RegisterDonateLogin

That's no moon. That's Bloo Milk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Greatest dissapointments in swm Options
shatterpoint7
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:07:08 AM
Groups: Member

Example: missing a great deal on ebay, losing a game you knew you should have won, pulling a wedge while another box had a revan and felcor.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:16:14 AM

Two BH boosters left on the shelf. I carefully inspect and shake them, hoping for a distinct rattle that divulges their contents. Finally I choose. "This is the one! This is my Boba or Jango!" Dannik Jerriko and Snowspeeder #6.
One of my friends bought the other one: Boba, BH and Krayt Dragon.
mrtyler7
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:32:12 AM

My friend and I went to buy some minis on his birthday before heading to the golf course, hoping that some Birthday Luck would swing things our way. We both bought a Bounty Hunters pack. He got a Jango Fett, and I pulled another FREAKING BoShek!! Smile

At least his Birthday Luck worked for him.

Boba Fettuccine
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:34:50 AM

I missed a legit, still bagged Sion on ebay for $9.99, then missed Boba Merc Commander for 0.01 the next day. I suck.
Glympse
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 9:57:11 AM

It gets to a point where you shouldn't be buying packs anymore. The $20 bucks you spent on the pack, and you could have used that online to order 2-3 of the rares that you still need, without all the extra doubles.
Mr Skywalker2001
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:03:25 PM

i want a LOTF pack i put it back for a KOTOR and my cousin buys the LOTF and gets darth caedus
saeseetiin
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:20:16 AM

I dont buy any packs you save money just buying a case or even the whole set
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:24:45 AM

Biggest disappointment, I saw this bounty hunters pack last one, I decided to go for a unleashed instead,

the next week a new guy gets it and Boba BH, and after that he never came back :(

but the next biggest disappointment was disintegrating an uggie.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:33:53 AM

I listened to my friend's advice on which out of two pack of Bounty Hunters I should buy. I got 4-LOM and some non-important huge. The kid who bought the pack I didn't got Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter, and a Young Krayt Dragon. I'm still kicking myself for that one.
mrtyler7
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:37:18 AM

I have another one: I bought a pack, and, as I am accustomed to do, I looked at the cards first. Understandably, I was excited because there was a card for one Darth Caedus. With joy I ripped open the box, searching for my new VR, when a Darth Talon fell out. Now, I was in the middle of a karma slump at the time, and this was just the icing on the cake. Two great minis, but I wasn't able to use either.

Fortunately, WotC, whatever else someone could say about them, have a great return policy. I sent in the cards, and asked them to provide the cards for the minis I had received. Sure enough, they sent the right cards, including Talon, and threw in a Darth Nilh just to be nice.

And then the next box of LotF I bought had a Caedus. Good times.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:43:27 AM

mrtyler7 wrote:
I have another one: I bought a pack, and, as I am accustomed to do, I looked at the cards first. Understandably, I was excited because there was a card for one Darth Caedus. With joy I ripped open the box, searching for my new VR, when a Darth Talon fell out. Now, I was in the middle of a karma slump at the time, and this was just the icing on the cake. Two great minis, but I wasn't able to use either.

Fortunately, WotC, whatever else someone could say about them, have a great return policy. I sent in the cards, and asked them to provide the cards for the minis I had received. Sure enough, they sent the right cards, including Talon, and threw in a Darth Nilh just to be nice.

I dont think that that is a disappointment, 3 30 dollar mini's for 30 dollars.
mrtyler7
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:47:08 AM

awesome wrote:
mrtyler7 wrote:

I dont think that that is a disappointment, 3 30 dollar mini's for 30 dollars.

Until I went on Wizard's website and found out there was an avenue to get this fixed, I was very disappointed. Smile

But you're right, it definitely ended well.
vanlanning
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 10:33:31 AM

I was playing a game against a palpy sithlord/rex/thrawn squad against lord vader/thrawn. Last thing in the round, lord vader kills enemy thrawnThumbsUp, and I get init and use my 10 HP lord vader to kill the 50 HP Palpy. first roll hits. second roll is a 1. no force points to reroll with.I was like This: BigGrin Confused OMG Crying
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 10:52:44 AM

I was facing a Mando squad (if DurgeDude talks about this, i'll tell the bloomilkers about the last tournament) That an uggie demolitionist, Boba Merc. Commander, and a few mando scouts. He killed two of my people in about 2 Rounds (3 rounds in) and I got Boba, Merc. Commander to 10 HP. I kept shooting for the rest of the time trying to kill him. I never did. I had people combine fire, + 12 attack, spotter +20. I had about 6 people ready to kill him!!!
Cybit
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 11:07:21 AM

@vanlanning

Yeah, I remember that, I think we ended up buying you a Legacy booster after that, we felt so bad. You also have the record for getting *everything* disintegrated (LV, Thrawn, and a Geno) by Boba, BH in the same game.
Omnus
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 11:11:21 AM

vanlanning wrote:
I was playing a game against a palpy sithlord/rex/thrawn squad against lord vader/thrawn. Last thing in the round, lord vader kills enemy thrawnThumbsUp, and I get init and use my 10 HP lord vader to kill the 50 HP Palpy. first roll hits. second roll is a 1. no force points to reroll with.I was like This: BigGrin Confused OMG Crying

Haha, great game. Although I thought palpy was at like 20 hp and the first roll was a 1.
AdmiralAckbar
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 2:05:29 PM

Greatest disappointment in SWM would have to be the release of Nien Nubb or however you call his name.
He is not to bad with all the new upgrades rebels are getting but he is stillMeh
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 2:27:27 PM

AdmiralAckbar wrote:
Greatest disappointment in SWM would have to be the release of Nien Nubb or however you call his name.
He is not to bad with all the new upgrades rebels are getting but he is stillMeh

Replace Nien Nunb with 3P0 (IE) and you got itLOL
IG-108
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 3:49:48 PM

I was playing a game where I had Aurra Sing, JH, left, and my opponent had Grievous's wheel bike. I ran up to him and twin attacked him, needing anything but 1s to kill him. I rolled two 1s in a row and had no Force points to re-roll. Next turn, he killed poor Aurra.
mini player
Posted: Saturday, June 6, 2009 4:47:47 AM

i have pretty good luck in pack pulls, the worst was probably
getting a clone wars pack (the only one i bought) "here comes
another odd ball" said the manager. sure enough, odd ball.
but i really do have good pull luck, i've pulled two reavens, one
felcor, a warmaster and a desert skiff.