RegisterDonateLogin

Controls your actions - partially - but it also obeys your commands.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

SWTOR Takes it to a new level! Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 5:19:10 PM
Groups: Member

Either he dies after finding them... Dies and never finds them... Or joins them and dies because of time...

The guy leading the Sith behind the scenes in this video is Lord Baras... He is a guy that retreated from the known galaxy to rebuild the sith 1000 years earlier. And because of the Dark side he was able to stay alive... It makes no mention of him ever finding out who Revan was...

-RevRevGar
awesome
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 2:01:40 AM

hmmmmm, I wonder if wizards is making a set out of this, they pretty much make a set out of anything now days though,

to me I think Revan died of old age, he didnt have vonduun armor like Krayt did so he didnt live another 200-300 years so he probably died around 70-90
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:19:54 AM

I hope if this game does well that it will release for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

Ok I have to watch that video againTongue
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:40:25 AM

Here is some info on that sith Emperor.

The Emperor survived the ancient Sith Empire's defeat during the Great Hyperspace War, and fled into the Unknown Regions with his most trusted Sith Lords. Here, he began rebuilding the Empire of the True Sith, vowing to return and defeat the Republic.

Using dark rituals, the Emperor prolonged his life and his undisputed rule. He led the Sith Empire during the Great Galactic War and after its conclusion withdrew, deferring control to his Dark Council, in order to pursue his own mysterious goals. By the time of the Great War, he was well over 1,400 years old.[1]
BatMandalore
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 7:56:22 AM

This was in the FAQ on the TOR website -

Quote:
Q:How does Star Wars: The Old Republic relate to Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic?

A:Star Wars: The Old Republic takes place approximately three hundred years after the events of Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (KOTOR).
At the conclusion of the Jedi Civil War in KOTOR, Revan disappeared into unknown space in search of a great threat to the Republic, an expanding Sith Empire led by a mysterious Emperor who planned vengeance for his ancient Jedi enemies. Revan never returned from unknown space, but the Sith Empire did, kicking off a war with the Republic that lasted for decades. Now, despite the uneasy truce created by the Treaty of Coruscant, the tension among the divided star systems is threatening to once again tear the galaxy apart.

So there you go, the canon word on Revan's last known whereabouts.

I notice they have left it open enough for him to return, especially if he went dark-side again when he discovered this Sith Empire, and learnt the Emperor's dark rituals to prolong his life...
Shadowdragon
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 11:33:17 AM

AWESOME! I may need to get a good graphics card, just to play this game! KOTOR, in my opinion, stunk. You ran around talking to people all day and the combat was horrible. I hope this game does much better. The video was amazing.

I want to be a dark-side-force-using-fringe Mando'ade! That would be cool!
Mr Skywalker2001
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 11:45:40 AM

Bangin videos nice graphics i will love the game when it comes out for a game system cause i will be sure to get it.
Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, June 3, 2009 4:56:14 PM

so kool
IG-108
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:16:34 AM

I keep watching this video over and over and it never gets any less cool. It's amazing.
RevRevGar
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:19:04 AM

It is truly amazing. That cannot be denied.

-RevRevGar
awesome
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:44:01 AM

My computer sucks because that video always freezes up. :(
Jedi Master Chief
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:35:41 PM

IG-108 wrote:
I keep watching this video over and over and it never gets any less cool. It's amazing.

Amen can't Wait
this movie practacally sold the game for me

My Characters:
Jedi
Sith
Bounty Hunter

and i love the fact that we still have companions in this game!
rbrown
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 8:59:09 PM

aesome i am going to get that game as soon as it comes out.
darth babylon
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 4:54:38 AM

I played and loved the old kotor games. I was so syked about this game, until I heard it was an MMO.

I loved every single aspect of the old KOTOR. the controls, turn based strategy, I also loved that it was not an MMO, because I could actually play and finish the game.

so now to enjoy this game I need to dedicate my life to level up so these nim rods dont kill you at your spawning point.

ThumbDown this is starwars, not WOW. WOW is for people who have entirely way to much time on their hands.

kotor was 2003 game of the year for a reason. they should have just left it the way it was and made a different starwars MMO.

I only play Xbox so the fact that it is on pc is another turn off for me.

if they make it for xbox I might consider it.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 5:26:55 AM

with the MMO does that mean that the whole game is online? or is there a story part and than you can choose to be online?
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 7:03:44 AM

I've only really gotten into one MMORPG in my life (Dark Age of Camelot). I loved it, but ultimately I had to quit playing because my computer at the time couldn't handle the mass warfare. More importantly, I had a Masters thesis to complete BigGrin. That was about 8 years ago, and I haven't played an MMO game since. However, I have a feeling that is all about to change!!! Woot
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 11:16:13 AM

I didn't think much of SWTOR, as I am not a big fan of the OR era. But then I saw that video, and, well, Drool
mercenary_moose
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2009 3:21:51 PM

Just saw that video again at the LGS. It doesn't get any less cool! My friend thodafett told the store owner about it, and of course, everybody else heard about it and wanted to see it. So we all got onto a laptop, found the video online, and massed around the computer to watch it. Only problem is, it took forever to load, and when it did load, noisy mall patrons made it impossible to hear the video! So the owner temporarily shut down the shop so we could watch the video. And there we sat, for a total of around 10 minutes, huddled around a laptop, watching the trailor and drooling all over ourselves. And yes, we did get quite a few interested looks from people wondering what 6 nerds were doing now crowding around a laptop in a closed store.
arrcot
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2009 6:00:35 PM

I really Really REALLY hope they're not just taking SWG and making it prettier, sharper and changing the factions on us. that would upset me greatly
Zombieboy
Posted: Saturday, July 11, 2009 8:48:53 AM

Good-Bye WOW Hello SWTOR