RegisterDonateLogin

Gives you that wonderful Chiss tan...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Nom bomb for current meta Options
Yames2.0
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:30:05 PM
Groups: Member

ok so im trying to make a Nom bomb that can kinda hold its own in todays world im this is my current squad its proven its self in the past but im looking for a way to make it more viable aginst GOWK since soresu is now both...

34 Nom Anor
60 Whiphid Tracker x4
13 Czerka Scientist
12 Garindan
20 Jawa Scout x2
8 Wicket
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist
(150pts. 11 activations)

Super Trackers

Im thinking maybe droping to trackers for 2 kel dors the 2 40s being maybe enuf to hurt obi or at least scare him back while i work on the rest of their figs

any thought would be helpful and thanks in advance
swmimperial130
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:32:49 PM

Yames2.0 wrote:
but im looking for a way to make it more viable aginst GOWK since soresu is now both...

ThumbsUp Dooku of SerennoThumbsUp
Yames2.0
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:34:08 PM

swmimperial130 wrote:
Yames2.0 wrote:
but im looking for a way to make it more viable aginst GOWK since soresu is now both...

ThumbsUp Dooku of SerennoThumbsUp

if only... if only....
swmimperial130
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 4:36:37 PM

Makashi states "When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11. Shii-Cho, Soresu, Ataru, and Niman Style cannot be used against this character."
No Soresu for you GOWK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yames2.0
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:12:43 PM

swmimperial130 wrote:
Makashi states "When hit by a melee attack, this character takes no damage with a save of 11. Shii-Cho, Soresu, Ataru, and Niman Style cannot be used against this character."

except this is a vong squad....
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 1:31:18 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I think the trackers have a higher damage output potential than the keldors, so I would keep them in. The only thing I might change is adding lobot, clo maybe. That way if you get that 11 initiative, you can bring in two keldors or trackers. Its not something you should count on, but at least lobot could help with a key init for the trackers and has that added door control.
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 2:08:45 AM

thanks for the input ill test that out see if it gets any increased or decreased results. im guessing u think i should drop a tracker for the lobot to pay for him straight up a little overide would be nice
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 3:23:16 AM

Yames2.0 wrote:
swmimperial130 wrote:

except this is a vong squad....

The only vong in it is Nom!!!! Take him out and it can be anything you want!
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 3:31:36 AM

swmimperial130 wrote:

The only vong in it is Nom!!!! Take him out and it can be anything you want!

Its hard to have a NOM BOMB squard with out NOM ANOR i think your missing the point of what im looking for... unless your just saying ditch the squad then ur opion is noted thanks
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 3:36:27 AM

It's not an opinion. Use nom to give Czerka Super stealth.
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 3:57:20 AM

swmimperial130 wrote:
It's not an opinion. Use nom to give Czerka Super stealth.

yes u give the czerka super stealth giving the whipids twin with cunning 20 at +11 and use the the spotters to hit for 50 - 60 at + 15, think u can even get a 70 off with the mighty swing not likely to happen but it could
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 4:51:39 AM

Yeah, switching a track for lobot straight up would probably be the easiest.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 5:28:40 AM

Dont get your hopes up though that super stealth will protect you because it wont, there are many strafe attackers and many melee, and the trackers wont always have cunning.
swmimperial130
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 5:32:11 AM

Still, they have to get close to shoot you (unless you leave them in the open) or melee you, which you can attack them at high attack/damage.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 5:41:07 AM

I like this squad. Looks like a bunch of fun to play.
joelker41
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 6:26:02 AM

Well IMO you have several problems that I can see with the squad:

1) You rely on attacks for offense. Let's say you lose Init and GOWK goes first, you effectively about 60 points of Whipids who won't hit anything even with Twin because they need 15s in a GOWK that is in cover.

2) No BG for Nom. Only thing GOWK has to do is run straight after Nom with Tow, he can absorb attacks all day long on the way. The only semi direct damage you have is a Force Immune shot with Nom.

I would take out a Whipid for 2 Advance Agents and another Ugo/Mouse just to get Thud Bug in there, a 50/50 shot of stopping GOWK in his tracks could be huge.

And in general you have few ways of attaining first round gambit on most maps GOWK would show up on so you will have to go after him, not the other way around, and with that squad he can just avoid thw Whipids altogether and take out just points of extras like the Ugos and the Czerka.

11 activations also won't help vs standard GOWK builds for Positioning purposes either, getting figures into key spots up field when you have the same or even lower activations than some GOWK builds will mean you will be outpositioned in most cases as well.

In general, just squeeze some direct damage or semi direct damage in there (like the Scout).
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 6:59:49 AM

I agree with joelker41, this squad has no way of defending itself, the whipids have 40 hp right? that is easy to take down, and a 15 defense right? also easy,
I think the best way to use Nom is not with all fringe but with vong, they have good CE's and also thud bug which is huge for stopping key enemies, unless they have Yoda cs or the new Leia but that wont show up to often yet.
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 7:43:17 AM

awesome wrote:
I agree with joelker41, this squad has no way of defending itself, the whipids have 40 hp right? that is easy to take down, and a 15 defense right? also easy,
I think the best way to use Nom is not with all fringe but with vong, they have good CE's and also thud bug which is huge for stopping key enemies, unless they have Yoda cs or the new Leia but that wont show up to often yet.

I wouldn't say this squad has no way of defending itself, the super stealth aspect of this squad is its primary defense. Most vong with stealth have less defense and hit points so they all would be just as easy to kill as long as you got adjacent to them. The bonus of mighty swing helps with the adjacentcy.

I do agree that maybe two trackers, lobot clo, two vong scouts and a mouse or uggy would be good. The threat of activation maybe keep them a little farther, it prevents obi building more force and doing damage. Not too mention he can't reroll the thudbug from the vong.
awesome
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 7:57:46 AM

thats why I said more vong, the trackers can easily be defended with force and effected, not to mention though that lightsaber throw 5 does work on vong and trackers alike,

and that would kill off tons of the trackers, they only have 40 hp and a low enough defense that vader would only need like 1-4's to hit and kill them.
Yames2.0
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:16:09 AM

allright thanks guys for all the input sounds like drop 2 trackers for lobot, two adv scouts and ug/mouse droid. Ill give that a whirl thats the info i was looking for cuz yea i didnt think it could stand up to a good gowk squad as it stood. In my local area we kinda have a gentalmens agreement to not realy use him. So i didnt know exactly how it would go, but were thinking of going to chicago. So we put one from on here together for testing