RegisterDonateLogin

Is what Obi-Wan offered Dr. Evazan.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

JA Stats - Exceptional Jedi Apprentice and PVW Options
Bantha_Rawk
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:52:02 AM
Groups: Member

Ok, I finally got my booster today, was a little disappointed to pull Qui-Gon but at least I got 2 new stats we have yet to see:

Exceptional Jedi Apprentice - UC
New Republic 26/40
Cost: 24
HP: 60
Def: 17
Att: 8
Dam: 20

SA:
Melee Attack
Double Attack
Impulsive Jedi Hunter (If a Unique allied character is defeated, for the remainder of the skirmish this character has Jedi Hunter [ +4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with Force ratings])

Force Powers:
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Force Push 2
Lightsaber Block
Master Speed

Praetorite Vong Warrior - C
Yuuzahn Vong 39/40
Cost: 22
HP: 60
Def: 16
Att: 8
Dam: 10

SA:
Melee Attack
Cunning Attack +20
Force Immunity
Thud Bug
Twin Attack
Vondum Crab Armor 11

Other pulls - Qui-Gon Jinn, Jedi Trainer; Felucian; Heavy Clone Trooper; PB Thug; Rocket BD

Thoughts: I really like both the new pieces! The EJA has great FP with Renewal (whichs begs the question, why does GMLS have that CE) and love the idea of Impulsive JH. You can pair him with Wedge and a TBSV, giving him GM with Double JH at +12 for 30 a piece and Master Speed on top of that! Very nice, move 12 and still double attack! This is a great addition. Only complaint is 60 HP, but block and evade (via Wedge) along with Leia, can keep him alive a little longer.

The PVW is spectacular!!! A lot better than either of the other warriors... Cunning +20 with Twin will be nice, especially teamed up with the Shaper and Preist... That is a possible 100 damage IIRC...

Enjoy...
kenred2
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:53:35 AM

The Vong and the Exceptional Jedi are both pretty good ThumpUp
sharron
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 10:59:16 AM

that warrior is FREAKN good! 60 damage by himself?? then throw in EVERYTHING the vong can give him, he hits like 100s. thats darth bane in 22 pts. haha!!

im runnning 3 of these and a ossus guardian with warmaster, shaper, and priest. gah, thats going to be freakn awesome.

jedi apprentice looks really good, but as you said, only downside is 60 HP with 17 defense. LOVING impulsive JH. then with wedge + leia, cant touch this. im liking how there is alot of ranged force powers coming out in this set. with the exception of GMLS ofcourse. push 2, throw 2, its all coming back in. thats the way it should be i think.

all points covered i think, and so i think its an exceptional find with these guys. haha....
rbrown
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:01:37 AM

I love the warrior hes got a good attack and has a solid defense
Noru
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:05:18 AM

Vong warrior is awesome! ThumpUp
DarthReeves
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:06:19 AM

New Rep piece is too expensive. Spend 2 more for Kyp...not what I'd hoped
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:06:57 AM

Ditto. Also, the EJA is sweet! (Now there is another use for Bib Fortuna that isn't Jacen or Kyp.....)
Bantha_Rawk
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:11:46 AM

DarthReeves wrote:
New Rep piece is too expensive. Spend 2 more for Kyp...not what I'd hoped

Nah, not really. He has Master Speed. You pair him with Wedge and a TBSV, which would also help other pieces in the squad, and he can move 12 and still Double Attack, with the possibility of having JH. I think he is rather good.
Lord ZOS
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:14:20 AM

I was gonna gripe about the EJA's attack being lower than the Young Jedi Knight, but then I realized that this was an Apprentice not a Knight. That, and with Impulsive Jedi Hunter & Master Speed... well... he's gonna be pretty awesome.

The Vong Warrior is gonna be crazy good. Does he get Double from the Subaltern? He does have Vong Warrior in his name...
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:29:14 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

*edit: it has to be exactly "Yuuzhan Vong Warrior" in the name.

If the Subaltern CE had a small "w", then it'd be ok. (it would then cover warriors from the YV faction...instead it really only covers YV Warriors, a specific character)
Sithfan
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 11:46:48 AM

unfortunately he's a "Praetorite Vong Warrior" and not a "Yuuzhan Vong Warrior"....

Yuuzhan Vong Subaltern's CE wrote:
Allied Yuuzhan Vong Warriors within 6 squares gain Double Attack.

It sucks I know. Why can't all Vong warriors be Yuuzhan Vong Warriors? The CE doesn't say named... but that's the decision of Nickname and Rob...
Lord ZOS
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:21:52 PM

Sithfan wrote:
unfortunately he's a "Praetorite Vong Warrior" and not a "Yuuzhan Vong Warrior"....

Yuuzhan Vong Subaltern's CE wrote:
Allied Yuuzhan Vong Warriors within 6 squares gain Double Attack.

It sucks I know. Why can't all Vong warriors be Yuuzhan Vong Warriors? The CE doesn't say named... but that's the decision of Nickname and Rob...

That's frickin' great Rob... here's a scenerio for you...

I'm LATINO, but I can't get any college benefits for LATINOS because my name isn't LATINO LORD ZOS... WHAT A CROC!!!
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:41:14 PM

Those are both great pieces. This set just keeps getting better and better...
MarkIV
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:50:58 PM

Not quite the same thing zos. You will note that most vong CE's affect Vong Allies, Vong followers or Allied vong (same thing diff wording). That commander effect does not, which is a legitimate distinction. praetorite vong were distinct from the main vong forces, so maybe that's why they do not benefit from that CE.

Also, exactly who in the HELL is GMLS supposed to boost at this point?

Old school kyle and corran, jacen and jaina are mostly unplayable. Jaina, has some, limited use, but only limited really, she's there to get you a han.

KK, Jedi battlemaster won't fit well in anything other than 250+ with gmls
Mara Jade jedi rarely needs extra force (it's nice, i'll allow, but hardly necessary)
kyp's kinda nice, but needs wedge, which creates the issue of running out of points again even in 200
Jedi weapon masters and battle masters would be great... but: insert the obvious issue with that
wolf has the same problem kyp does.
Cade's too big

So yeah...

Sithborg
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 12:53:51 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Luke's CE is there mainly so he isn't a follower...

The Vong is cool. I have some cool ideas for a Vong MTB squad. I had a varient that I liked, and this Vong will pretty much replace the JHs.
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 1:28:03 PM

Impresive most impresive.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Friday, May 29, 2009 5:05:36 PM

OMG
homestar45
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:51:05 AM

@MarkIV: I'm with you on all that man. The more I look at the set the more I wonder why Luke has that commander effect other then to keep him from being a follower. But then again there are some great fringe pieces that don't have renewal that could benefit. Mainly Juhani comes to mind, because you can sith rage repeatedly. But whatever.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Saturday, May 30, 2009 3:59:46 AM

homestar45 wrote:
@MarkIV: I'm with you on all that man. The more I look at the set the more I wonder why Luke has that commander effect other then to keep him from being a follower. But then again there are some great fringe pieces that don't have renewal that could benefit. Mainly Juhani comes to mind, because you can sith rage repeatedly. But whatever.

I do believe you have a point in that they gave Luke a CE just so he doesn't get a bunch of insane commander bonuses and become uber-broken. The thought of him with Wedge is incredibly scary. However, there are some pieces that can benefit from him nonetheless. I like Kyp and Kreia personally.