RegisterDonateLogin

I think my eyes are getting better. Instead of a big dark blur, I see Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Tomb of the Acolytes Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 3:40:52 PM
Groups: Member

When did this map get take off the Restricted list? What was the reason it was take off? Where could I find info on this information? Thanks in advance,
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:03:54 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The new Floor Rules with updated restricted list was announced a week or two ago, so it's only been off the list since then. No explicit reason was given for removing it, but a number of people had expressed a desire for a smaller restricted list. Most maps that anyone objected to were removed. The complaints about Tomb of the Acolytes were that it was too easy to use Diplomats to block melee pieces.
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, March 19, 2015 4:21:55 PM
Groups: Member

The restricted list was updated March 06, 2015.

Tomb of the Acolytes received 12.5% of the votes to be removed from the restricted list.

Tomb was a topic of debate on bloomilk and SHNN since last gencon when Atmsalad playing Daala was able to pin BillIV's yobuck with two Imperial diplomats.

In the words of the great FlyingArrow-"Tomb of the Acolytes - Combat focuses on the choke points instead of gambit, which is a bit odd. I do like the map enough to keep it on the Restricted list, but it's not at the top of my list. Garnered a lot of complaints, though, last time it was discussed."

Lots of people liked Tomb, including myself, but the choke points seem to become an issue for many people.

But who knows, Tomb of the Acolytes could be rotated back on to restricted next year.