RegisterDonateLogin

If I told you half the things I've heard about this web site, you'd probably short circuit.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Old Republic Revan Options
defender390
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 8:38:07 AM
Groups: Member

After seeing the affinity on the Jedi Crusader, I was wondering about the future prospect of a dedicated Old Republic Revan. I really enjoyed Knights of the Old Republic and liked the Revan character. I don't believe the Revan we have really represents Revan, not only because of the overcosting, but also because it represents Revan after he fell to the Dark Side and before the events of the game. I also do not think a Revanchist character would fix the problem, although it would be nice to go along with Squint. So, in all, I would like a dedicated light side Revan to represent him during the events of the game. What do you all think? Should it stay the same, should the Revanchist be enough, or should a new Revan be made?
saeseetiin
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 8:50:34 AM

I would like to see a new one made
RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 11:04:37 AM

Make more sense if you the new one is fringe... Because during the game you learn light side and dark side things, and never represent the republic (except for when you are on Taris). That is why most of his traveling companions are now fringe pieces.

-RevRevGar
Boba Fettuccine
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 12:53:58 PM

RevRevGar wrote:
Make more sense if you the new one is fringe... Because during the game you learn light side and dark side things, and never represent the republic (except for when you are on Taris). That is why most of his traveling companions are now fringe pieces.

-RevRevGar

The canonical ending is the lightside ending, so it would make the most sense for a new Revan to be OR.

That being said, the Revan we have now makes me soooooo sad. I can't figure out what all his 88 points are for. Master Tactician? Cool power, but GAT has it for 32. Corruption? Disciple of Ragnos for 20. Every other power is just above average, and with only 140 hp with no range blocker, he falls fast to the likes of Rex and Dash.

If you like the KotOR series, just wait for KotOR 3. The ending of KorOR 2 set up 3 to be the coolest yet. You can bet Revan will play a big role in 3.
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 1:29:02 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I don't know, we may get enough info for a "Revanchrist" mini, before he fell.
awesome
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 1:40:40 PM

both factions need a new revan, a sith version of a beatstick(with master shaak ti's pose) and a OR commander
defender390
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 2:10:27 PM

A Fringe Revan is interesting, however I believe the game should stay in the realm of canon as much as possible. I think the reason they have delayed so long is because whichever route they go (Guardian, Sentinel, or Consular), it will result in backlash from fans that will not like the choice. I personally want a force user rather than a beatstick since I enjoyed the Consular route much more. He most definitely should have an excellent commander effect. Carth himself said that the only reason for Malak's successes after Revan's capture was the leadership of Saul Karath. Canderous also said that the cunning and ferocity of Revan's tactics took even the battle-hardened Mandalorians by surprise. That characterize's Revan as a much more capable commander than Malak, which in this game means a lot. Now, I realize they were simply playing up the player character so you aren't playing a scrub, so I would be happy with a 60-70 point Jedi. By no means do I think he should mount up to Luke's level, just slightly lower. By the way, I would not get your hopes up for some Revan content in Knights of the Old Republic 3, I think it takes place 300 years after Revan during a Cold War between the Old Republic and the True Sith.
RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 2:15:17 PM

Don't get SWTOR and KoToR 3 mixed up...

-RevRevGar
defender390
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 2:57:17 PM

Is there actually a Knights of the Old Republic 3? I was under the impression that Star Wars: The Old Republic was the long awaited Knights of the Old Republic 3, seeing as it is the only game mentioned on kotor3.net. I really hope there is a Knights of the Old Republic 3 role-playing-game, since I do not play online. I don't keep very close tabs on these things and searches did not clear anything up, so do any of you know something I do not?

On topic- I am curious to see what you guys want to see in a Revan miniature, specifically.
Boba Fettuccine
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 3:43:10 PM

defender390 wrote:
On topic- I am curious to see what you guys want to see in a Revan miniature, specifically.

About KotOR 3, I'm not certain.

In a new Revan, I'd like to see a special ability like demoralization of jedi in where anyone with a force rating that rolls a 1 or 2 betrays and cannot re-roll. He has alot of possibility since he is such a deep character.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 3:49:31 PM

I've actually never played KOTOR, but I do know that the Revan we have right now just plain sucks. Personally, I'd prefer a commander/Force-user Revan to be made next, but if they want to roll in some sick combat skills and make it a GMLS-style character, that's great too.
Boba Fettuccine
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 4:05:33 PM

mercenary_moose wrote:
I've actually never played KOTOR, but I do know that the Revan we have right now just plain sucks. Personally, I'd prefer a commander/Force-user Revan to be made next, but if they want to roll in some sick combat skills and make it a GMLS-style character, that's great too.

I'd rather have a great commander that could make a squad than a GMLS type that is just too expensive to be effective. In the game, the sith version of Revan only uses his lightsaber once if I recall correctly.
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 8:33:25 AM

They could easily go anywhere with the Revan since his skills are almost completely determined by the player. A Jedi Guardian version would be like Grand Master Luke Skywalker, however a Consular would be like Luke Skywalker and Yoda with a commander effect. A Sentinel would be more of a mix between the two. It all depend upon which version Wizards of the Coast believes that the Old Republic needs most.