned a lot of lessons from X-Wing and is improving on it. They previewed the objectives today (one of the big improvements over X-Wing!), so now we have seen nearly everything. Hopefully the west coast port slowdowns didn't push it's release too far back.
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2015 9:10:51 PM

I am definitely excited about this one. I've yet to get to play X-Wing but years ago when I used to do story-based RP I loved commanding fleets and this is giving me that chance. So to say I am excited is an understatement.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Monday, March 2, 2015 10:23:59 PM

@Echo24
This looks to be a much more broad-scale game - perfect for large-scale engagements in RPG stuff.
I like the array of fighter wings etc...
I'll onboard if they make a decent Clone Wars Era version.
If no clone wars era stuff is made... and they opt for JJAbrams/Legacy Wars instead,
I'll give Star Wars: Armada a miss and opt for my own clone wars minis with GOBS space game rules BigGrin
GOBS is a lot of fun

Its going to be fun to have the crossover ST:AW vs SW:A game. (star trek attack wing vs star wars armada)
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 12:36:03 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It took a long time for me to accept another Star Wars game after SWM, but I eventually bought and now enjoy Xwing. Still no SWM, but hey. Then Imperial Assault came along and I will pass on that, thank you very much. But, I was hooked on Armada instantly. What Starship Battles should have been?
DARPH NADER
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 2:38:42 AM

Being a hardcore XW snub fighter pilot since launch I will say there is little wrong with the system. Now with the impending launch of Armada we will now indeed have a system that SWSB should have been. Most excited!

As for IA it just didn't agitate my molecules, so I sold my copy to make room for Armada.
HanSolo79
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 7:56:53 AM

Dudes this is the first time in a while where I can honestly say that all your sentiments are what mine are. Nothing to add here except a long version of "dito" BigGrin
HanSolo79
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:18:41 AM

Oh I will add this actually: I spent the blasted money to buy nearly all the SW battles (still don't even know what the blasted title is, haha) miniatures to use in a home-designed multi-player minis based RP campaign. It was highly active for 4.5 yrs but slowed down to a crawl as of late. I never played the SWSB game by it's rules. Instead, I played by the Axis & Allies based rules that I forget who, at the moment, in the minis community created it. That was fun. Everyone said the SWSB game pretty much sucked as was. So I didn't bother. Maybe armada rules could be used with old SWSB pieces? I'll have to look into thatSmile
HanSolo79
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 8:36:49 AM

I have been 'developing' a fun way to connect all 3 games in a massive RP styled (or not; I want that option) campaign (SWSB + Xwing + SWM). If Armadas combat system & maneuvering systems are more fun/easier to pickup & near flawless, I'll be buying the core set. We'll see how things develop & maybe I sell off certain SB pieces (if possible). Btw, when I've got what to me feels like a finished product with this development of mine, I will be sharing it with the community. Be neat to see what is good and possibly lacking in itSmile
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 10:12:13 AM

HanSolo79 wrote:
I have been 'developing' a fun way to connect all 3 games in a massive RP styled (or not; I want that option) campaign (SWSB + Xwing + SWM). If Armadas combat system & maneuvering systems are more fun/easier to pickup & near flawless, I'll be buying the core set. We'll see how things develop & maybe I sell off certain SB pieces (if possible). Btw, when I've got what to me feels like a finished product with this development of mine, I will be sharing it with the community. Be neat to see what is good and possibly lacking in itSmile

Nice! Would love to see it! And I have played similar idea with just starship battles and SWM, making the class 3 transports the ones carrying troops down to a planet to fight. Or into another ship for boarding action
HanSolo79
Posted: Tuesday, March 3, 2015 3:24:49 PM

kobayashimaru wrote:
@Echo24
This looks to be a much more broad-scale game - perfect for large-scale engagements in RPG stuff.
I like the array of fighter wings etc...
I'll onboard if they make a decent Clone Wars Era version.
If no clone wars era stuff is made... and they opt for JJAbrams/Legacy Wars instead,
I'll give Star Wars: Armada a miss and opt for my own clone wars minis with GOBS space game rules BigGrin
GOBS is a lot of fun

Its going to be fun to have the crossover ST:AW vs SW:A game. (star trek attack wing vs star wars armada)

I'm curious, what is GOBS?